This Is the Moment When the Rise of the Oceans Began to Slow

That mathematical models are used to accurately fill in spatial and temporal data gaps in no way harms the accuracy of these results. As may be clearly seen in the text of the various studies, the results are based on satellite altimetry, GRACE gravitic data, tide gauge data, GPS isostasy measurements and other empirical observations. When you use a mathematical technique to fair a linear fit or a least squares or cubic or bezier curves to discontinuous data, you have used a mathematical model. The use of models in the production of these data consists of nothing more that that.

I tire of the assumption deniers make that all models are failed models, that no model data have value. I strongly regret having allowed, through exhaustion, ever abandoning the point. Models are of value. Automatically dismissing them is surrendering to ignorance and a fear of the unknown.

I will no longer accept any blanket condemnation of model data. Get used to it.

Sea level rise is not slowing

Last edited:
That mathematical models are used to accurately fill in spatial and temporal data gaps in no way harms the accuracy of these results. As may be clearly seen in the text of the various studies, the results are based on satellite altimetry, GRACE gravitic data, tide gauge data, GPS isostasy measurements and other empirical observations. When you use a mathematical technique to fair a linear fit or a least squares or cubic or bezier curves to discontinuous data, you have used a mathematical model. The use of models in the production of these data consists of nothing more that that.

I tire of the assumption deniers make that all models are failed models, that no model data have value. I strongly regret having allowed, through exhaustion, ever abandoning the point. Models are of value. Automatically dismissing them is surrendering to ignorance and a fear of the unknown.

the models are abject failures and anything based on them is alarmist bullshit...

Liar

fig-nearterm_all_UPDATE_2018-panela.png

fig-nearterm_all_UPDATE_2018.png

1_IPCCAR5WGI_AR5_Fig9-8.jpg

CMIP5 simulations from the IPCC AR5 WG1 Figure 9.8. Black line indicates the observed global surface temperatures and the coloured lines are the climate model runs.

Those models have never been accurate once. Not once.

Jesus, are you fucking stupid.

Yes dear Mr Westwall, they are data. Feel free to check your dictionary.

Jesus, are you fucking stupid.

Yes dear Mr Westwall, they are data. Feel free to check your dictionary.

No, they are not you tard. Simulations are fiction, thus they CAN'T be data. Data is real, observed, MEASURABLE physical actions or processes. You don't know even the very basics of scientific research.

Of course you won't, you're a full-blown cultist.

Helpful hint: If Michael Mann calls everyone to the pavilion for a meeting of the whole fam, don't go.

If you believe all models should be rejected out of hand, you admit to NO method by which to predict future behavior of anything, including the Earth's climate. So please don't waste our time telling us that you think it is not going to get warmer or that sea leve will not rise because you have NOTHING on which to base that belief.

If you believe all models should be rejected out of hand, you admit to NO method by which to predict future behavior of anything, including the Earth's climate. So please don't waste our time telling us that you think it is not going to get warmer or that sea leve will not rise because you have NOTHING on which to base that belief.

Models are no better than the people who program them. They are not, and never will be DATA. They are useless as predictive tools until they can at least do a one day hindcast.

Learn what that is then get back to us.

So, can I assume that you believe everyone currently making models (climate models? all models?) are incompetent?

As to data:
DATA
facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
synonyms:facts, figures, statistics, details, particulars, specifics, features, information, evidence, intelligence, material, background, input, proof, fuel, ammunition, statements,
reports, returns, dossiers, files, documentation, archive(s);
  • the quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, being stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media.
  • PHILOSOPHY
    things known or assumed as facts, making the basis of reasoning or calculation
***********************************************************************************************************
1: factual information (such as measurements or statistics) used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation
2: information in digital form that can be transmitted or processed
3: information output by a sensing device or organ that includes both useful and irrelevant or redundant information and must be processed to be meaningful

***********************************************************************************************************
mathematics, science information collected for use

************************************************************************************************************
a plural of datum.
Individual facts, statistics, or items of information. A body of facts; information.

Finally, I doubt you have ever seen the output of a climate model that has not done some successful hindcasting. It is the first and simplest method of testing the quality of a model.

And a past President pocketed another $400K.

There’s not a climate chicken little alive who acts like there’s a crisis.

View attachment 249519

Twitter
What scientists are saying global warming isn’t real? You republicans need to bring them forward. So far the one guy you put out there was debunked on day one. He’s a fraud lobbyist.
We’ll chalk that up to private flights, ocean front mansions and juicy hamburgers.

So, can I assume that you believe everyone currently making models (climate models? all models?) are incompetent?

As to data:
DATA
facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
synonyms:facts, figures, statistics, details, particulars, specifics, features, information, evidence, intelligence, material, background, input, proof, fuel, ammunition, statements,
reports, returns, dossiers, files, documentation, archive(s);
  • the quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, being stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media.
  • PHILOSOPHY
    things known or assumed as facts, making the basis of reasoning or calculation
1: factual information (such as measurements or statistics) used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation
2: information in digital form that can be transmitted or processed
3: information output by a sensing device or organ that includes both useful and irrelevant or redundant information and must be processed to be meaningful

mathematics, science information collected for use

************************************************************************************************************
a plural of datum.
Individual facts, statistics, or items of information. A body of facts; information.

Finally, I doubt you have ever seen the output of a climate model that has not done some successful hindcasting. It is the first and simplest method of testing the quality of a model.
There are 18 forecast models used to predict your weather tomorrow. That’s why in 24 hours the forecast will be off 2-8 degrees and precipitation will be off 10-30%.

24 hours.

And a past President pocketed another $400K.

There’s not a climate chicken little alive who acts like there’s a crisis.

View attachment 249519

Twitter
What scientists are saying global warming isn’t real? You republicans need to bring them forward. So far the one guy you put out there was debunked on day one. He’s a fraud lobbyist.
We’ll chalk that up to private flights, ocean front mansions and juicy hamburgers.
This is what we need to do. Have you retards explain what you believe. Expose your stupidity.

Forum List

Back