This lease renewal that was put inside my door makes no sense at all

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Toward the end of the lease renewal it says, "If you do not respond by 1/21/18 your lease will automatically renew on 5/1/18. Seems to me that if someone didn't return the lease to the rental office they would jeopardize their housing and would need to move out. So the fact that it automatically renews if they don't hear from me why even waste time going to the rental office if I plan to stay?

Maybe it was a typo. maybe it was supposed to be 2/1/18 instead of 5/1/18. that would seem to make more sense

Maybe it was a typo. maybe it was supposed to be 2/1/18 instead of 5/1/18. that would seem to make more sense

The new lease starts on 5/1/18. The renewal is saying they need a answer by 1/21/18

So if someone never responds who wants to stay then what the fuck is the point of giving them the renewal?

Normally they need a answer so they will know if they need to put the apartment on the market

It's a Latino. We type Day/Month/Year(the correct way). Jan 5 is the day.
It's probably a spanglish thing due to the Inbred avitar and my guess of location being The L00N Star state( like Hell,but with hurricanes)

Some states require minimum 90-days notice on lease renewals. With the holidays the notices which would be required to be in your hands around the end of January may just be being put out there early. Remember, it's MINIMUM 90 days (not in all states but possibly in yours) so earlier notice is not a bad thing.

Toward the end of the lease renewal it says, "If you do not respond by 1/21/18 your lease will automatically renew on 5/1/18. Seems to me that if someone didn't return the lease to the rental office they would jeopardize their housing and would need to move out. So the fact that it automatically renews if they don't hear from me why even waste time going to the rental office if I plan to stay?

Do they know your ghey yet?

The new lease starts on 5/1/18. The renewal is saying they need a answer by 1/21/18

So if someone never responds who wants to stay then what the fuck is the point of giving them the renewal?

Normally they need a answer so they will know if they need to put the apartment on the market

Lots of really very stupid people in Phithadelphia

You are super fag

Lots of really very stupid people in Phithadelphia

What is stupid about what I am saying? They giving me a FAKE DEADLINE

You are super fag

At least I can read a lease cuppy cakes

Some states require minimum 90-days notice on lease renewals. With the holidays the notices which would be required to be in your hands around the end of January may just be being put out there early. Remember, it's MINIMUM 90 days (not in all states but possibly in yours) so earlier notice is not a bad thing.

But the deadline is fake because I will still be able to live here if I don't respond

Got to look at it from their side of things, with a whole lot of experiences dealing with the many morons scattered about the general populace.

Sounds like your current lease runs 5/1/17 - 4/30/18. The landlord knows this, thus the notice you received. Landlord also knows X percent of his tenants have forgotten the term dates of their leases, so one purpose of the notice is to remind them. The other, more important, reason for the notice is to help Mr. Landlord avoid having a property not generating any,or less than normal, income for any month or so. By not responding the tenant has agreed to renew for another year.

Landlord considers the renewal as his insurance policy against loss of rental income. He knows come the end of April some of his moron tenants will just move out knowing their leases are up. Some might advise Mr. Landlord and some not, but either way they pack up and move, leaving one property unrented for part or all of May, or longer. And that's when Landlord's fangs get bared and he comes after you for the rent you agreed to pay by not responding to the notice he sent you.

Technically, legally, to the Landlord anyway, you're on the hook for 12 more months of rent. Tenant could hire a lawyer and fight it and maybe even win in the end, but Landlord also knows from experience not many of his tenants can afford to fight him and end up paying him for any lost rental income and whatever monetary penalty surely outlined in the lease in case of its early termination.

So nothing stupid about the notice. Landlord could care less if you respond by 1/21/18. He wins no matter what.

Got to look at it from their side of things, with a whole lot of experiences dealing with the many morons scattered about the general populace.

Sounds like your current lease runs 5/1/17 - 4/30/18. The landlord knows this, thus the notice you received. Landlord also knows X percent of his tenants have forgotten the term dates of their leases, so one purpose of the notice is to remind them. The other, more important, reason for the notice is to help Mr. Landlord avoid having a property not generating any,or less than normal, income for any month or so. By not responding the tenant has agreed to renew for another year.

Landlord considers the renewal as his insurance policy against loss of rental income. He knows come the end of April some of his moron tenants will just move out knowing their leases are up. Some might advise Mr. Landlord and some not, but either way they pack up and move, leaving one property unrented for part or all of May, or longer. And that's when Landlord's fangs get bared and he comes after you for the rent you agreed to pay by not responding to the notice he sent you.

Technically, legally, to the Landlord anyway, you're on the hook for 12 more months of rent. Tenant could hire a lawyer and fight it and maybe even win in the end, but Landlord also knows from experience not many of his tenants can afford to fight him and end up paying him for any lost rental income and whatever monetary penalty surely outlined in the lease in case of its early termination.

So nothing stupid about the notice. Landlord could care less if you respond by 1/21/18. He wins no matter what.

Just seemed to me that they would put the apt back on the market if u didnt reply by 1/21/18. Especially since u received 60 days notice to let the rental office know if u are staying. So if u never responded and your apt was put on the market i thought u receive a notice to leave the property by a certain date

Can't see an automatic lease renewal

So if they raise the rent, you don't respond and keep the old rate

Can't see an automatic lease renewal

So if they raise the rent, you don't respond and keep the old rate

The rent did go up. They need to know by 1/21/18 if i accept the new rent amount

Forum List

Back