This is no longer the America I was born into

The America we were born into segregated blacks, discriminated against minorities and women, practiced class-warfare against the poor and working classes, and it was still a pretty good place for the majority.

Now it is a great place for the overwhelming numbers of Americans.

If you keep looking to the past, Smart33, you will mortgage your own future.

The great majority of Americans will not let the small group of nay sayers like you ever get close to succeeding at such a terrible thing. Go to, girl, go to.

I am an American...

Government owns large corporations, the auto industry, banks, and anything they want to take over now.
Government owns large corporations? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

then start acting like one and stop whining like a little douchebagh!!!

:evil:

Control = ownership.

When they can't control themselves, and when they're "too big to fail", we the people (aka, the Government) unfortunately have to step in and do it for them.

The republic into which I was born no longer, culturally, exists, for good or bad.

Our lives cannot static.

The America I was born into had Blacks kept seperate. Seperate businesses, ride in the back of the bus, etc.
Also girls could not wear pants to school.
Indoor plumbing was a rarity.
No fast food joints.
No cellphones and few even had phones.
many had no electricity in rural areas.

The only thing that seems to stay constant is wars.

The only issue that you addressed here that was an American issue was the race one. I agree, we certainly had problems. Take a look, we did get over that one. It took a while, but it did happen.

We clearly are still not over the race issue.

Nor are we over sexism (girls and pants in school, glass ceilings), adequate housing, and a few places still don't have electricity. I believe she wants to go back to Pleasantville. [ame]http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/images/0780623703/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=301063&s=video[/ame]

Someone born in 1845 would be upset that the America they now live in no longer has slavery. Someone born in 1895 would be upset because the America they now live in no longer bans women from voting. Someone born in 1935 would be upset because the America they now live in no longer segregates Blacks and Whites. Someone born in 1955 would be upset because the America they now live in gives 18 year olds the right to vote, assures women are not discriminated against when it comes to equal pay for equal work and no longer turns a blind eye to industrial pollution.

Thank God we evolve as a nation.

We have evolved to the place of becoming an immoral and even evil nation. What used to be good is bad.

We have an Unamerican as President, we will be the largest Muslim nation in the world, and thus a nation that kills anyone who will not be willing to deny their own faith and enter their religion. That is soon to come.

We provide for the illegals that which we cannot even get for our own poor. We have made it nearly illegal to use words that offend, and that is an unconstitutional state to be in.

This country is dying, and Christians don't belong. Sad.

America, even though a wonderful place, has always been the inhabitation of human beings, Smart, so yes we are immoral and even evil at times as a nation: right from the beginning.

The president is American, but your ranting is not.

This nation is the freest when it comes to religion, and Christians are as welcome as anyone else.

You can use the n-word if you want, but get ready for the flack, which, by the way, is the free speech for which you are crying.

What is your issue? Why are you unhappy?

Someone born in 1845 would be upset that the America they now live in no longer has slavery. Someone born in 1895 would be upset because the America they now live in no longer bans women from voting. Someone born in 1935 would be upset because the America they now live in no longer segregates Blacks and Whites. Someone born in 1955 would be upset because the America they now live in gives 18 year olds the right to vote, assures women are not discriminated against when it comes to equal pay for equal work and no longer turns a blind eye to industrial pollution.

We have evolved to the place of becoming an immoral and even evil nation. What used to be good is bad.

We have an Unamerican as President, we will be the largest Muslim nation in the world, and thus a nation that kills anyone who will not be willing to deny their own faith and enter their religion. That is soon to come.

We provide for the illegals that which we cannot even get for our own poor. We have made it nearly illegal to use words that offend, and that is an unconstitutional state to be in.

Your fear and hatred based on delusion is sad.

Surely, you can't be serious. How much of this rant are we to respond to responsibly? Who in the government is responsible for national morality? Hopefully no one. I don't want morality thrust upon me by the state (see Prohibition). If you want to pick at the scab the truthers won't let heal, have at it. You will find sympathetic loons prowling sites about Roswell and the Zapruder film.

Fear is a potent weapon to be wielded carefully. Only the ignorant, unread and unworldly fall victim to its charms. I suggest you have in spades.

Hatred and fear of anything and anyone different than what you see every day is something the ignorant fall for all the time. I suggest you read something other than the John Birch Society web site.

You are bat shit crazy

Take note folks, this is the same person who said he/she is willing to join any revolution to overthrow Barack Obama who he/she called a terrorist in the same post.

Show us where you're being denyed your faith.

The republic into which I was born no longer, culturally, exists, for good or bad.

Our lives cannot be static.

The America I was born into was ever-growing, and never static. It was a place where hope could become a reality. One could dream, and reachng those dreams was far more a possibility than now.

Change was an absolute, but In the true America change was usually good or could produce good. Not so now. Obama wanted to cvhange the country (which he is doing) but in the process ignored the good of improving her rather than creating something that would destroy her.

What was wrong with the American culture?

You're either bored, or you sound like you're in need of a therapist. Don't resort to Prescription meds.

I am of quite a sound mind, able to recognize the reality in which we live. I am not on this bandwagon with a so called President who promised 40 acres and a mule and only produced the mule. You are on that wagon, and the cliff is approaching.

The blinders are well in place, and you are allowing Obama to keepo it there. You are hoping that he will make it where you never have to work, and still have what you want. That won't happen.

America is in deep trouble with thie so called president. My eyes are open, and I am preparing for whatever happens next.

The America we were born into segregated blacks, discriminated against minorities and women, practiced class-warfare against the poor and working classes, and it was still a pretty good place for the majority.

Now it is a great place for the overwhelming numbers of Americans.

If you keep looking to the past, Smart33, you will mortgage your own future.

The great majority of Americans will not let the small group of nay sayers like you ever get close to succeeding at such a terrible thing. Go to, girl, go to.

The clearest reference point is in the past. I hope the future will have the same security as did the past. We overcame the issues that were so troubling then. Now we have greater issues, most of which have come about in the Obama days. You don't care, because the future pains will be ones the next generation has to deal with, not you. That is a cheal cop-out.

I am not among a small group of nay sayers, I am among the majority of American Opinion. In November that will prove to be true. Maybe we will gain back sopme of the massive losses we have suffered under the Obama administration. I pray so.

Government owns large corporations? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

then start acting like one and stop whining like a little douchebagh!!!

:evil:

Control = ownership.

When they can't control themselves, and when they're "too big to fail", we the people (aka, the Government) unfortunately have to step in and do it for them.

Unfortunately "we the people" are no longer the government. Nor are we being heard by the government.

The America I was born into had Blacks kept seperate. Seperate businesses, ride in the back of the bus, etc.
Also girls could not wear pants to school.
Indoor plumbing was a rarity.
No fast food joints.
No cellphones and few even had phones.
many had no electricity in rural areas.

The only thing that seems to stay constant is wars.

The only issue that you addressed here that was an American issue was the race one. I agree, we certainly had problems. Take a look, we did get over that one. It took a while, but it did happen.

We clearly are still not over the race issue.

That is true, ther blacks will not let it go. The whites are able to let it go and live peacefully with the blacks,.

Forum List

Back