This is why we need to tax the wealthy

I don’t understand how you can be this dense. A lot of the DD population doesn’t even know what the government is, let alone that they can mooch off of it. lol private institutions huh? That’s adorable. No explanation of what that would even be of course lol
Simple. You want 100% of the US population to depend on Big Daddy Gobblement for every fucking thing. And the Great President Ronald Wilson Reagan said Government IS the problem. I do not want the government to be all things to everyone, just what the Constitution STRICTLY spells out.

Simple. You want 100% of the US population to depend on Big Daddy Gobblement for every fucking thing. And the Great President Ronald Wilson Reagan said Government IS the problem. I do not want the government to be all things to everyone, just what the Constitution STRICTLY spells out.
Right but you aren’t explaining what you even mean by private institutions.

TRILLIONS in untaxed wealth. Good luck explaining this to republicans I guess. You have to explain the difference between the official tax rate and the EFFECTIVE tax rate of top earners.

Good God, can you really be this stupid? Do you have a clue what an unrealized gain is. It can't be spent, it's just an entry on a ledger that can change form day to day, depending on the markets. Let's say your house increases by 100,000 and you're taxed on that. Then the real estate market tanks and it loses 125,000 in value, can you get a refund of previous taxes paid, plus the tax rate on your loss? Or would it be better to wait until the gain is realized and tax it then? Come on child, think!

TRILLIONS in untaxed wealth. Good luck explaining this to republicans I guess. You have to explain the difference between the official tax rate and the EFFECTIVE tax rate of top earners.
I vote this dumbest thread of all time, anywhere on the internet.

Congrats!

What we need are taxes on the wealthy that they are not so easily avoided.
The wealthy know better than to earn taxable income
hhaha like what is earned that's easily avoidable income? Please give us examples.

Good God, can you really be this stupid? Do you have a clue what an unrealized gain is. It can't be spent, it's just an entry on a ledger that can change form day to day, depending on the markets. Let's say your house increases by 100,000 and you're taxed on that. Then the real estate market tanks and it loses 125,000 in value, can you get a refund of previous taxes paid, plus the tax rate on your loss? Or would it be better to wait until the gain is realized and tax it then? Come on child, think!

These morons are so blinded by class envy they think by taxing the evuuulllll rich 100%, that it'll bring in unicorns and rainbows.

Instead of a failed coup attempt, a successful one is needed for working class Americans!

Hopefully the status quo of huge and growing income inequality will continue for the foreseeable future. The chances are great now that the working class are totally confused about which political party is the right one to support.
It's pretty obvious....with a record number of Americans worse off since Xiden was elected, his party is not the one to support.

They don't care, they don't care to even think...

MAGA gave us $7.8 trillion in new debt. No, I'm not interested in your excuses and deflections.
1.7 trillion-dollar deficit this year. Cut it all and who gets the blame? Whoever initiates it and the knives will be out for the kill. There is no way the rich can give up that much money. And the rich including the corporations would have to raise prices on any goods and services. Progs on this board say the economy is humming along splendidly. Everyone is doing great. Not true.

1.7 trillion-dollar deficit this year. Cut it all and who gets the blame? Whoever initiates it and the knives will be out for the kill. There is no way the rich can give up that much money. And the rich including the corporations would have to raise prices on any goods and services. Progs on this board say the economy is humming along splendidly. Everyone is doing great. Not true.

So it seems you have thrown in the towel.

In America, an unrealized gain refers to an increase in the value of an asset that has not been sold or realized. This means that the gain exists on paper, but has not been converted into cash or other tangible benefits. Unrealized gains are common in investment and financial markets, where the value of stocks, bonds, and other assets can fluctuate over time. These gains are only realized when the asset is sold at a higher price than its original purchase price.

Here are pros and cons of taxing unrealized gains...

Pros:
1. Increased tax revenue: Taxing unrealized gains would provide the government with a new source of tax revenue, which could be used to fund public services and programs.

2. Reduced wealth inequality: Taxing unrealized gains would help to reduce wealth inequality by ensuring that those with significant unrealized gains on their investments contribute more to the tax system.

3. Fairness: Taxing unrealized gains would ensure that all forms of income are subject to taxation, rather than just realized gains.

Cons:
1. Complexity: Taxing unrealized gains would add significant complexity to the tax system, as it would require the valuation of assets and the tracking of changes in their value over time.

2. Liquidity issues: Taxing unrealized gains could create liquidity issues for individuals who have significant unrealized gains on illiquid assets, such as real estate or closely held businesses.

3. Potential for double taxation: Taxing unrealized gains could result in double taxation, as individuals would be taxed on the increase in the value of their investments even if they have not sold them and realized the gains.

==>Undoubtedly, the wealthy have been ruling America and the rest of the world. So it's likely this kinda tax will remain practically impossible! lol. :)

So it seems you have thrown in the towel.
I am just getting older. And when the difficult times arrive as they must, I can see the elderly and the sickly suffering as part of an austerity package from the federal level. People keep getting elected for promises. Freeze the budget for a couple of years and you make some inroads. Find the fat and cut it. And there is a lot of it in all of the peoples no matter their heritage, gender, culture or anything else.

If we need to tax anybody it needs to be the goddamn Illegals.

If we are going to tax the rich it needs to be the stupid demented Limousine Liberals that support Democrats.

I am just getting older. And when the difficult times arrive as they must, I can see the elderly and the sickly suffering as part of an austerity package from the federal level. People keep getting elected for promises. Freeze the budget for a couple of years and you make some inroads. Find the fat and cut it. And there is a lot of it in all of the peoples no matter their heritage, gender, culture or anything else.

I don't disagree that there is a lot of fat (and corruption) but 34 trillion isn't going to be addressed with cuts only.

It's pretty obvious....with a record number of Americans worse off since Xiden was elected, his party is not the one to support.
You're right, but talking a good line of bullshit is usually all Americans need. Time after time the working class have been pranked by both parties.

You're better off with Trump if you care about not having a war against Russia, which neither side can win.

In America, an unrealized gain refers to an increase in the value of an asset that has not been sold or realized. This means that the gain exists on paper, but has not been converted into cash or other tangible benefits. Unrealized gains are common in investment and financial markets, where the value of stocks, bonds, and other assets can fluctuate over time. These gains are only realized when the asset is sold at a higher price than its original purchase price.

Here are pros and cons of taxing unrealized gains...

Pros:
1. Increased tax revenue: Taxing unrealized gains would provide the government with a new source of tax revenue, which could be used to fund public services and programs.

2. Reduced wealth inequality: Taxing unrealized gains would help to reduce wealth inequality by ensuring that those with significant unrealized gains on their investments contribute more to the tax system.

3. Fairness: Taxing unrealized gains would ensure that all forms of income are subject to taxation, rather than just realized gains.

Cons:
1. Complexity: Taxing unrealized gains would add significant complexity to the tax system, as it would require the valuation of assets and the tracking of changes in their value over time.

2. Liquidity issues: Taxing unrealized gains could create liquidity issues for individuals who have significant unrealized gains on illiquid assets, such as real estate or closely held businesses.

3. Potential for double taxation: Taxing unrealized gains could result in double taxation, as individuals would be taxed on the increase in the value of their investments even if they have not sold them and realized the gains.

==>Undoubtedly, the wealthy have been ruling America and the rest of the world. So it's likely this kinda tax will remain practically impossible! lol. :)

Unrealized gains are not income and it would be unconstitutional to tax them. It's really that simple.

Forum List

Back