Thread idea...need help

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
I would like to propose a strictly issues only debate as a new thread in the Elections 2008 forum. This thread would have rules: You cannot attack each other, you cannot attack the candidates, you must post facts about both candidates' positions and back them up with credible sources (i.e. liberals can't go to huffington post and conservatives can't go to foxnews).

The issues I would like to debate are:

The economy (this includes taxes, job growth, etc.)
Economic philosophy overall (all the way from lezzie fair to communism)
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
Our middle east position
Social issues

I'm open to other topics for this debate, but with less than 3 weeks to go, I'd like an intelligent thread where there are no accusations, no keating 5 bs, no william ayres bs, just the issues. I'm not a moderator, so I can't delete posts that break the rules. I think there are probably more than a few people who are on here who are undecided and who could use this thread as a guide to vote for the candidate that they agree with the most on the issues.

I would like to propose a strictly issues only debate as a new thread in the Elections 2008 forum. This thread would have rules: You cannot attack each other, you cannot attack the candidates, you must post facts about both candidates' positions and back them up with credible sources (i.e. liberals can't go to huffington post and conservatives can't go to foxnews).

Our middle east position
Social issues

I'm open to other topics for this debate, but with less than 3 weeks to go, I'd like an intelligent thread where there are no accusations, no keating 5 bs, no william ayres bs, just the issues. I'm not a moderator, so I can't delete posts that break the rules. I think there are probably more than a few people who are on here who are undecided and who could use this thread as a guide to vote for the candidate that they agree with the most on the issues.

Sounds like you've been arguing with chris. You just named his Top Three deflections.

Any undecided voters that would use this forum as a guide to vote should have their voters registration card burned in front of them.

Your idea has been tried in the past and just gave "the usual suspects" another freshly painted wall to tag. First off, WHO are going to debate with? Unless there's someone completely hiding some ability, I don't see 'em.

You're doing the selling. Drum up some support and I'll consider taking this further.

Our middle east position
Social issues

hmmm i am still pretty much undecided....this board will not decide for me....any source ...any statis can be manipulated...good luck....if the truth fairy came on this message board they would beat her to death with a stick.

Forum List

Back