This is the first time in my 45 years on the planet

That I have actually witnessed people, aside from a few nutjobs, threatening to take up arms against the president.

It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a growing movement of organized protest against the president's policies.

The only thing I can think of that is comparable is perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s...and even that wasn't directed at the presidency or even the government. And it was notably peaceful.

Does this freak anyone else out?

Yes.

I find it disturbing.

Why would the Secret Service be interested? The question was fair, not exactly incitement.

The question was as fair as someone shouting FIRE!! in a crowded theatre. It is a stupid question with dangerous implications. And yes the secret service should look at this thread.

You people aren't very smart are you. Barack Obama is not a celebrity on your stupid skank buiscit reality tv show.

He is the president of the United States of America and the leader of the free world. You don't get to speculate on his demise.

This post is funny for 2 reason, firstly..you say he is "President of the free world" :lol: The world is not free, nor are we as long as we have this run away government

Secondly, you said "we do not get to speculate"???? Is it a crime to speculate now? :lol:

Talk about being not very smart

I speculate that Obama will die one of these days from smoking too much, hardening of his arteries?, maybe choking on a teleprompter?..I dunno. But he is not the messiah

Attachments

• $090425obamathetruth.jpg
    $090425obamathetruth.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 47
Why would the Secret Service be interested? The question was fair, not exactly incitement.

The question was as fair as someone shouting FIRE!! in a crowded theatre. It is a stupid question with dangerous implications. And yes the secret service should look at this thread.

You people aren't very smart are you. Barack Obama is not a celebrity on your stupid skank buiscit reality tv show.

He is the president of the United States of America and the leader of the free world. You don't get to speculate on his demise.

I hate reality tv shows, I hate reality too but I don't get a chance to change the channel.

The question was fair and being a question it had no implications except to look for answers.

As for speculating on Obama's demise, I don't see that occurred, but I could be misreading posts I'll accept that.

The old wording for treason in English law used to contain a phrase something along the lines of "imagining the death of the monarch". Back then it was no joke, being King didn't mean you had an easy ride, you had to actually get out there on the field of battle until they redrafted the rules to let Kings sit on their arse at home while others did the battle thing.

Anyone who calls for something bad to happen to Obama is - aside from potential criminality - being just an idiot and posting in bad taste. But the poor sods are probably also those who were screaming about that British film that actually portrayed Bush as being assassinated (I thought that was a bit rude of the film-maker but again that's a question of taste).

As for criticism, go and have a look at DU, plenty of criticism about Obama's policies there. I suppose some folks just don't like the fact that he has to be a supreme pragmatist now, ideology is a luxury an incumbent can't afford.

This post is funny for 2 reason, firstly..you say he is "President of the free world" :lol: The world is not free, nor are we as long as we have this run away government

Secondly, you said "we do not get to speculate"???? Is it a crime to speculate now? :lol:

I speculate that Obama will die one of these days from smoking too much, hardening of his arteries?, maybe choking on a teleprompter?..I dunno. But he is not the messiah

He is the president of the United States of America and the leader of the free world.

Apparantly in your haste to be a moron you didn't take the time to read clearly.

Yes it is a crime to speculate about harm to the president.

If you keep this up don't be suprised if you have to justify this stupidity to the authorities that get paid to sort out morons like you from serious threats.

None of this is funny.

If you idiots can scrape a brain together among you ...you should find a topic that doesn't include dancing with a federal crime.

Last edited:

[He is the president of the United States of America and the leader of the free world./

Apparantly in your haste to be a moron you didn't take the time to read clearly.

If you keep this up don't be suprised if you have to justify this stupidity to the authorities that get paid to sort out morons like you from serious threats.

None of this is funny.

If you idiots can scrape a brain together among you ...you should find a topic that doesn't include dancing with a federal crime.

Taking a mature look at the whole thread, as I'm sure the Secret Service has already done, they have come to the same conclusion that the rest of us have. It isn't a credible threat....

But that the idiot needs to be watched.....and reported to the SR-Media for ridicule in case something comes of it.

[He is the president of the United States of America and the leader of the free world./

None of this is funny.

I saw not one person besides myself speculate any such thing, speculation and thoughts are not a crime. Talk about being moronic. You are just mad cuz I called you on your idiodic fearfilled post

What part of the Constitution have you not read? It seems our government officials need to read it also. They are ripping it to shreds

That I have actually witnessed people, aside from a few nutjobs, threatening to take up arms against the president.

It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a growing movement of organized protest against the president's policies.

The only thing I can think of that is comparable is perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s...and even that wasn't directed at the presidency or even the government. And it was notably peaceful.

Does this freak anyone else out?
Before the election I used to be concerned that Obama would be killed and the country would be harmed by that murder,
Now that he is in power , He is far worse than any damage that I had been concerned about.
I can hardly imagine him completing this term or another.
I assume it is part of Gods plan to take the USA out of the global picture and make people suffer.So they will trust in God and know that men are corrupt,and governments are evil.

I don't get your point. That's exactly what he was rebelling against which is why I used it as an example for Allie.

:confused:
Mc Veigh viewed both the left and right as essentailly the same as far as taking the gov over, he would have done the same thing if it had been Bush still in office, his protest was not against the left or Clinton.

Exactly.

Some people apparently don't like the peaceful transition of power...in other words, elections.

But no this isn't the first time. Don't you remember Waco and Ruby Ridge and Timothy McVeigh? Same song, different decade.

What did Waco, Ruby Ridge or the bombing of the Federal building in Oklahoma have to do with any election? :confused:

The Branch Davidians were a sort of off shoot of Seventh Day Adventists that believed they were living in the end times. The Waco incident started when the ATF tried to serve a warrant. The people inside weren't reacting to an election when the FBI decided to barbeque them.

Randy Weaver was entrapped by the government. He mistrusted the government but wasn't reacting to an election when his dog, son and wife were killed by them.

Timothy McVeigh didn't like the government but his attack wasn't in reaction to an election it was a sort of counter strike for the Waco incident.

You sure picked some weird examples to illustrate your point.
Randy Weaver wasn't entrapped by the government, he was breaking the law and could have easily not decided to have stand off and go peacefully. I am come from the land of Randy Weaver and Chevy Kehoe. There is a reason why the guy who shot up the Holocaust museam came to live in this area for four years. Most of these men spend large amounts of time figuring out ways to over throw the government and get rid of certain minority groups.

From my understanding Randy Weaver didn't even know the Feds were there until AFTER they'd killed his dog and son. I suppose at that point he could have gone peacefully but that sort of thing pisses some people off. And if you figure they'll shoot a dog and kid and you were already paranoid about them to begin with it isn't much of a stretch to think they just might kill you too, hands in the air and unarmed or not. You recall they killed his wife too and all she was armed at the time with was a baby.

And if Weaver was guilty of something then why didn't he do to jail or get prosecuted? He did get a monetary settlement though... so I wonder what law you think he broke. His story is he sold them legal shotguns and THEY sawed them off. I don't think anything to the contrary has been proven, but if they could have proved it I'm sure they would have so I'm going to go ahead and go with the government knew he had been entrapped by the agents.

And the whole point of this was that he wasn't reacting to any election as Ravi asserted. Do you have anything on that?

I noticed that after I reread it and fixed it. :lol:

I wasn't being critical but that does answer my question. The colonists didn't get a vote in the British parliament but that parliament (and the King) ruled them. So the colony wasn't a democracy. No wonder the poor buggers revolted :lol:

Jamestown, Virginia on the James river starting in 1607 was started by about a hundred and 50 Englishmen who struggled for about 10 years finghting natiives and starvation and diseases to keep the fort running. The King of England authorized shipping volunteers to Jamestown to replace the dead and to re-supply the fort with goods. Had those replacements not been furnished, we will most likely be speaking Spanish right now.

More likely Dutch.

Who are the majority of people you see at these demonstrations and tea parties? White people. There is certainly a racial undertone that exists to the movement, and that will boil over at some point. I'm not saying that everybody at these things are racist, certainly not. However, it doesn't look good if these non-racist people are seen marching with the racists.
I think the paucity of blacks at those events, if there were a paucity, and our events here in Indiana were well attended by black folks, about equal to their demographic representation (I was surprised at that) - was due to a couple of things: 1) many wouldn't want to be seen protesting the president, their ethnic colleague, and 2) more of them expect to gain rather than lose from his plans. two powerful motivations; more powerful, you can be sure, than racial bigotry on the part of the people there. So if you see racism in that, you may be looking too hard for it or are attempting to fit some "norm" of opinion.

I propose that the blacks which attended our events here in Indiana were more of the inclination to "fear" the results of the administrations radical proposals.

Ruby Ridge. l992. That was during the elder Bush's term. Hmmmm........
Did it dawn on you yet?

McVeigh mentioned revenge for Ruby Ridge as one of his motivations, ergo he was not reacting to Clinton or the left being elected, as YOU claimed earlier.

He is the president of the United States of America and the leader of the free world.

you mean unless his name is george bush or if he/she is a republican

Until Obama, I hadn't Heard People Suggesting this...

But since... Yep.

More than I would've Thought to.

Not even During Clinton did I Hear this from "Average" People.

:)

peace...

The rightests on this board are hardly average people, I think.

Average people don't obsess about these issues like most of us (myself included) do.

Forum List

Back