This is what's wrong with our society

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Missing Dallas teen accidentally deported to Colombia | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

14 year old girl runs away from home. Gets arrested by police and gives them a false name. That name turns up a hit an illegal from Columbia who has a warrant for her arrest in Columbia. Girl gets deported to Columbia to sit in a prison.

And does grandma blame the dumbass girl for running away, getting arrested, and lying to police? Nope. Does she accept responsibility for not keeping a better eye on her grand daughter? Nope.

It's immigrations fault.

And worst of all, her poor grand daughter had to *Gasp* work! while she was in Columbia.

Umm, if immigration deported my daughter I'd pretty much be first and foremost blaming the ADULTS who oversaw such a glorious fuck up of a decision to deport and put the girl in that kind of danger. We can deal with the runaway later at home. wtf is wrong with you

Umm, if immigration deported my daughter I'd pretty much be first and foremost blaming the ADULTS who oversaw such a glorious fuck up of a decision to deport and put the girl in that kind of danger. We can deal with the runaway later at home. wtf is wrong with you

No. What is wrong with you? You expect the adults to somehow magically know a girl is lying?

The only people responsible for that girl being deported is that little girl and the screwed up family that taught her to be so damn irresponsible.

No. What is wrong with you? You expect the adults to somehow magically know a girl is lying?

The only people responsible for that girl being deported is that little girl and the screwed up family that taught her to be so damn irresponsible.

yes a 14 year old girl is not an adult and you shouldn't assume she's telling the truth that's retarded, that's why we have LEGAL guardians. THEY speak to authorities for the MINORS.

What a moronic move by immigration. wow

yes a 14 year old girl is not an adult and you shouldn't assume she's telling the truth that's retarded, that's why we have LEGAL guardians. THEY speak to authorities for the MINORS.

Typical progressive. Everything is someone else's fault.

Tell me. HOW THE FREAK ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO KNOW THEY ARE DEALING WITH A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL WHEN THE GIRL GIVES THEM FALSE INFORMATION?

Or are you supposed magically know how old someone is now to?

Typical progressive. Everything is someone else's fault.

Tell me. HOW THE FREAK ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO KNOW THEY ARE DEALING WITH A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL WHEN THE GIRL GIVES THEM FALSE INFORMATION?

Or are you supposed magically know how old someone is now to?

Are you seriously this obtuse? They place her in a holding cell until she produces identifaction or a fucking guardian, it's that simple. Fucking blockheads deported a 14 year old, aaaaahahah. wow.

Not all the details have been revealed, surely. :dunno:

But clearly it must be immigration's fault that they deported a person who said they were a 22 yr old illegal from Columbia with an warrant for her arrest. They should have known she was lying to them. Even though there is absolutely no evidence that she tried to correct them at any point during the process.

Not all the details have been revealed, surely. :dunno:

But clearly it must be immigration's fault that they deported a person who said they were a 22 yr old illegal from Columbia with an warrant for her arrest. They should have known she was lying to them. Even though there is absolutely no evidence that she tried to correct them at any point during the process.

It clearly is their fault, they deported a minor. If she said she was Jesus, do they typically take people's words for that or......?

An entire system fails a troubled kid and it is all her fault. typical.

yea, ya know.....Cops typically let people go without verifying who they are........that's why when someone has a warrant for their arrest and they lie and say they're Jay Leno - - - it's procedure to just believe them and let them go :cuckoo:

well, according to avatar, they dont verify anyways.

The girls family sould be charged for all expenses related to the deportation. LEGAL guadians have LEGAL responabilities both to the minor and to society.

Are you seriously this obtuse? They place her in a holding cell until she produces identifaction or a fucking guardian, it's that simple. Fucking blockheads deported a 14 year old, aaaaahahah. wow.

Me obtuse? Because you think Immigration is going to magically know whose lying to them about who they are?

So what do you expect them to do? ask every single illegal wanted in a foreign country that they detain if they are really 14 year olds lying about who they are before the deport them?

Or you think maybe someone who runs away from home, gets arrested, lies to the police about who she is might be responsible for her own actions?

Guess what GT. This is real life. You are responsible for the choices to make. No matter what age you are, your choices have consequences. Blaming others because you made stupid choices is just going to reinforce the bad choices you've already made.

Stop running away from personal responsibility. It's not a bad thing.

I think there is a big difference in the looks of a 14 yo and the looks of a 20 yo. If you don't see a difference, you probably need your eyes checked.

Yeah the girl screwed up, but you also gotta wonder why she didn't speak up, either she has a garbage life at home so being sent somewhere else seemed like a wonderful thing, or she had some sort of disability...

Also, you aren't legally an adult until you are 18. As someone said before that's why there are legal guardians, child advocated, ect.

The girls family sould be charged for all expenses related to the deportation. LEGAL guadians have LEGAL responabilities both to the minor and to society.

I think that ICE should be sued, they put a runaway's life in danger. The parents don't hasve bars on their windows and doors and 24 hour surveilance on their kid without ever working or sleeping, so I guess they should get a visit from social services.

Me obtuse? Because you think Immigration is going to magically know whose lying to them about who they are?

So what do you expect them to do? ask every single illegal wanted in a foreign country that they detain if they are really 14 year olds lying about who they are before the deport them?

Or you think maybe someone who runs away from home, gets arrested, lies to the police about who she is might be responsible for her own actions?

Guess what GT. This is real life. You are responsible for the choices to make. No matter what age you are, your choices have consequences. Blaming others because you made stupid choices is just going to reinforce the bad choices you've already made.

Stop running away from personal responsibility. It's not a bad thing.

Oh, so you are being obtuse.

Yes, Cops DO typically verify someone is who they say they are. Shocking to you, maybe, but not to anyone else living in 2012.

The system didnt fail her. She failed herself. Her family failed her. The system did it's job and deported what they thought was an illegal criminal.

Like I said, this is exactly whats wrong with society. Too many people have bought this progressive idea that someone else, usually the government, should be responsible for you. It's bullcrap.

yea, ya know.....Cops typically let people go without verifying who they are........that's why when someone has a warrant for their arrest and they lie and say they're Jay Leno - - - it's procedure to just believe them and let them go :cuckoo:

They did verify the name she gave them. It turned out to belong to an illegal immigrant from Columbia with a warrant for her arrest in Columbia.

But. Apparently it's their fault she lied to them.

The system didnt fail her. She failed herself. Her family failed her. The system did it's job and deported what they thought was an illegal criminal.

Like I said, this is exactly whats wrong with society. Too many people have bought this progressive idea that someone else, usually the government, should be responsible for you. It's bullcrap.

No, you're taking it to the extreme. Expecting Deportation officials to do their due dilligence has nothing to do with your fantasy platitudes of left vs. right, personal responsibility vs. non. It's simply expecting due dilligence from tax-funded employees, for fuck's sakes. You're so extreme.

They did verify the name she gave them. It turned out to belong to an illegal immigrant from Columbia with a warrant for her arrest in Columbia.

You are such a Genius.

Forum List

Back