This is Way the Fuck Out of Line

Quick question..................if there were Predator and Reaper drones in the time of Timothy McVeigh, and the US had a good bead on him, able to take him out with a single shot while he was getting away, would you have approved that?

The American that you speak of renounced his US citizenship and helped out terrorists by trying to recruit other Americans.

If you say they both should have lived, you support terrorists.

That isn't the point. Whether or not an assassination should have happened is legitimate debate but is a separate debate and is totally unrelated to a person committing mass murder of innocent people. To draw an ignorant and hatefully inflammatory comparison in the way that billboard did is not only disrespectful to the office of the President, but trivializes the pain and grief of the Aurora victims and their families. It isn't even historically correct. Obama got that Nobel Peace prize before he had done anything pro or con to deserve it and before he had done anything to be praised for or criticized for.

It is a stupid billboard and should not be condoned or justified in any respect.

I respect your view but strongly disagree.

But then again I am a white boy that never worked an honest day, I drive a pick up and I look like every other repub. Oh yeah I come from a long line of baby killers that cut off ears......

Compromise has us 16 trillion in debt.

Enough......................

I am free, white, 21, registered Republican (though I'm not that good a Republican these days), conservative to the core, and would drive a pick up if I had one. And I certainly have not been conciilatory or complimentary to President Obama about much of anything. And I have been as horrified and condemning of that 16 trillion dollar as anybody at USMB.

And I STILL condemn that billboard as wrong and stupidl.

That isn't the point. Whether or not an assassination should have happened is legitimate debate but is a separate debate and is totally unrelated to a person committing mass murder of innocent people. To draw an ignorant and hatefully inflammatory comparison in the way that billboard did is not only disrespectful to the office of the President, but trivializes the pain and grief of the Aurora victims and their families. It isn't even historically correct. Obama got that Nobel Peace prize before he had done anything pro or con to deserve it and before he had done anything to be praised for or criticized for.

It is a stupid billboard and should not be condoned or justified in any respect.

But then again I am a white boy that never worked an honest day, I drive a pick up and I look like every other repub. Oh yeah I come from a long line of baby killers that cut off ears......

I am free, white, 21, registered Republican (though I'm not that good a Republican these days), conservative to the core, and would drive a pick up if I had one. And I certainly have not been conciilatory or complimentary to President Obama about much of anything. And I have been as horrified and condemning of that 16 trillion dollar as anybody at USMB.

I understand...Before the two thousand election conservatives wouldnt protest, wouldnt respond to blatant character attacks. Then most realized it was working for democrats.

Stand your ground...... Give them back what they dish out ten fold, the degree of disgusting depths should never be a consideration when dealing with this mindset.

There is no high ground to be had. Until we as a country man up and feel the pain of consequence. There will be no peace.

I understand...Before the two thousand election conservatives wouldnt protest, wouldnt respond to blatant character attacks. Then most realized it was working for democrats.

Stand your ground...... Give them back what they dish out ten fold, the degree of disgusting depths should never be a consideration when dealing with this mindset.

There is no high ground to be had. Until we as a country man up and feel the pain of consequence. There will be no peace.

I AM responding to blatant dishonest character attacks however. And I can criticize and complain with the best of them and have been screaming for conservatives to start giving as good as they get and to get out of the apathetic mode and start fighting for the America we love.

But. . . . I have this weird personal code that says its okay to hang somebody, but you have to hang them for a crime they actually commit. And there is no way to honestly draw a comparison between anything President Obama has done or not done and that tragedy in Aurora, and to design a billboard like that is nothing but dishonest propaganda.

I disagree that there is no high ground to be had. If we cannot debate honorably and honestly for what we believe, we are no better than 'they' are. And if somebody doesn't choose to crawl out of the gutter and restore some integrity, honesty and decency in this country, I fear there won't be anything left worth fighting for.

(Steps off soap box but I honestly think trading dishonest dirt for dirt accomplishes nothing and diminishes us all.)

I AM responding to blatant dishonest character attacks however. And I can criticize and complain with the best of them and have been screaming for conservatives to start giving as good as they get and to get out of the apathetic mode and start fighting for the America we love.

But. . . . I have this weird personal code that says its okay to hang somebody, but you have to hang them for a crime they actually commit. And there is no way to honestly draw a comparison between anything President Obama has done or not done and that tragedy in Aurora, and to design a billboard like that is nothing but dishonest propaganda.

I disagree that there is no high ground to be had. If we cannot debate honorably and honestly for what we believe, we are no better than 'they' are. And if somebody doesn't choose to crawl out of the gutter and restore some integrity, honesty and decency in this country, I fear there won't be anything left worth fighting for.

(Steps off soap box but I honestly think trading dishonest dirt for dirt accomplishes nothing and diminishes us all.)

IMO, that's the entire issue.

090727_controversial_sign1.jpg

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A Caldwell billboard is raising questions in the Treasure Valley as it compares the president to accused Colorado killer, James Holmes.

The billboard on Franklin Road equates the actions of the president's foreign policies to the acts of Holmes, who's suspected of killing 12 people in the theater shooting...

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far? | Local & Regional | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News

I don't care who you are or your political leanings, this is just over the top.

They have their right to free speech, but WTF?

This is what everyone is freaking out about? Hadn't seen the billboard until now.

What makes it hilarious is that it is just stating facts. Amazing how that drives liberals nuts.

Anyway its just a billboard and something to laugh at. Some people need to lighten up.

I take no issue with the board.................

I understood the meaning without having to parse it out.

Would you feel better if they had posted a picture of the murdered border agent and the transcripts of democrats shutting it up, then threatening whistle blowers with prosecution.

I dont care what tactic is used against democrats even if it is dishonest. I can sleep at night knowing payback was issued.

Would you feel better if they had posted a picture of the murdered border agent and the transcripts of democrats shutting it up, then threatening whistle blowers with prosecution.

I dont care what tactic is used against democrats even if it is dishonest. I can sleep at night knowing payback was issued.

^

this is what is destroying our country in the guise of patriotism

Full-Auto, I don't believe your disclaimer in the slightest.

I am a white boy who has always worked an honest day. I am a Republican. I served many country in the U.S. Army for many years. I know what is legitimate and what is not legitimate criticism of presidents, having lived in sixteen of their presidencies.

The comparison is not legitimate and neither is your criticism in support of it.

We can beat Obama this fall, but not your way.

Quick question..................if there were Predator and Reaper drones in the time of Timothy McVeigh, and the US had a good bead on him, able to take him out with a single shot while he was getting away, would you have approved that?

The American that you speak of renounced his US citizenship and helped out terrorists by trying to recruit other Americans.

If you say they both should have lived, you support terrorists.

I respect your view but strongly disagree. But then again I am a white boy that never worked an honest day, I drive a pick up and I look like every other repub. Oh yeah I come from a long line of baby killers that cut off ears...... Compromise has us 16 trillion in debt. Enough......................

For further explanations see code pink.

Where killing bad guys with a repub in charge is bad but killing bad guys with a democrat in charge is good.
It isnt the war.......

Um....when and where did Code Pink say that?

And how does that jive with:

Dozens from Code Pink protest outside Obama headquarters, NATO country consulates - Chicago Tribune

'CODEPINK' Protesters Rally in Beverly Hills Against Bank Foreclosures - Beverly Hills, CA Patch

Codepink protesters pose nearly naked at BP headquarters to relay their message on Gulf oil spill | abc13.com

CODEPINK : Protesters Rally in Support of Manning at Quantico

All dates past January 2009, btw.

Wrong is wrong, dishonest is dishonest, and payback may feel good, but when it is delivered in a distorted and manipulative manner it accomplishes nothing but encourages more of the same until all legitimate debate is drowned out. Democrats are Americans too, and if they cannot be rebutted or debated using honest stuff, then we are as guilty of whatever we accuse them of. How can we restore honor if we condone being dishonorable just because 'they do it too'?

While I take Republicans to the wood shed on a fairly regular basis, I do have more quarrel with the Democrats. But if I have to resort to a billboard like that to express my opinion of the hypocrisy and wrong headedness and whatever else I might be criticizing on any given day, then this world really is in a sorry state and there is no hope for any of us.

This comes as no surprise about you.

I am a white boy who has always worked an honest day. I am a Republican. I served many country in the U.S. Army for many years. I know what is legitimate and what is not legitimate criticism of presidents, having lived in sixteen of their presidencies.

The comparison is not legitimate and neither is your criticism in support of it.

I respect your view but strongly disagree. But then again I am a white boy that never worked an honest day, I drive a pick up and I look like every other repub. Oh yeah I come from a long line of baby killers that cut off ears...... Compromise has us 16 trillion in debt. Enough......................

^^^^Liar. Except for the "never worked an honest day". I believe that.

I saw it, but it's in full-auto's quote, not js's.

So I retract my statement. JS's entire post is a lie.

^^^^Liar. Except for the "never worked an honest day". I believe that.

Here comes Sister Josephine Judgemental.

You are a sick lady, and I can charitably leave my comments to that. I will simply chuckle at others' replies to you, Josephine.

I saw it, but it's in full-auto's quote, not js's.

So I retract my statement. JS's entire post is a lie.

Forum List

Back