CDZ This is the problem with universal background checks for gun "transfers," not "sales."

I paid $150 for my concealed carry permit and I have guns valued at about $2,000.

If you can't afford the license, how the fuck do you expect to pay for bullets?

Sorry...the state can't put a tax on a Right...the democrats put a Poll Tax on voting to keep blacks from being able to vote and that was unConstitutional.......same with any training requirement.......

To pretend voting and using a gun are the same thing is to deny physics.

I paid $150 for my concealed carry permit and I have guns valued at about $2,000.

Sorry...the state can't put a tax on a Right...the democrats put a Poll Tax on voting to keep blacks from being able to vote and that was unConstitutional.......same with any training requirement.......

Just because we have a right to own and operate weapons does not relieve us of the responsibility of doing that activity in a safe manner which secures and protects the community, even if that requires us to lay out resources. If we become a wealthy enough nation to justify it, perhaps a scholarship program of sorts for low income gun owners should be discussed, but when "cheap ammo" is 20 cents a bullet, 'low-income gun owner' seems like an oxymoron.

Finally a sensible post from a gun owner here. It will be shredded and declared to be idiotic in 3....2....1.....

The problem is that progressives when given an inch, take a mile. In NYC it costs $1000 and takes 3-6 months just to get a license to keep a revolver in your own home.

When one pays for reasonable processing, and the reasonable cost of a firearm, that is one thing. But governments and people that hate private ownership of firearms place procedures and costs to make people give up when it comes to getting a firearm.

and one can get a decent pistol for $200 or so, so the $2000 figure for weapons you state is moot.

All the more reason to establish REASONABLE federal standards for all the states to abide by and recognize.

I would LOVE to be able to whip out my FL CCP in MO, TX, and a host of other states to buy and walk away with a new gun.

Sorry.....federal standards means they will make it almost impossible to get a permit...they will make the New York and New Jersey way the way for the entire country.......

The problem is that progressives when given an inch, take a mile. In NYC it costs $1000 and takes 3-6 months just to get a license to keep a revolver in your own home.

When one pays for reasonable processing, and the reasonable cost of a firearm, that is one thing. But governments and people that hate private ownership of firearms place procedures and costs to make people give up when it comes to getting a firearm.

and one can get a decent pistol for $200 or so, so the $2000 figure for weapons you state is moot.

And that is but one reason it should be a federal permit issued by the ATF , in conjunction with the FBI, and states and cities should have no say in the matter.

I'd prefer federal standards and state administration - but I'm open to just about anything if it will allow me to cross state lines free from worry about the guns in the car.

they just need to pass a law ...like gay marriage.....since carrying a gun is a Right, every state must honor the carry permits of other states.....

To pretend voting and using a gun are the same thing is to deny physics.

They are both Rights.....and can be infringed by taxes and tests....

At this point why would anyone continue to discuss this with 2A? Obviously he has no desire for honest discussion

"voter id laws are okay, gun id laws are not" is a childish stance.

/unsubscribe

At this point why would anyone continue to discuss this with 2A? Obviously he has no desire for honest discussion

"voter id laws are okay, gun id laws are not" is a childish stance.

/unsubscribe

Wrong....I never said that..in fact, I have said the opposite......I am more than happy to show a drivers license to vote, and to buy a gun.....in fact, I am the one who suggested that convicted felons have FELON on their drivers license and when you buy a gun, you should have to show I.D. to verify who you are.....

Current federal background checks at gun stores are fine by me but they can and should be improved for a faster transaction.....

Universal background checks are just as useless as current federal background checks, and the only reason anti gunners want them is to get universal gun registration...so they are not okay.

Fair....you have seemed to be reasonable...but since I won't back your background check boondoggle now you are getting mad......

All the more reason to establish REASONABLE federal standards for all the states to abide by and recognize.

I would LOVE to be able to whip out my FL CCP in MO, TX, and a host of other states to buy and walk away with a new gun.

The issue is that people in power think "reasonable" includes what I have to go through in NYC.

And that is but one reason it should be a federal permit issued by the ATF , in conjunction with the FBI, and states and cities should have no say in the matter.

Nice concept, but then one has to worry that the feds would start charging punitive fees, and creating long waits for said permit.

In theory, this is yours and my responsibility when we vote, and the safety net is the extreme difficulty in changing The Constitution.

Again, if that "safety net" existed, NYC's laws would have been overturned a long time ago. But apathetic one party rule, plus local judges who also belong to said party results in continued infringement.

The issue is that people in power think "reasonable" includes what I have to go through in NYC.

Boo-fucking-hoo :crybaby:

Then do what you can to change the people in power.

If you do your best and you're position is so unpopular that you feel like you're beating your head against a brick wall, accept that your position may be extreme and adjust or move on.

Democracy is NOT rocket science, y'all.

Nice concept, but then one has to worry that the feds would start charging punitive fees, and creating long waits for said permit.

In theory, this is yours and my responsibility when we vote, and the safety net is the extreme difficulty in changing The Constitution.

Again, if that "safety net" existed, NYC's laws would have been overturned a long time ago. But apathetic one party rule, plus local judges who also belong to said party results in continued infringement.

Again, :crybaby:

If you do your best and you're position is so unpopular that you feel like you're beating your head against a brick wall, accept that your position may be extreme and adjust or move on.

The issue is 2nd amendment rights should not be effected by direct democracy, unless 3/4 of the states and 2/3 of each part of congress decide to change or repeal the 2nd amendment. an enumerated right shouldn't be touchable by the whims of the locals.

We are not a democracy, we are a constitutional republic, and this republic's constitution says my RKBA shall not be infringed. Do you consider a 3-6 month waiting period and $1000 in fines to be infringement or not?

PLUS , I think if I felt so strongly against a law that my local city/state had and refused to change that I would probably you know MOVE rather than whine on a message board.

Not caring about the rights of others is a shame.

Also this is the CDZ, as a Staff Member, more is expected of you, am I right?

The issue is 2nd amendment rights should not be effected by direct democracy, unless 3/4 of the states and 2/3 of each part of congress decide to change or repeal the 2nd amendment. an enumerated right shouldn't be touchable by the whims of the locals.

We are not a democracy, we are a constitutional republic, and this republic's constitution says my RKBA shall not be infringed. Do you consider a 3-6 month waiting period and $1000 in fines to be infringement or not?

What we think is irrelevant. what SCOTUS thinks is. You strict 2nd amendment folks seem to forget that. Protection of your rights only exists within the framework of judicial review.

PLUS , I think if I felt so strongly against a law that my local city/state had and refused to change that I would probably you know MOVE rather than whine on a message board.

I have family here that I need to take care of, so moving is a no go. Plus, since RKBA is a federally protected enumerated right, why should I be the one who has to move? Why shouldn't they be forced to follow the Constitution?

What we think is irrelevant. what SCOTUS thinks is. You strict 2nd amendment folks seem to forget that. Protection of your rights only exists within the framework of judicial review.

That's the type of thinking that got us Plessey V Fergueson. So 5 of 9 unelected lawyers decide a handgun ban in constitutional, and all of sudden it is?

That's the type of thinking that got us Plessey V Fergueson. So 5 of 9 unelected lawyers decide a handgun ban in constitutional, and all of sudden it is?

of course. surely you recognize that SOMEONE has to decide what actually is and isn't over reach? That you sometimes disagree with their opinions is irrelevant to the overall picture.

Not caring about the rights of others is a shame.

I care about your rights. But not above the rights of your fellow New Yorkers.

If you can't find a pro-gun attorney in NY who's willing to look in to potential violations of The Second Amendment by NY state and local officials, your position on the subject may be extreme. I'm even willing to bet a dollar that the NRA would be more than happy to fund such an investigation, even if they need to hire attorneys from Texas who're licensed in NY to do it.

If your particular complaint is going unchallenged, I suppose that there is a slim chance that EVERY official in the state is in on the conspiracy....

I recommend starting a national campaign to bring the full political weight of American gun owners to bear against the problem. If nothing gets done after the NRA, you and others invest what they're willing in to the cause, you may want to look in to a move to Kansas. I heard once that the folks in Kansas have VERY liberal gun laws and don't need a license to carry openly, but I never researched it.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_think: If we mix the liberal gun laws of Kansas, Wyoming and Texas with the conservative, tight weapons regulations of the Northeast and California in a spirit of compromise, we may just end up with REASONABLE national gun policy that's administered by the states.

Still not Rocket Science.........

Forum List

Back