TIK-TOK What's the hubbub Bub?

Dadoalex

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2021
There's been commotion at many government levels about TIK-TOK and blocking it.

Why?
China, and I don't propose to speak for the CCP, I doubt is interested in videos of 40 year old women darning socks or 14 year old kids doing some stupid challenge.
Some say China's collecting data on kids. Why bother? I can get everything TIK-TOK collects by contacting GOOGLE and FB and buying the data. So...

Now keeping this stuff off government computers is a no-brainer. Just like FB, Instagram and the rest. There's no good reason to access these from any government computer.

So why the angst?

It's not the messenger. The powers are worried that they cannot monetize or control the message.

Notice this all became a big deal after the GOP got smacked by the kids in the last election. Onn this platform young people talk to one another. They've not yet been polluted by the Right's anger and hatred, they have LGBTQ+ friends, they have PoC friends, and when the see their friends attacked, they're taking it personally.

The big media companies want their piece of the pie and, if they can't get it, are willing to destroy the platform.
Politicians on both sides can't control the message so they're comfortable eliminating the platform.

For me it will be interesting to watch developments in this arena and how the political/media powers move to maintain their control over the flow of informaton.

The Gov can block TikTok on government issued phones and computers. Beyond that they can't do anything.

The Gov can block TikTok on government issued phones and computers. Beyond that they can't do anything.
Actually they did in 2020 but lost in court but forced the sale of all US entities to a US company (wal mart)

The question is why the big do?

Forum List

Back