Zone1 This story is the best argument against fornication you will ever find (though not made for children)

Another story to dissuade you from committing fornication:

misclaims about Mormonism

He wasn't referencing the religion. He was referencing the culture. The sociological force urging people to marry is not as strong in Catholic culture because you can always opt to be a nun, a priest, or an wild unruly saint in need of forgiveness. Those options aren't accepted in Mormon society. You must be good at all times no matter what. So fornicating and then asking for forgiveness is frowned upon. You are high on crack cocaine if you think young Mormons aren't under a higher level of pressure to marry than young Catholics. You just have an air tight argument because proving the existence of sociological pressure is nearly impossible. I can't take a picture of the sociological pressure of a young Catholic and then take a picture of the sociological pressure of a young Mormon. It just can't be done. He wasn't attacking the religion. He was attacking the attitudes of Mormon culture. At least that is how I seen it.

You just have an air tight argument because proving the existence of sociological pressure is nearly impossible. I can't take a picture of the sociological pressure of a young Catholic and then take a picture of the sociological pressure of a young Mormon.
I think it can and is being done by anyone who is paying attention to this issue: how there is pressure in the mormon religion to marry (fairly young) whereas there is no pressure in the Catholic faith and in fact (the old) Catholic religion (which is the true one of course) always taught it was better or usually better (unless God wants you married) to remain a virgin.

NOTE God is not always easy to figure out so I don't know if i trust any human who says God wants him/her to get married (which may be the most difficult vocation of all?)

In any case, it is like night and day, the difference in the 2 religions on the topic of marriage

He wasn't referencing the religion. He was referencing the culture. The sociological force urging people to marry is not as strong in Catholic culture because you can always opt to be a nun, a priest, or an wild unruly saint in need of forgiveness. Those options aren't accepted in Mormon society.

Perhaps you should leave it to people who actually know anything about Mormon culture to try to tell the rest of us about Mormon culture.

It is very clear that you don't know shit about us.

Clearly. Straighten us out or don't.

I wouldn't know how to begin.

You spew several outright lies about my faith and my culture, that have little or no basis at all in reality. How am I supposed to address that, beyond merely pointing out that that is what you are doing?

I don't even know whether to suppose that you are doing so intentionally, out of malice toward those of my faith, or whether you are just so unimaginably ignorant that you heard these lies from some other source, and believed them.

I wouldn't know how to begin.

You spew several outright lies about my faith and my culture, that have little or no basis at all in reality. How am I supposed to address that, beyond merely pointing out that that is what you are doing?

I don't even know whether to suppose that you are doing so intentionally, out of malice toward those of my faith, or whether you are just so unimaginably ignorant that you heard these lies from some other source, and believed them.

Lies? I am sorry. Your post was outrageously vague. I will keep believing the lies I posted until you point out the lies and then give me the true information. You can't just say, "you lie you lie". I'm not a mind reader and I honestly didn't post inaccurate information intentionally. So when I ask you to correct me then I mean correct me. Your long nonsensical post didn't say anything. It was the equivalent of, "you are a poopy head because your head poops". Being called a poopy head doesn't set shit straight. That's just childish nonsense.

Lies? I am sorry. Your post was outrageously vague. I will keep believing the lies I posted until you point out the lies and then give me the true information. You can't just say, "you lie you lie". I'm not a mind reader and I honestly didn't post inaccurate information intentionally. So when I ask you to correct me then I mean correct me. Your long nonsensical post didn't say anything. It was the equivalent of, "you are a poopy head because your head poops". Being called a poopy head doesn't set shit straight. That's just childish nonsense.

I do not know what I can say, that will be useful.

I am a Mormon, all my life, as were my parents, grandparents and great grandparents and some of my great-great grandparents. I am, by direct first-hand experience, and by heritage, very much a part of this faith and of the culture that goes with it.

You're spewing outrageous lies, that are not in any way consistent with my experiences as a Mormon. I think I am in a much better position to recognized these lies for what they are than you could possibly have any chance of being. The lies are so far removed from reality, that there really isn't any thing specific I can say to refute them, other than that they simply do not match the reality of my experiences, and the experiences of nearly all others of my faith.

If you choose to believe outrageous lies, then that's on you. If you choose to repeat them and represent them as having any basis in truth, then that is on you as well. You might have merely been ignorant, before, but now, you have no such excuse.

You're spewing outrageous lies,

Which two or more sentence did I write that were lies?

Which sentences did I write that were true?

You don't have to answer if you don't know of any. If I did speak something that was not true you should tell everybody what the lies were. Somebody else may have believed what I wrote. Why do you refuse to correct it and set the record straight? I am not understanding at all. A farmer is qualified to say that a car is brown without being a mechanic. However, a mechanic could say, "actually that car is white" then the record will be straight. If the mechanics just says, "Liar. You are not a mechanic." then that means the record stands that the car is brown.

This is what I said. Point out the lies and point out the statements that are true. If not, then I guess all 12 statements stand as true.

1. He wasn't referencing the religion.
I think he was referencing the culture not the religion.

2. He was referencing the culture.
I really think he was.

3. The sociological force urging people to marry is not as strong in Catholic culture because you can always opt to be a nun, a priest, or an wild unruly saint in need of forgiveness.
This is honesty what I observe. We could check the average age of marriage of catholics and compare it to Mormons to see if this is true.

4. Those options aren't accepted in Mormon society.
What is the equivalent of a nun, or monk in the Mormon church?

5. You must be good at all times no matter what.
Good behavior is a huge part of rhe Mormon culture. What am I missing?

6. So fornicating and then asking for forgiveness is frowned upon.
Honestly, you can't refute this.

7. You are high on crack cocaine if you think young Mormons aren't under a higher level of pressure to marry than young Catholics.
I didn't mean this literally you know.

8. You just have an air tight argument because proving the existence of sociological pressure is nearly impossible.
This is true. I don't know how to prove the existence if a sociological pressure.

9. I can't take a picture of the sociological pressure of a young Catholic and then take a picture of the sociological pressure of a young Mormon.
This is 100% true.

10. It just can't be done. He wasn't attacking the religion.
I don't think he was attack the merits of the religion. I think he was discussing the culture.

11. He was attacking the attitudes of Mormon culture.
I have already covered this.

12. At least that is how I seen it.
It is the way I seen his post.

I'm not going to play this stupid game with you.

You've made stupid claims about Mormon culture, that are just plain false. They're so false, so removed from any reality, that there is really nothing that I can say to refute them in any detail, and even if I could, you're so determined to continue believing them that nothing would convince you otherwise anyway.

The story of the murder Jodi Arias committed is quite instructive.

For one, the Mormon religion wasn't strong enough to deter her from murdering her sex partner (won't call him a boyfriend bc both were merely addicted to sex w/ ea other).

I don't have time to re-tell even half the stuff I've read/learned but again, they were addicted to their sexual relationship but didn't want to marry ea other, or at least Travis didn't want to marry her. She likely murdered him because of that, because he wanted to move on to a more wholesome relationship with someone else. Jodi A was a stalker, very vindictive and jealous, slashed all his tires not just once but twice--not long before she slashed him some 25+ times.

And as an aside, the Mormon religion may be at least partially culpable, albeit accidentally, because they generally try to get people to get married before the age of about 25 or so. Travis was feeling pressed to find a wife. He was 30. That's "old" in the mormon religion (to marry).

The Catholic religion values chastity -- and being very serious about whom you marry IF you marry . . And of course The CC has celibate priests and nuns... no pressure to marry there.
This is a Glass House thing. Your organization has its own sexual issues to deal with.

The problem is human nature. Humans sin. But you have better chance if you understand the will of God and live in a continual spirit of repentance

Forum List

Back