‘This is madness, is it not?’ Bill Maher can’t get his head around ‘crazy’ reparations proposal

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Well Bill, millions of us have been saying for years now that those who believe in leftist ideology, are mentally ill, so your assertions are correct.

The “woke” left’s toxic ideology is a destructive force that could soon put the finishing touches on the demolition of San Francisco thanks to an insane reparations proposal that would obscenely compensate those who have never been slaves at the expense of those who were never slave owners, and liberal comic Bill Maher is once again calling out the insanity that has consumed his own political party.

If there are not plans to have follow-on 'reparations' payments to Native Americans, Japanese Americans, Irish Americans, Chinese Americans, and more then this whole plan to pay blacks 'reparations' is completely 'Racist' and is a massive 'descrimimation scam'.

If there are not plans to have follow-on 'reparations' payments to Native Americans, Japanese Americans, Irish Americans, Chinese Americans, and more then this whole plan to pay blacks 'reparations' is completely 'Racist' and is a massive 'descrimimation scam'.

That

Well Bill, millions of us have been saying for years now that those who believe in leftist ideology, are mentally ill, so your assertions are correct.

Obviously, it’s an absurd ridiculous insane and ultimately meaningless proposal. Even that chucklehead, Yang, notes (correctly) that the “proposal” is nothing but messaging.

But let’s go back a step or so. The entire notion of “reparations” is absurd and ridiculous and insane. It won’t ever fly.

Nobody who isn’t blindly libtarded would ever agree to pay the descendants of great or great great parents who were held in slavery any “reparations” for something the recipients never suffered and which nobody alive today had a fucking gram of responsibility for doing.

Last edited:
'You' live in the United States, one of the greatest nations in the world. The money middle / lower class make and live on make them some of the riches people in the world (which should shame the hell out of greedy, self-serving politicians).

'You' are blessed, by comparison, to live in the US.

No one should have to pay anyone 'reparations' for you to stay here.

Instead of shelling out millions to disgruntled unappreciative Americans, how about we offer anyone who wants one a free one-way ticket to any other country of their choice?!

Hate it here, want to leave? Here ya go...

Buh-bye.

Drinking coffee is cultural appropriation!!! White people should do that.

.....just like how the woman referred to in the op shouldn't be using electricity. DAMN all this cultural appropriation, anyway!

One of the myriad behavioral similarities between the two ends of the spectrum is their absolute unwillingness to practice some honest critical thinking and consider the downside of their various tactics, approaches and mandates. In the case of the Left, they still absolutely refuse to admit that their immovable commitment to PC and Identity Politics played an outsized role in the elections of 2016 through today.

Commitment to an ideology does two awful things to people: It robs them of their critical thinking skills and it robs them of their natural human curiosity. Political ideology, religious ideology, whatever. They replace an individual's critical thinking skills and normal curiosity with a safe, simple, comfy, dependable, pre-packaged story to which they can lazily cling, and a handy tribe that constantly reinforces it for them.

One of the myriad behavioral similarities between the two ends of the spectrum is their absolute unwillingness to practice some honest critical thinking and consider the downside of their various tactics, approaches and mandates. In the case of the Left, they still absolutely refuse to admit that their immovable commitment to PC and Identity Politics played an outsized role in the elections of 2016 through today.

Commitment to an ideology does two awful things to people: It robs them of their critical thinking skills and it robs them of their natural human curiosity. Political ideology, religious ideology, whatever. They replace an individual's critical thinking skills and normal curiosity with a safe, simple, comfy, dependable, pre-packaged story to which they can lazily cling, and a handy tribe that reinforces it for them.

Fckn word salad

Obviously, it’s an absurd ridiculous insane and ultimately meaningless proposal. Even that chucklehead, Yang, notes (correctly) that the “proposal” is nothing but messaging.

But let’s go back a step or so. The entire notion of “reparations” is absurd and ridiculous and insane. It won’t ever fly.

Nobody who isn’t blindly libtarded would ever agree to pay the descendants of great or great great parents who were held in slavery any “reparations” for something the recipients never suffered and which nobody alive today had a fucking gram of responsibility for doing.

Yes I agree, it is absolutely absurd. However, I believe it is more than just messaging. I believe that, especially since it's San Francisco, that at least some of the ones pushing such an idea, are completely serious and would indeed want to carry through with it if they could.

Yes I agree, it is absolutely absurd. However, I believe it is more than just messaging. I believe that, especially since it's San Francisco, that at least some of the ones pushing such an idea, are completely serious and would indeed want to carry through with it if they could.
That is within the realm of possibility. They indeed do seem just that delusional.

They won’t recognize the problem with such an absurd scam until they attempt to collect money to fund those reparations.

Fuck that sht. Even if I were dumb enough to live in that disgraceful place in the first place, I absolutely wouldn’t continue to live there. I’d move in a flash. And companies will too. SF would become the nations next and largest ghost town.

Forum List

Back