This Photo Captures The Tender Moment A 102-Year-Old Woman Fell In Love With A Shelter Cat

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
m-WOMAN-WITH-CAT-980x645.jpg

Iona's cat had recently died, so last week, she and her son took a trip to the Montgomery County Animal Shelter in Conroe, Texas.

"I'd had him for 10 years," says Iona, who asked The Huffington Post not to use her full name, citing safety concerns. "I needed a companion."

Edward won her over right away.

"The way he cuddled upon my shoulder reminded me of the cat I'd just lost," she says.

Iona's had cats her whole life. In fact, she says one of her favorite pictures is of herself as a teenager with a cat on the family farm. She'd been milking cows, but a bucket tipped over, and the photo captured a lucky kitten reaping the delicious spillage.

Now it's Edward's turn to be spoiled rotten in what might be his first indoor home.

"Oh my, he's very happy," Iona says.

For her part, Bates says she had "no hesitancy" about Iona adopting Edward. To start, Iona's son promised that should anything happen to his mother, Edward would remain in the family. But also, Bates believes that Edward is good for Iona, and she for him.

This Photo Captures The Tender Moment A 102-Year-Old Woman Fell In Love With A Shelter Cat

Aww so sweet!

Forum List

Back