This Weekend in College Football

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
I don't think anyone can take issue with the claim that this will be the best opening week in college football EVER. I am pumped. Which contest will be your favorite? I am biased living near Tallahassee so I am jonesing for the FSU/MISS on Monday night. Anyone who has not seen Dalvin Cook run is missing a work of art. Alabama should do,it. Auburn will get spanked by Clemson. They are talking big about Notre Dame so,I will have to watch some of that game. Needless to say there will be some binge watching going on. What ya think?

I root for Stanford and Cal. Stanford vs. Kansas State in 15 minutes.

Christian McCaffrey was runner-up for the Heisman last year. Not sure if the 2016 team around him is any good.

Kansas State is usually pretty strong.

I agree that this is the best opening weekend ever. The number of big time matchups is amazing.

I think Bama will take USC. I'm curious about the Oklahoma v. Houston game. That could be huge.

I like Bama this weekend, but that's every weekend. North Carolina takes on Georgia, Oklahoma battles Houston, those should be good games. Nice to see some early big games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Bama this weekend, but that's every weekend. North Carolina takes on Georgia, Oklahoma battles Houston, those should be good games. Nice to see some early big games.

I've always liked scheduling a tough opponent for the opening game.

If you schedule a cupcake, they can go wild, use plays they normally wouldn't dare, and if they play close it hurts you. If they win it REALLY hurts you.

Play a big name and it gives you credibility. If you lose you still have a chance. Unlike losing at the end of the season.

True, early season losses don't hurt as much as late season losses, but with the playoff committee, who knows what goes through their minds.

I don't think anyone can take issue with the claim that this will be the best opening week in college football EVER. I am pumped. Which contest will be your favorite? I am biased living near Tallahassee so I am jonesing for the FSU/MISS on Monday night. Anyone who has not seen Dalvin Cook run is missing a work of art. Alabama should do,it. Auburn will get spanked by Clemson. They are talking big about Notre Dame so,I will have to watch some of that game. Needless to say there will be some binge watching going on. What ya think?
This week's games suck. Usually msu and uofm play crappy schools so it's not interesting.

Lsu lost right? Any other upsets?

This week's games suck. Usually msu and uofm play crappy schools so it's not interesting.

Texas beat Notre Lame.
Texas A&M beat UCLA
auburn played Clemson closer than most thought they would.
TN had all it wanted from App. State
Univ of South Alabama beat MS State

Texas beat Notre Lame.
Texas A&M beat UCLA
auburn played Clemson closer than most thought they would.
TN had all it wanted from App. State
Univ of South Alabama beat MS State
Uofm and msu always play scrub teams their first game but last year uofm lost to a scrub team. It was harbaughs first game and I thought they were going to have a horrible year but they turned out to have a really good season. I love having two good teams to root for.

Libtards cannot even play football without being assholes. Not only should he be ejected from the game but from football.

Yeehaw!,. FSU first half, the worst half they may have ever played. Second half, maybe best they have ever played. If they can turn it on like that every game, national championship coming up. Best performance all weekend.

And coaches and players won't say it, but I will. That arrogant braggart Chad whatever of ole miss got his ass ha did to him by a rookie in his first game. Sorry Chad, what was that you said. I am the best there is in the country. Yeah man, when your head gets to big for your britches the fall isn't far away. Next time worry about your team instead of yourself.

I don't know what jimbo said to the team at halftime, or what they smoked ate or drank but I damn sure want some of it. Fear the spear!

Yeehaw!,. FSU first half, the worst half they may have ever played. Second half, maybe best they have ever played. If they can turn it on like that every game, national championship coming up. Best performance all weekend.

And coaches and players won't say it, but I will. That arrogant braggart Chad whatever of ole miss got his ass ha did to him by a rookie in his first game. Sorry Chad, what was that you said. I am the best there is in the country. Yeah man, when your head gets to big for your britches the fall isn't far away. Next time worry about your team instead of yourself.

I don't know what jimbo said to the team at halftime, or what they smoked ate or drank but I damn sure want some of it. Fear the spear!

You'll have to get by the Crimson Tide in the playoffs or final game. That will be a lot tougher than Ole Miss.

I don't know who's good but they got what looks to be a respectable schedule.

They will most likely lose two and not make the playoffs. Msu and uofm be in it though. Wisconsin too. Not FSU or LSU.

Ole miss has beaten Alabama twice in the last two years. Alabama doesn't need anyone to promote them, they have the hardware to prove it. One game does not make a season but a rookie quarterback is only going to get better. FSU has better,athletes and jimbo is the best in the country at halftime adjustments. I liked your cigar profile picture better. Tell me what kind of cigar I will have to send you if I lose the wager

Ole miss has beaten Alabama twice in the last two years. Alabama doesn't need anyone to promote them, they have the hardware to prove it. One game does not make a season but a rookie quarterback is only going to get better. FSU has better,athletes and jimbo is the best in the country at halftime adjustments. I liked your cigar profile picture better. Tell me what kind of cigar I will have to send you if I lose the wager

Yes, Ole Miss beat us two years in a row. The last ones to do that was Les Miles & LSU. They haven't beaten us in the last 5 meetings (4 regular season games and a humiliating BCS Championship game). And there are only two teams to do it since Saban got to Tuscaloosa.

Alabama has a rookie QB to. And yes, he will only get better. Not sure who you are talking about v.s FSU as far as better athletes. Alabama has a roster full of 4 & 5 star recruits. And Nick Saban is the best coach in college football.

It's not what Fisher said. There was another coach in the locker room.

Forum List

Back