This is Insane: Obama Administration gives final 'NO' to 27 Texas Refinery Permits

This is a insane move to do this. There is no reason to reverse the permit process and this proves Obama with his tool the EPA is intending to wage war against the Petroleum sector. This move along with the drilling moritorium issued today is a telling sign that we in the Petroleum Industry are under attack by a rogue illegal Administration. This is a strictly political move.

EPA gives final "no" to Texas refinery permits: Scientific American

Leading U.S. independent refiner Valero Energy Corp faulted the decision. San Antonio-based Valero has six Texas refineries, the most owned by a single company. The plants employ 2,700 people.

"When the flex permit program was rolled out in 1994, EPA and environmental groups applauded it, and EPA approval seemed implicit," said Valero spokesman Bill Day in a statement. "Now, 16 years later, EPA is reversing course, and our facilities are caught in the middle, creating significant uncertainty at a time when our economy can least afford it".

Damn straight!!

I mean Obama is acting like there was some sort of unprecedented oil disaster somewhere! What's gotten into him??!!

Well yeah thats great instead of just one major problem the administration can't handle now we can have two!!! Yeah!!!

Three years ago these plants were formally warned by the Bush administration that they were in violation of federal law. You can google the particulars if you care. This is not some big surprise. An oil-friendly administration was serving notice on them. That should tell you something.

It tells me that Obama is willing to shut down a large percentage of refining capacity over a technicality, throwing thousands out of work.

Yeah, like why bother to actually read the article and maybe find out the facts? Guess you missed that part that says the plants are being allowed to continue operations while the permitting process is revised. Sheesh, don't let the truth get in the way of inventing yourself some good lies.

Do you honestly think that? Try reading the article again.

Well yeah thats great instead of just one major problem the administration can't handle now we can have two!!! Yeah!!!

Only Two?

I count at least half a dozen major ongoing problems the Obama Administration can't handle.

I honestly think Barak is gonna crack, and expect him to be "hospitalized for an undisclosed illness for an undetermined time" after November.

Only Two?

I count at least half a dozen major ongoing problems the Obama Administration can't handle.

I honestly think Barak is gonna crack, and expect him to be "hospitalized for an undisclosed illness for an undetermined time" after November.

Is it that many? You've got:
Oil spill
Afghan War
Bad economy
Resurgent GOP
But I draw a blank on the rest. Granted one problem is too many for this administration to handle.

btw, I thought Obama's every thought was on the oil spill. Didnt he say that? So how come the last time he mentioned it was weeks ago?

It tells me that Obama is willing to shut down a large percentage of refining capacity over a technicality, throwing thousands out of work.

Yeah, like why bother to actually read the article and maybe find out the facts? Guess you missed that part that says the plants are being allowed to continue operations while the permitting process is revised. Sheesh, don't let the truth get in the way of inventing yourself some good lies.

Do you honestly think that? Try reading the article again.

Not only does the article say exactly that, the relevant passage has already been quoted on this thread by others. But hey, if you wanna invent your own parallel universe where your off-the-cuff lies matter more than the documented truth then be my guest.

Only Two?

Is it that many? You've got:
Oil spill
Afghan War
Bad economy
Resurgent GOP
But I draw a blank on the rest. Granted one problem is too many for this administration to handle.

btw, I thought Obama's every thought was on the oil spill. Didnt he say that? So how come the last time he mentioned it was weeks ago?

Afganistan
Iraq
Oil Spill
Economic Collapse
Iran
Illegal Immigration

This is just off the top of my head.

It does not matter they are being allowed to work while the process goes on. Obama and the Dems seem to lack any understanding of the fact that Business hates uncertainty. The uncertainty alone of maybe not having their permits renewed will drive up prices and hurt the economy.

Just like uncertainty about the financial Reform bill and anything else Obama plans to stick to business is also hurting the economy. Obama is completely clueless about market forces.

It does not matter they are being allowed to work while the process goes on. Obama and the Dems seem to lack any understanding of the fact that Business hates uncertainty. The uncertainty alone of maybe not having their permits renewed will drive up prices and hurt the economy.

Just like uncertainty about the financial Reform bill and anything else Obama plans to stick to business is also hurting the economy. Obama is completely clueless about market forces.

These plants are merely being required to follow the same law that's followed in the other 49 states. Some of those states have refineries. The costs those refineries face due to permitting requirements can be identified very specifically. That is certainty in dollars and cents. You're just blowing hot air.

Three years ago these plants were formally warned by the Bush administration that they were in violation of federal law. You can google the particulars if you care. This is not some big surprise. An oil-friendly administration was serving notice on them. That should tell you something.

No doubt he will blame Bush for all of it.

Over a technicality. How dare he....! Who needs safety regs.

Actually, I will go on record not really caring how safe they are down in TX...they don't want those stinking safety regs anyways. Fine by me. Just don't expect help if everything goes boom!

Just think how Cap & Trade will effect the refineries and gas prices if initiated by the illegal president not qualified under Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5.

I suppose Valero could close the refineries for a month or so to make the EPA happy, then we could find out how much gasoline prices increase when about 25% of the nation's supply disappears.:eusa_whistle:
Typical CON$ervoFascist dishonest BS.

From the link:

The 27 refineries in Texas will continue to operate as EPA weighs changes the Texas commission has proposed to flexible permit rules.

I said Valero could close the refineries

I didn't say they must close the refineries.

But I do appreciate the knee-jerk lableing as a CON$ervoFascist.
And the link said they WILL continue to operate. So we won't lose 25% of the gas supply.

But I do appreciate the typical CON$ervoFascist RATIONALIZATIONS when caught lying.
Thank you.

No doubt he will blame Bush for all of it.

Over a technicality. How dare he....! Who needs safety regs.

Actually, I will go on record not really caring how safe they are down in TX...they don't want those stinking safety regs anyways. Fine by me. Just don't expect help if everything goes boom!

They have nothing to do with safety but with emissions.
But I appreciate your knee jerk reaction that shows what a moron you are.

Typical CON$ervoFascist dishonest BS.

From the link:

And the link said they WILL continue to operate. So we won't lose 25% of the gas supply.

But I do appreciate the typical CON$ervoFascist RATIONALIZATIONS when caught lying.
Thank you.

The only lie is from you.
They can operate while the regulatory process is in motion. What happens when they get to a final answer? The refineries are not in compliance with EPA's new regs. What do you do with an operation not in compliance? Hint, you don't let it operate indefintely.
This is the same mentality that told us Obamacare wouldn't add one dime to the defiicit.

Thank you.

The only lie is from you.
They can operate while the regulatory process is in motion. What happens when they get to a final answer? The refineries are not in compliance with EPA's new regs. What do you do with an operation not in compliance? Hint, you don't let it operate indefintely.
This is the same mentality that told us Obamacare wouldn't add one dime to the defiicit.
Obeying your MessiahRushie's command in the first quote of my sig!!!

They are the same OLD regs that the rest of the states are already in compliance with!!!
They have had 16 years to get into compliance.

buy oils stocks folks,
Obama artificially constricting supply. Oil and gasoline prices are already rising and the world recovery could make them spike.

At the risk of offending all here, I read the article to say that the facilities will remain open until a final ruling. At that point if they fail to have a valid permit they will be closed by the EPA.

There is also a reference to changing the standards in the permits (tighter), so I can only assume that will close at least some of the plants. I arrive at that conclusion, because the flexible permit allows are a cumulative air quality score, which helps some dirtier plants function with the better quality of other plants.

Diamond Moves Second Drilling Rig Out of Gulf
Diamond Offshore Drilling said Monday it would move a second deepwater rig out of the Gulf of Mexico to waters off the Republic of Congo due to a U.S. drilling moratorium, and the industry expects others to follow.

The U.S. government issued a revised moratorium on deepwater oil drilling on Monday, which it said would last until Nov. 30. An earlier drilling suspension, issued on May 27, was lifted by a U.S. Appeals Court on July 8.

The government had imposed the six month moratorium on drilling in water more than 500 feet deep after the April 20 blowout on a Transocean-owned RIG that caused a catastrophic oil spill.

Diamond's move is with the same customer, Murphy Oil, but the old four-year contract running to March 2012 has been restructured into a one-year Gulf of Mexico commitment set to restart when Murphy feels it can get permits and meet regulatory requirements.

On Friday, Diamond became the first company to pull a rig out of the Gulf of Mexico because of the deepwater moratorium.

Oh I see , refinery explosions have nothing to do with policing the safety of refineries?

Just like hiring people to oversee the oil companies who fuck and suck them instead of overseeing them has nothing to do with corruption.

Forum List

Back