This is what's wrong with our society

Do you really think a 22 yo looks like a 14 yo?

Some do.

Who? Celebrities in hollywood? Most 14 yos look about 14.

"Looking 22" is a pretty lame excuse and by the time most men are themselves 22y/o, they have learned not to use it.

Her looks are not part of this question. Period.

The rw doesn't care if they deport US citizens. All they care about is deporting brown people.

Don't believe it? Read these posts.

In point of FACT, yes, immigration is responsible for knowing whether or not someone is a US citizen before they deport them.

Knee jerk rw's never THINK.

Who? Celebrities in hollywood? Most 14 yos look about 14.

"Looking 22" is a pretty lame excuse and by the time most men are themselves 22y/o, they have learned not to use it.

Her looks are not part of this question. Period.

The rw doesn't care if they deport US citizens. All they care about is deporting brown people.

Don't believe it? Read these posts.

In point of FACT, yes, immigration is responsible for knowing whether or not someone is a US citizen before they deport them.

Knee jerk rw's never THINK.

So racism is to blame. That's the only possibly reason someone might think that someone who runs away, gets arrested, and lies to the police about her identity might be the person responsible when law enforcement deports her.

Somehow Immigration is supposed to know that someone is lying to them when they tell them they are someone who isn't a citizen.

This is precisely why being responsible for oneself is superior to relying on the government for everything

Not all the details have been revealed, surely. :dunno:

But clearly it must be immigration's fault that they deported a person who said they were a 22 yr old illegal from Columbia with an warrant for her arrest. They should have known she was lying to them. Even though there is absolutely no evidence that she tried to correct them at any point during the process.

It clearly is their fault, they deported a minor. If she said she was Jesus, do they typically take people's words for that or......?
If I may interject quickly. I will have to say that it is somewhat inappropriate to expect ICE, who consistently deal with folks who have no identification whatsoever, will have the desire to pursue information they are not privy to (i.e. the fact that the girl is not who she says she is) even after this runaway doesn't inform them she was lying even though she knows they will deport her. It's easy to blame others for the fault of a minor, but you have to keep in mind the sheer number of people ICE and police in general deal with only a daily basis - not everyone can be investigated with a fine tooth comb - taking blood tests, sending out pictures to the media, etc. It simply wouldn't make since to do that for everyone who ICE picks up.

martinsamerica.com

If I may interject quickly. I will have to say that it is somewhat inappropriate to expect ICE, who consistently deal with folks who have no identification whatsoever, will have the desire to pursue information they are not privy to (i.e. the fact that the girl is not who she says she is) even after this runaway doesn't inform them she was lying even though she knows they will deport her. It's easy to blame others for the fault of a minor, but you have to keep in mind the sheer number of people ICE and police in general deal with only a daily basis - not everyone can be investigated with a fine tooth comb - taking blood tests, sending out pictures to the media, etc. It simply wouldn't make since to do that for everyone who ICE picks up.

martinsamerica.com

But she's just a child. And people are racist.

The emotional arguments blind people to the truth.

I've been reading various links about this and it just gets worse and worse. This poor girl was let down by everyone in the system. Only her grandmother was looking for her.

Saying that INS is not responsible to identify the people they deport is beyond ridiculous. What about other law enforcement? Are they responsible to know who they throw in jail?

Quit making excuses for this debacle.

Judging by the additional information
The name Jakadrien had used belonged to a 22-year-old illegal immigrant from Colombia who had warrants out for her arrest, WFAA reported. Immigration officials took Jakadrien’s fingerprints, but didn't confirm her identity, before shipping the non-Spanish speaker off to South America last April, the station reported.

But an ICE official told the Daily News that Jakadrien maintained the false identity throughout the deportation procedure. The official said Jakadrien fabricated the identity and that there wasn’t another young woman with the fabricated name who was wanted on outstanding warrants.

A search for Jakadrien involving Dallas police and federal officials eventually led to a Colombian address, and U.S. Embassy officials asked local police to pick her up, the station reported. Jakadrien reportedly remains in custody in Colombia, and it’s not clear how her case will be handled.

Read more: Texas runaway found pregnant in Colombia after she was mistakenly deported: report - NY Daily News

It turns out that after Jakadrien was deported, she was given a work card in Colombia and released onto the streets.

Doesn't look like the warrants were from Columbia, if they existed, which seems questionable now, and this chain of events looks suspiciously like a human trafficking case. Only question is if ICE are in on it.

And, to the point is the question, why didn't ICE consider human trafficking? Why didn't they investigate her identification BEFORE they deported her?

Umm, if immigration deported my daughter I'd pretty much be first and foremost blaming the ADULTS who oversaw such a glorious fuck up of a decision to deport and put the girl in that kind of danger. We can deal with the runaway later at home. wtf is wrong with you

Also, from what I've heard, the immigration dept told the grandmother that SHE is responsible for the airfare to fly her granddaughter back to the US. But according to Avi, it's all the girl's fault. :cuckoo:

This is what is wrong with our society....

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

An entire system fails a troubled kid and it is all her fault. typical.

yea, ya know.....Cops typically let people go without verifying who they are........that's why when someone has a warrant for their arrest and they lie and say they're Jay Leno - - - it's procedure to just believe them and let them go :cuckoo:

well, according to avatar, they dont verify anyways.

They did verify the name she gave them. It turned out to belong to an illegal immigrant from Columbia with a warrant for her arrest in Columbia.

But. Apparently it's their fault she lied to them.

So what? You think that illegal immigrant is the only person on earth with that name? I have a typical name. If there is a wanted criminal who shares my name, and I get stopped and give that name, should the cops send me away without verifying that I'm actually the person they're looking for? You have a seriously warped sense of view.

Judging by the additional information
The name Jakadrien had used belonged to a 22-year-old illegal immigrant from Colombia who had warrants out for her arrest, WFAA reported. Immigration officials took Jakadrien’s fingerprints, but didn't confirm her identity, before shipping the non-Spanish speaker off to South America last April, the station reported.

But an ICE official told the Daily News that Jakadrien maintained the false identity throughout the deportation procedure. The official said Jakadrien fabricated the identity and that there wasn’t another young woman with the fabricated name who was wanted on outstanding warrants.

A search for Jakadrien involving Dallas police and federal officials eventually led to a Colombian address, and U.S. Embassy officials asked local police to pick her up, the station reported. Jakadrien reportedly remains in custody in Colombia, and it’s not clear how her case will be handled.

Read more: Texas runaway found pregnant in Colombia after she was mistakenly deported: report - NY Daily News

It turns out that after Jakadrien was deported, she was given a work card in Colombia and released onto the streets.

Doesn't look like the warrants were from Columbia, if they existed, which seems questionable now, and this chain of events looks suspiciously like a human trafficking case. Only question is if ICE are in on it.

That's interesting. I hadn't thought of that.

Umm, if immigration deported my daughter I'd pretty much be first and foremost blaming the ADULTS who oversaw such a glorious fuck up of a decision to deport and put the girl in that kind of danger. We can deal with the runaway later at home. wtf is wrong with you

Also, from what I've heard, the immigration dept told the grandmother that SHE is responsible for the airfare to fly her granddaughter back to the US. But according to Avi, it's all the girl's fault. :cuckoo:

Then you clearly arent paying attention. It's the girl and her guardians.

Immigration did their job.

By sending a 14 year old citizen of the US to Columbia.

What's wrong with this country is that rws can talk themselves into damn near anything IF it suits their agenda.

By sending a 14 year old citizen of the US to Columbia.

What's wrong with this country is that rws can talk themselves into damn near anything IF it suits their agenda.

It's not immigrations fault that the girl ran away, got arrested, and then lied to them throughout the entire deportation proceedings. At any point she could have asked for her guardian. At any point she could have told the truth about who she was. She could have asked for an attorney. She could have spoken up when she went before the judge.

And unless there is something nefarious that isn't being reported, she didn't bother to do the slightest thing to prevent this despite putting herself in this situation.

You can try to make an appeal to emotion all you want. It doesn't shift the burden of responsibility from her and her family.

Just thought I'd post another article about this in which the information is a bit different :

Tex. teen mistakenly deported to Colombia assumed false identity - BlogPost - The Washington Post

According to this the girl maintained her false identity throughout trial and deportation proceedings, and even on social media pages after ending up in Columbia. It also says that ICE supposedly checked her prints and came up with nothing to say she was not who she claimed (I can only assume this would mean her prints were no where in the system).

As with so many stories, this seems like one that will require time and more details to emerge before any kind of reasonable, rational opinion on where blame should lie can be made. Perhaps ICE didn't properly do their jobs, perhaps the girl is at fault for maintaining the false identity, I just don't know. All the self-righteous arguments here based on very scanty information seem pretty premature.

Just thought I'd post another article about this in which the information is a bit different :

Tex. teen mistakenly deported to Colombia assumed false identity - BlogPost - The Washington Post

According to this the girl maintained her false identity throughout trial and deportation proceedings, and even on social media pages after ending up in Columbia. It also says that ICE supposedly checked her prints and came up with nothing to say she was not who she claimed (I can only assume this would mean her prints were no where in the system).

As with so many stories, this seems like one that will require time and more details to emerge before any kind of reasonable, rational opinion on where blame should lie can be made. Perhaps ICE didn't properly do their jobs, perhaps the girl is at fault for maintaining the false identity, I just don't know. All the self-righteous arguments here based on very scanty information seem pretty premature.

In what world is the girl not at fault for maintaing the false identity throughout the entire proceedings? Did someone force her to maintain that identity? Please, provide a single scenario where she isn't responsible for what happened to her.

No. What is wrong with you? You expect the adults to somehow magically know a girl is lying?

The only people responsible for that girl being deported is that little girl and the screwed up family that taught her to be so damn irresponsible.

yes a 14 year old girl is not an adult and you shouldn't assume she's telling the truth that's retarded, that's why we have LEGAL guardians. THEY speak to authorities for the MINORS.

What a moronic move by immigration. wow
Don't you think she would have said something between the time of her arrest and giving a false name until the time she was put on the plane?

Clearly, this girl was way fucked up to continue the charade until she was deported.

It almost sounds like she was running away and wanted to make it PERMANENT.

Don't you think she would have said something between the time of her arrest and giving a false name until the time she was put on the plane?

Clearly, this girl was way fucked up to continue the charade until she was deported.

From what the News stories are saying, she is still continuing the charade.

No. What is wrong with you? You expect the adults to somehow magically know a girl is lying?

The only people responsible for that girl being deported is that little girl and the screwed up family that taught her to be so damn irresponsible.
Absolutely.

Now they must and should live with thier inadequacy.

Stupid asses.

Forum List

Back