thursday at 9pm on MSNBC you will know why we went into Iraq

47025016.jpg

Sent from my NWO shill phone using TapYourLine II

47025016.jpg

OK!

In October 2009, a group led by Eni SpA (NYSE:E), an Italian oil company, was awarded the contract for the Zubair Oil Field. Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY), an American company was part of this bid.

A month later, Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) and Royal Dutch Shell (NYSE:RDS.A, RDS.B) were given the right to develop Phase one of the West Qurna oil field.
Another round was held in mid December 2009, and concessions were awarded on seven of the 10 fields offered. No American-based companies bid during this round.

Sonangol, the Angolan National Oil Company, also called the Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola, won the right to develop the Qaiyarah and Najmah oil fields in the northern part of Iraq.

Russian company Lukoil and Statoil ASA (NYSE:STO) won the right to develop Phase two of the West Qurna oil field. This field holds 12.8 billion in proved reserves, and is in the southern part of Iraq, near Basra.

A consortium led by Gazprom, another Russian oil company, won the right to develop the Badra Field near the border with Iran. Members of this group include Petronas, the National Oil Company of Malaysia. Royal Dutch Shell and Petronas also won the concession for the Majnoon field, another one of Iraq's giant oil fields.

Iraq has a multi-year plan to boost production from its fields and these leases are only part of the plan. Iraq plans on drilling 150 wells in 2010 on its own without foreign assistance, and hopes this will add 250,000 barrels per day to its production.

Bottom Line
The perception that American oil companies would receive preferential treatment in a post-war Iraq have been proven false so far, with only two U.S.-based companies receiving contracts to develop Iraqi oil fields. This is a sharp slap in the face to conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Oil Companies Making Moves In Iraq (XOM, OXY, NYSE:RDS-A, NYSE:RDS-B, STO, BP, E)

47025016.jpg

OK!

In October 2009, a group led by Eni SpA (NYSE:E), an Italian oil company, was awarded the contract for the Zubair Oil Field. Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY), an American company was part of this bid.

A month later, Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) and Royal Dutch Shell (NYSE:RDS.A, RDS.B) were given the right to develop Phase one of the West Qurna oil field.
Another round was held in mid December 2009, and concessions were awarded on seven of the 10 fields offered. No American-based companies bid during this round.

Sonangol, the Angolan National Oil Company, also called the Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola, won the right to develop the Qaiyarah and Najmah oil fields in the northern part of Iraq.

Russian company Lukoil and Statoil ASA (NYSE:STO) won the right to develop Phase two of the West Qurna oil field. This field holds 12.8 billion in proved reserves, and is in the southern part of Iraq, near Basra.

A consortium led by Gazprom, another Russian oil company, won the right to develop the Badra Field near the border with Iran. Members of this group include Petronas, the National Oil Company of Malaysia. Royal Dutch Shell and Petronas also won the concession for the Majnoon field, another one of Iraq's giant oil fields.

Iraq has a multi-year plan to boost production from its fields and these leases are only part of the plan. Iraq plans on drilling 150 wells in 2010 on its own without foreign assistance, and hopes this will add 250,000 barrels per day to its production.

Bottom Line
The perception that American oil companies would receive preferential treatment in a post-war Iraq have been proven false so far, with only two U.S.-based companies receiving contracts to develop Iraqi oil fields. This is a sharp slap in the face to conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Oil Companies Making Moves In Iraq (XOM, OXY, NYSE:RDS-A, NYSE:RDS-B, STO, BP, E)

I was poking fun at TruthMocker for her parroting the "War for Oil" meme. :eusa_shhh:

47025016.jpg

OK!

Bottom Line

I was poking fun at TruthMocker for her parroting the "War for Oil" meme. :eusa_shhh:

I got it, but it is a waste of time sending anything to one note TruthMocker.

Forum List

Back