Thoughts on OJ.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Few Americans will forget what was called the “trial of the century” when OJ Simpson was acquitted of murdering his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson and her acquaintance Ron Goldman. It split the country along racial lines but race was only a small part of what was a very complex and not so complimentary expose’ on celebrity lifestyles where people with star power have enough money to act on their fantasies with sometimes tragic outcomes.

OJ Simpson was among a percentage of successful black men who consider themselves post racial and view a Caucasian trophy wife as the ultimate treasure. Though OJ and Nicole had two children they were tangled in an abusive lifestyle with the typical philandering one-upmanship that goes on so much in modern society and particularly in celebrity circles.

Nicole was like a lot of middle aged women who wake up one day and see new wrinkles on their face. As well as being abused she had developed the proverbial seven-year-itch and began having sport sex with other men to recapture her youth. This enraged OJ who saw his trophy in the possession of strangers and though he and Nicole were legally divorced it eventually pushed his obsessive, sociopathic personality over the edge.

The only real victim in this tragedy was Ron Goldman. He was just a handsome young man who was lured by a cougar and ended up being murdered by a jealous ex-husband.

The trial itself was a joke and the butt of the joke was the American legal system. The moneyed defense team was able to move the venue to a place where a jury could be hand-picked to reflect something cognitively comparable to the front row of a professional wrestling match.

The ineptitude of the prosecution was the laughing stock of modern law as they tried to shovel the complexities of DNA onto a jury that could barely understand the rudiments of ABC. By the end of the first week the jury was so thoroughly confused that they sat through the rest of the proceedings, nearly a year, functionally unconscious and then deliberated for less than four hours.

Johnny Cochran stole the show as he made fools of the buffoons who prosecuted the case and gave OJ the glove that if it didn’t fight you must acquit. OJ looked positively giddy as he was granted parole on his armed robbery charges. He’s not the first celebrity to get away with murder by buying his way out. The first trial had nothing to do with racism and the second was a poor attempt to rescue the image of American law.

I thought it was $19,000 a month for his pension. And of course it is exempt from any lawsuits, as are his homes.

I also started reading ( and stopped) an article telling how he had made $600,000 while in prison.

Few Americans will forget what was called the “trial of the century” when OJ Simpson was acquitted of murdering his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson and her acquaintance Ron Goldman. It split the country along racial lines but race was only a small part of what was a very complex and not so complimentary expose’ on celebrity lifestyles where people with star power have enough money to act on their fantasies with sometimes tragic outcomes.

OJ Simpson was among a percentage of successful black men who consider themselves post racial and view a Caucasian trophy wife as the ultimate treasure. Though OJ and Nicole had two children they were tangled in an abusive lifestyle with the typical philandering one-upmanship that goes on so much in modern society and particularly in celebrity circles.

Nicole was like a lot of middle aged women who wake up one day and see new wrinkles on their face. As well as being abused she had developed the proverbial seven-year-itch and began having sport sex with other men to recapture her youth. This enraged OJ who saw his trophy in the possession of strangers and though he and Nicole were legally divorced it eventually pushed his obsessive, sociopathic personality over the edge.

The only real victim in this tragedy was Ron Goldman. He was just a handsome young man who was lured by a cougar and ended up being murdered by a jealous ex-husband.

The trial itself was a joke and the butt of the joke was the American legal system. The moneyed defense team was able to move the venue to a place where a jury could be hand-picked to reflect something cognitively comparable to the front row of a professional wrestling match.

The ineptitude of the prosecution was the laughing stock of modern law as they tried to shovel the complexities of DNA onto a jury that could barely understand the rudiments of ABC. By the end of the first week the jury was so thoroughly confused that they sat through the rest of the proceedings, nearly a year, functionally unconscious and then deliberated for less than four hours.

Johnny Cochran stole the show as he made fools of the buffoons who prosecuted the case and gave OJ the glove that if it didn’t fight you must acquit. OJ looked positively giddy as he was granted parole on his armed robbery charges. He’s not the first celebrity to get away with murder by buying his way out. The first trial had nothing to do with racism and the second was a poor attempt to rescue the image of American law.

Just a few observations on your story.

As to his ex-wife, age 35 is not considered middle aged. By definition, age 45 is! She was not exactly a "cougar" either. Most of the men she allegedly had relationships with were her age.

No relationship between Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson was ever established. If I recall correctly, he was returning a pair of sunglasses she left at the restaurant. They knew each other. I think he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Other than that, I think you nailed it!

I thought it was $19,000 a month for his pension. And of course it is exempt from any lawsuits, as are his homes.

I also started reading ( and stopped) an article telling how he had made $600,000 while in prison.

He was in prison 9 years. That is not a lot. I made almost that much money and I am poor relative to most ex-NFL players and movie actors.

My honest opinion is that OJ Simpson murdered his wife and Ron Goldman in a zealous rage and got away with it. Either your justice system has to err on the side of the accused or on the side of the state, better that a guilty person goes free than an innocent person gets convicted. Yes, I know that plenty of innocent people have been convicted and even executed, it ain't a perfect system by any means cuz human beings are involved. But it might be the best system there is.

He was in prison 9 years. That is not a lot. I made almost that much money and I am poor relative to most ex-NFL players and movie actors.

That really wasn't my point. But, I get what you are saying. (my point was why should he be allowed to earn a dime.........unless it all wet to the Goldman/Brown family)

My honest opinion is that OJ Simpson murdered his wife and Ron Goldman in a zealous rage and got away with it. Either your justice system has to err on the side of the accused or on the side of the state, better that a guilty person goes free than an innocent person gets convicted. Yes, I know that plenty of innocent people have been convicted and even executed, it ain't a perfect system by any means cuz human beings are involved. But it might be the best system there is.

zealous or jealous? :D

That really wasn't my point. But, I get what you are saying. (my point was why should he be allowed to earn a dime.........unless it all wet to the Goldman/Brown family)

Well, that is your opinion, but he was found "not guilty" in a court of law. Personally, I don't think you should be allowed to file a civil suit if you were acquitted. To me, that is financial punishment for a crime he did not commit according to the verdict.

Leaving someone destitute should also not be legal as he will just become dependent on the state for support.

You do realize that his kids would inherit anything left over. Money does nothing to bring back the dead.

Mostly jealous, maybe a little zealous thrown in there. My bad.

Mostly jealous, maybe a little zealous thrown in there. My bad.

That was a typo that either could or could not have been!

Well, that is your opinion, but he was found "not guilty" in a court of law. Personally, I don't think you should be allowed to file a civil suit if you were acquitted. To me, that is financial punishment for a crime he did not commit according to the verdict.

Leaving someone destitute should also not be legal as he will just become dependent on the state for support.

You do realize that his kids would inherit anything left over. Money does nothing to bring back the dead.

Nor should it reward the one that did the killing, and yes this is IMO.

So, let me get this straight. You determined that he did the killing, but a jury of his peers acquitted him.

to this day I cannot believe how absolutely gullible and stupid they were when OJ purposely spread his hand WIDE/FLAT to "try" to put on that glove. I mean it was obvious to any person with a brain you can actually make your own glove NOT fit just by doing that. His hand was not in a normal relaxed position. lmao.

So, let me get this straight. You determined that he did the killing, but a jury of his peers acquitted him.

:rolleyes:

ETA: YES. And I am the only one in the whole wide world that thinks this.:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
The glove incident revealed a flaw in the prosecution. No reasonable prosecuting team would give the defendant control of the evidence. Johnny Cochran ran with it and the rest is history. He used it as a symbolic representation of a racist railroading. The jury was overwhelmed with the DNA evidence but they could easily comprehend an innocent black man being framed. Even though there was a mountain of circumstantial evidence against OJ they were mesmerized by Cochran and his argument that everyone in the case was on a racist mission to convict OJ. The defense played the race card so a killer could walk but race was nearly non-existent as a factor. It was the age-old green-eyed monster of jealousy and obsession. Don't blame OJ and don't blame Cochran. Blame an incompetent prosecution that was trying to make a name for itself.

OJ should be sent back to Africa to be with the other gorillas.

:rolleyes:

ETA: YES. And I am the only one in the whole wide world that thinks this.:eusa_hand:

Everybody has the right to be wrong! :D

Not to say that he didn't actually kill them!

Forum List

Back