This Is How Republican Law-Makers Feel About Free Speech, To Hell With It!

She got her two minutes to be rude and obnoxious and then tried to filibuster further, then it was bye bye. I've testified before committees before and their very strict on time when there are allot of people waiting and that is the way it should be.

I'm waiiiitting......!!!

Will you go away if I do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxWhoKYb2lY]RAW VIDEO - Protesters arrested at St. Louis healthcare forum that turned into a protest - YouTube[/ame]
That's all you got? Some YouTube vid of some small time criminals being arrested?

LOLz!!!
:lol: :lol:
One could post a million examples, but it would be fruitless to do so for someone like you, and that's a fact jack.

She got her two minutes to be rude and obnoxious and then tried to filibuster further, then it was bye bye. I've testified before committees before and their very strict on time when there are allot of people waiting and that is the way it should be.

Which is why seeing it happen, even when Democrats are in charge, is common practice.

MarcATL .............. yes we have freedom of speech ............ but it is a good idea to be careful what you say.
Ask Larry Flint ........ he learned a hard lesson in that.
Eg.
Lets say I started printing a magazine called Girl Scouts Gone Wild, then got real 12 year old nude models that did not reside in the USA.
Now technically ........... technically I would be operating within the Constitution and the law ............ but my rights to Freedom of Speech & Press will not protect me from a bullet or a severe ass whooping.
Conclusion: You must be careful what you say and/or print until GUNS ARE GONE.

Concerned citzen Sarah Slamen excercized her First Amendement rights and addressed the senate in Texas and this is how they rewarded her...

Sarah Slamen DESTROYS Texas Senate Committee And Gets Kicked Out!! (Abortion Bill SB 1) - YouTube

They have no respect for The Constitution.

They only pretend they do when it's for things they like and/or want.

When it's for things they don't like or want, they attack it and attack it well.

Remember Herr Bush's "Freedom Zones?" That was the joke of the century.

Well in the state of TEXX-A$$, they just drag your ass away if they don't like what you have to SAY.

Then they proceed to do they're backroom deals in the shadows.

Business as usual.

Sarah Slamen is not only a great citizen, she's my hero.

Go Sarah!!!

She lost her point with her insults, there is no one in that chamber deserving of this women's hatred...

The Texas Legislature has done nothing wrong and you bumbling fools know it...

I've never once heard someone who is anti-abortion, trash women. See, this is how utterly stupid you leftists are. You can't even think critically enough to understand that opposing abortion doesn't equate hating women. So, if you are pro abortion, this means you love women?

What about the women that are aborted? So, doesn't it logically follow that you must hate babies?
First off, that's what Sarah Slamen said she had to listen to before she was allowed to speak.
What was disrespectful was the parade of anti-choice zealots and misogynists who got up for 13 hours and called women murderers, killers, promiscuous, thoughtless, and selfish. Not a peep from committee chair Nelson on those.
And second, I don't give a shit about abortion! I have no comment on it whatsoever. I'm a guy. I don't have babies and it's not my dance. Don't waste your abortion speeches on me, because I could care less about this issue.

Well, for not giving a shit, you sure have posted quite a few comments about this thread.

:lol:

No, he's right; it would presumptuous to make comments on a process we can't be a part of in the first place.

This isn't an abortion thread -- if it were, I wouldn't have walked in either for that same reason. This is a free speech thread. But I can see how that would have sailed over the heads of those who don't grok what that means.

Once again, Texas logic: if they had simply let the woman exhaust herself, it would have had a short sharp shelf life. By hauling her off they made an issue out of it, created a YouTube video and gave MSNBC some ratings-magnet program material.

Way ta go, Texas Leg :thup:

Concerned citzen Sarah Slamen excercized her First Amendement rights and addressed the senate in Texas and this is how they rewarded her...

Sarah Slamen DESTROYS Texas Senate Committee And Gets Kicked Out!! (Abortion Bill SB 1) - YouTube

When it's for things they don't like or want, they attack it and attack it well.

Well in the state of TEXX-A$$, they just drag your ass away if they don't like what you have to SAY.

Business as usual.

Go Sarah!!!

She lost her point with her insults, there is no one in that chamber deserving of this women's hatred...

The Texas Legislature has done nothing wrong and you bumbling fools know it...

And what "insults" would those be? Got a reference?

:eusa_whistle:

Wait -- did you even watch the video?

How many people speaking out against Obama Care were thrown out of town meetings by democrats and where was your "outrage" then?

Good point. No dissention is tolerated by the Obama administration or they are targeted as enemies of the state.

I am sure that when you address senators that it's expected that you do so in a respectful manner, much like you'd be expected to do in court if you don't want to be removed or cited for contempt. The woman was just ranting in an angry fashion and it shouldn't be tolerated. She merely regurgitated all the liberal talking points one after the other. How anyone can cheer on this sort of ill behavior is beyond me. If she wanted to get her point across, she should have at least tried to speak eloquently, but she made the bad choice to be loud and rude. People don't listen to others when they are yelling, so it's doubtful she wanted them to take her seriously, she just wanted the other liberals to get excited about her display.

During the 1988 Democratic National Convention, the city of Atlanta, Georgia set up a "designated protest zone"[5] so the convention would not be disrupted. A pro-choice demonstrator opposing an Operation Rescue group said Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young "put us in a free-speech cage."[6] "Protest zones" were used during the 1992 and 1996 United States presidential nominating conventions[7]

Free speech zones were used in Boston at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. The free speech zones organized by the authorities in Boston were boxed in by concrete walls, invisible to the FleetCenter where the convention was held and criticized harshly as a "protest pen" or "Boston's Camp X-Ray".[

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poor Marc, you lose.

Marc????

Cat got your fingers?
LOL!!! :lol: Good one.

Where is the evidence of people being dragged away by Democrats for speaking to their Representatives?

A for effort, but F for results. Nice try, but you fail.

LMAO sissy boy.

Do try and comprehend....your side invented the "freezones".......deflection all you got kid?

First off, that's what Sarah Slamen said she had to listen to before she was allowed to speak.
And second, I don't give a shit about abortion! I have no comment on it whatsoever. I'm a guy. I don't have babies and it's not my dance. Don't waste your abortion speeches on me, because I could care less about this issue.

Well, for not giving a shit, you sure have posted quite a few comments about this thread.

:lol:

No, he's right; it would presumptuous to make comments on a process we can't be a part of in the first place.

This isn't an abortion thread -- if it were, I wouldn't have walked in either for that same reason. This is a free speech thread. But I can see how that would have sailed over the heads of those who don't grok what that means.

Once again, Texas logic: if they had simply let the woman exhaust herself, it would have had a short sharp shelf life. By hauling her off they made an issue out of it, created a YouTube video and gave MSNBC some ratings-magnet program material.

Way ta go, Texas Leg :thup:

Why does everyone think that free speech means you can blather on endlessly when someone else invites you to talk for a few minutes? Should the government grind to a halt simply because some idiot decides to ignore the rules and keep talking?

can someone point out to me where there is a right to keep up and speak at a public meeting such as this and start throwing personal insults at our representatives?

that is not what the meeting is about and is a waste of time. she started off fine, insulting policies and texas, but she lost it when she started getting loud and disruptive with nothing but personal insults. and, she is not allowed to talk over the chair.

this thread has zero to do with the first amendment.

Business as usual.

Go Sarah!!!

If your thread title had even a shred of truth, then the loud mouth bitch wouldn't have gotten in one word. As it is, she said plenty and did so in a completely disrespectful manner. There are standards when addressing the senators and she opted to be rude instead.

If you want to see examples of real trampling of freedom of speech, observe the practices of Obama during his town hall meetings. And look at the liberals who try desperately to control our speech by constantly banning words, claiming they are racist or hate speech. They want to force conservative talk show hosts off the air or force them to give up half their time to liberals, who, by the way, are allowed to call in and say their piece now. Just because Air America sucked big time and couldn't even draw liberal listeners, they have a chip on their shoulders.

The woman was given time to speak and decided not to follow any rules and stood there trash talking. Just how long should people put up with ranting and being insulted after the allotted time is up?

Post a single instance of the Democrats doing this.

Please...I beg you.

Just one? What will you do when I do?
I'm waiiiitting......!!!

On September 17, 2007, U.S. Senator John Kerry addressed a Constitution Day forum at the University of Florida in Gainesville, which was organized by the ACCENT Speakers Bureau, an agency of the university's student government. Initially allowed to ask questions after the close of the question period, Andrew Meyer, a 21-year-old fourth-year undergraduate mass communication student, entered into a planned line of questioning and was forcibly pulled away from the microphone. He immediately resisted the campus security and was subsequently arrested by university police. During arrest, the officers asked him repeatedly to stop resisting, but Meyer continued to struggle and scream for help. While six officers held Meyer down[1] one of the officers drive stunned him with a Taser following Meyer's shouted plea to the police, "Don't tase me, bro!"

University of Florida Taser incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you've been bitch slapped on of both of your assertions boy.

Just one? What will you do when I do?
I'm waiiiitting......!!!

On September 17, 2007, U.S. Senator John Kerry addressed a Constitution Day forum at the University of Florida in Gainesville, which was organized by the ACCENT Speakers Bureau, an agency of the university's student government. Initially allowed to ask questions after the close of the question period, Andrew Meyer, a 21-year-old fourth-year undergraduate mass communication student, entered into a planned line of questioning and was forcibly pulled away from the microphone. He immediately resisted the campus security and was subsequently arrested by university police. During arrest, the officers asked him repeatedly to stop resisting, but Meyer continued to struggle and scream for help. While six officers held Meyer down[1] one of the officers drive stunned him with a Taser following Meyer's shouted plea to the police, "Don't tase me, bro!"

That was not a court session! Guess you didn't understand the OP? Guess you bitch slapped yourself?

I'm waiiiitting......!!!

That was not a court session! Guess you didn't understand the OP? Guess you bitch slapped yourself?

ooooooo, sorry....

Marc's challenge was to show where a Dem ever did this....try again next time.

Forum List

Back