This Is Why Colored People Aren't Taken Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has no topic. It belongs in the rubber room.

It was once said that [talking about] baseball was the National Pastime. Maybe true at the time.

The national pastime today is taking umbrage. We have ARMIES of people whose sole stock in trade is figuring out arguments to prove that they are being OPPRESSED. Then they attack the supposed OPPRESSOR, who invariably turns out to be a "white" man.

In a rational world, one looks for evidence of MALICE when identifying an insult.

When your grandmother calls you a "lazy n*gger" you do not call the racism police because your grandma (presumably) loves you and she uses that word to emphasize a point.

NO WHITE PERSON calls a Black person "colored" as an insult. It is not an insult and it never has been an insult. When I was growing up, "Black" was an insult to people of black African origin. Black kids would taunt other kids by saying that the object of derision was "blacker" than the assailant. Or worse, that their MOTHER was blacker than [choose your simile]. Fighting words.

I, for one, REFUSE to accept the proposition that if anyone decides to be offended by something I say, then I have to acknowledge a sin of verbal assault or harassment. Bullshit. If I want to offend you, I promise there will be no question about it, no ambiguity. If President Biden wants to identify someone who pitched in the NEGRO major leagues as a NEGRO, and you want to take offense, well, Fuck You. Get a grip.

And for the latest absurdity of this sort, if a judge makes a humorous reference to delayed Asian food and the transportation constipation at our ports, you would have to be a fucking psychotic to take that as an anti-Asian insult. Again, fuck you very much.

Malice. Think about it.

Umm yeah,..not too many people in this thread agree with you on that one. You're basically outnumbered on this one. No offense or anything, but unless you make it a rule we can't used "colored" for black people you can't really do anything to change it and you're really overreacting and derailing my topic now.
What difference does it make if I’m outnumbered on USMB? Outnumbered by what? A bunch of white people right? White people who think it is up to them to decide what terms are offensive or not, to another group of people. Is cracker offensive? If so why? Who decided it?

And it is related to your topic because you made a point to say you aren’t racist (and I don’t think you are) while using objectionable terms and applying a unique standard to them as a group.

It was once said that [talking about] baseball was the National Pastime. Maybe true at the time.

The national pastime today is taking umbrage. We have ARMIES of people whose sole stock in trade is figuring out arguments to prove that they are being OPPRESSED. Then they attack the supposed OPPRESSOR, who invariably turns out to be a "white" man.

In a rational world, one looks for evidence of MALICE when identifying an insult.

When your grandmother calls you a "lazy n*gger" you do not call the racism police because your grandma (presumably) loves you and she uses that word to emphasize a point.

NO WHITE PERSON calls a Black person "colored" as an insult. It is not an insult and it never has been an insult. When I was growing up, "Black" was an insult to people of black African origin. Black kids would taunt other kids by saying that the object of derision was "blacker" than the assailant. Or worse, that their MOTHER was blacker than [choose your simile]. Fighting words.

I, for one, REFUSE to accept the proposition that if anyone decides to be offended by something I say, then I have to acknowledge a sin of verbal assault or harassment. Bullshit. If I want to offend you, I promise there will be no question about it, no ambiguity. If President Biden wants to identify someone who pitched in the NEGRO major leagues as a NEGRO, and you want to take offense, well, Fuck You. Get a grip.

And for the latest absurdity of this sort, if a judge makes a humorous reference to delayed Asian food and the transportation constipation at our ports, you would have to be a fucking psychotic to take that as an anti-Asian insult. Again, fuck you very much.

Malice. Think about it.
Malice. When you learn a term is offensive, but choose to use it anyway…..?

Think about it.

What difference does it make if I’m outnumbered on USMB? Outnumbered by what? A bunch of white people right? White people who think it is up to them to decide what terms are offensive or not, to another group of people. Is cracker offensive? If so why? Who decided it?

And it is related to your topic because you made a point to say you aren’t racist (and I don’t think you are) while using objectionable terms and applying a unique standard to them as a group.

It sounds like you are saying "white" like it is a reason for their voice to have LESS weight.

But…ok….back to tbe OP….

“Too many of them think because they're black they shouldn't be accountable for anything. At least, that's the way it seems.”

What is “too many”? Do too many white criminals feel they shouldn’t be held accountable? I’m betting on “yes” here.

Malice. Think about it.

None of this is true.

It sounds like you are saying "white" like it is a reason for their voice to have LESS weight.
Their voice does have less weight when it comes to what constitutes a slur aimed against another group. Just like it isn’t up to others to determine if “cracker” is a slur against whites.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

DW is indeed racist. But what gets old is a group of people who have denied responsibility for everything talking about being tired of something.

But…ok….back to tbe OP….

“Too many of them think because they're black they shouldn't be accountable for anything. At least, that's the way it seems.”

What is “too many”? Do too many white criminals feel they shouldn’t be held accountable? I’m betting on “yes” here.

Funny. To be equal, the bit would be, "do too many white criminals feel they shouldn't be held accountable BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE".

And, the obvious answer is, "NO". For obvious reasons.

Their voice does have less weight when it comes to what constitutes a slur aimed against another group. Just like it isn’t up to others to determine if “cracker” is a slur against whites.

Sorry that does not track. My ideas have the same weight, regardless of my skin color. I don't have to be personally involved to have my words given the same consideration as anyone else.

So you don't mind being called the c word.

People tend to get offended by offensive things. You talk crazy online because you are protected. Go on up to a black woman and call her colored and see what you get. It's easy to talk your shit online.
IM2 ....You call everyone you disagree with RACIST and mean it in a bad way. Colored is not a bad word----if you wish to be offended by it, that is your choice and you do so as a silly attempt to manipulate them.

Is cracker offensive? If so why? Who decided it?

If somebody wants to call me a cracker then call me a cracker. That's no skin off my back. I just let it go in one ear and out the other because I'm not a crybaby. Oh yeah, and obviously I'm not racist, if I was,.. I would be calling them ******* and not want to associate with them and stuff.

Because of their skin? Like somebody else already mentioned probably not.

So you don't mind being called the c word.

People tend to get offended by offensive things. You talk crazy online because you are protected. Go on up to a black woman and call her colored and see what you get. It's easy to talk your shit online.
:lol: Is this your attempt at playing 'tough' vicariously? Hilarious.

I apologize ahead of time if this topic offends any black people because I'm not saying all blacks are guilty of this,.. but WAY too many of them are and even this guy agrees with me. Too many of them think because they're black they shouldn't be accountable for anything. At least, that's the way it seems.

Talking about trying to get away based on your skin color...

Btw, this Jenna Ryan was one of the idiots that tried to storm the Capitol. And yes, she is going to prison!

Colored is associated with…

View attachment 564577

Just found this interesting article:

Also, this is the language used by the government and the courts to segregate black people from whites. Another one is "people of African descent".

Last edited:
Not a single individual has voted yes in this poll so far btw.

Why didn't you restrict those voting to black people?

And Coyote was on the right track when she posted similar images earlier but this is exactly what I expressed in my response to you, that these terms originally were used by whites to signify our legal second class citizen status based on "not being white".
1637030934606.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back