Three N.C. Democrats Admit Voting Twice For Obama...

While the Daily Caller identifies these three alleged criminals as being Democrats news sites such as this one:

NC Voters Charged With Fraud | digtriad.com

Do not.

I'm not sure how reliable the Daily Caller is but unless for some strange reason these three are proven to be Republicans, I doubt we will see TDM discuss this issue.

Voter Fraud is a problem and just because there has not been a huge number of arrests does not mean it is not a problem. How many crimes go unreported every year and never get prosecuted? Are those not a problem either?

Think about it Democrats. Are you really willing to write this off just because there are only three who were caught? How many of you would be willing to write it off if these three were Republicans from Florida that voted for Bush in 2000?

Immie

Thank you. I had read something else (although it may have been a blog) that stated one was a registered Democrat, one a registered Republican and one an unaffiliated voter.

I'm not willing to write off any instances of voter fraud. I support the most vigorous response to voter fraud. I also support things that will actually PREVENT it before it occurs.

These people should not have been able to do what they did...if proper procedures had been followed. The individuals voted early. That information should have been noted in the poll book at the polling place. That information would have triggered the pollworkers to issue a provisional ballot which is not counted until the voter's eligibility to cast that ballot is verified. The fact that they had already cast a ballot would disqualify it.

The newspaper states that it was too busy in 2008 to udpate the poll book with all the people that voted early before Election Day. I get that. The November 2008 election was crazy. (although the February Primary seemed busier)

And even if they HAD been able to update the poll books, someone can STILL commit the fraud by voting on Election Day at the Registrars Office and then go to their polling place to vote a second time. There would be no notation in the poll book that the voter had already voted.

How do we stop THAT? Easy...electronic poll books in all polling places. Unfortunately, that costs money that states and localities just don't have.

Yes, voter fraud is bad...but, in my opinion, it is the least of the concerns. What concerns me are things like a lack of transparency. Take Wisconsin for example. Voters are not allowed to watch the counting process...which allows for a single registrar to store votes on her personal laptop...and "suddenly" find thousands after already reporting.

We have streaming cameras in our counting room and anyone can come in and observe our process...at any time.

Transparency in a post election manual audit of PAPER ballots after every election. How do we know the optical scanners are correctly recording votes if a percentage is not manually verified? We are just supposed to trust the computers (that most often do not have an open software source)?

Transparency in electronic voting machines with a voter verified paper audit trail. In a manual count, you should be counting PAPER, not the electronic count. How do you count the paper on an electronic voting machine if you don't have a paper trail that the voter VERIFIED to be their vote? There are still quite a few states that don't require this paper audit trail.

We can prevent voter fraud by having statewide databases that the localities report to. Stop the cases of people being registered in more than one county. Again, what's that gonna take? Money...and nobody wants to spend any of that right now. I'm using pencils until they are an inch and a half long so I think a statewide database is a ways off...

It isn't just how many cases go unreported...it's how many cases go unpunished or un-pursued because there is no money to do it?

common sense has no part in literal interpretation of the constitution.
Like you would know. Dead people cannot vote so there is no need for them to have a right to vote. If someone uses their names to vote it is clearly a violation. Only the criminally minded think otherwise.

Granted dead people cannot vote but it is not speciifed in the constitution.

and why can't prisoners vote?

They can...it just depends on what state. For example...my state, California, allows you to vote as long as you are not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony. Every state except Vermont and Maine prohibits Felons from voting.

There are twelve states that permanently restrict an individuals right to vote if they've been convicted of a felony.

State Felon Voting Laws

How many dead Democrats voted in North Carolina as well?

When was the last actual case of someone using a deceased individuals name to cast a vote?

It really would be great for Elections Offices to be staffed so they could go through obituaries to find dead people. Of course, they need money to do that and governments just keep cutting their budgets instead.

You asked...............

Ballots cast in Houston using dead voters' names | Texas Watchdog

Dead people voting - Ballotpedia

Nearly 1,000 Dead Wisconsinites Still Eligible to Vote « Voter Fraud « Verify The Vote AZ

Dead voted in governor's race - seattlepi.com

MINNESOTA VOTE FRAUD: 2,812 Dead Voters | RedState

ACORN: Dead Voter Registration » Right Pundits

Local 2 Investigates Dead Voters - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

Pajamas Media » The Complete Guide to ACORN Voter Fraud

Dead people can only vote in Chicago - Educated Guesswork

THERE'S PLENTY MORE.........................

How many dead Democrats voted in North Carolina as well?

When was the last actual case of someone using a deceased individuals name to cast a vote?

It really would be great for Elections Offices to be staffed so they could go through obituaries to find dead people. Of course, they need money to do that and governments just keep cutting their budgets instead.

You asked...............

Ballots cast in Houston using dead voters' names | Texas Watchdog

Dead people voting - Ballotpedia

Nearly 1,000 Dead Wisconsinites Still Eligible to Vote « Voter Fraud « Verify The Vote AZ

Dead voted in governor's race - seattlepi.com

MINNESOTA VOTE FRAUD: 2,812 Dead Voters | RedState

ACORN: Dead Voter Registration » Right Pundits

Local 2 Investigates Dead Voters - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

Pajamas Media » The Complete Guide to ACORN Voter Fraud

Dead people can only vote in Chicago - Educated Guesswork

THERE'S PLENTY MORE.........................

The majority of your links show that there are deceased people on the rolls...not that they voted. I've encountered incidents of votes being counted for a deceased individuals as well. Upon investigation it usually turns out that someone signed the poll register on the wrong line.

Do you know how you get the deceased people off the rolls? I'll tell you how it works in my county. Every two weeks we get a listing from Vital Statistics of everyone who has died in the COUNTY that we must manually go through to match voters in our database. It's not always easy to find them either. Often the date of birth doesn't match exactly or the name has changed. Oh, and if the voter dies in another county, we aren't notified unless a family member tells us. They usually don't bother notifying the Registrar of voters unless the family gets voter material in the mail or a jury summons.

Death notices aren't always processed right away either. When you have seen your staffing cut by 50%, some things aren't done as quickly as you would like to see them done. Voter Registration is the number one priority and if you only have the time and personnel to do one thing...that's the thing you gotta do.

Preventing and combating voter fraud takes money...and few Registrars have any...

Massive Democrat Voter Fraud will have to be watched very closely in 2012. ACORN has not gone away completely. There are now more ACORN-like groups out there.

Forum List

Back