This Is All We Want

I just wish you guys would see me as Michael Sam the football player, instead of Michael Sam the gay football player.”

EQUALITY

I understand what he is saying....and agree....BUT...he is the one that decided to share his sexual preferences. I don't see a straight guy in sports announcing "btw, I like women". Like...and? Why should the public care? It's kinda like "I like to wear diapers and suck on a pacifier when I retire after a game". Um. Ok. Thanks for the visual. Not.

So people who see Sam the football player as gay, or sucks a pacifier, or whatever...that is all on Sam, isn't it?

With respect, actually not.

Feeling compelled to ‘keep it to oneself’ is part of the problem.

And wishing to wear diapers and suck on a pacifier as an adult isn’t the same as being gay.

I just wish you guys would see me as Michael Sam the football player, instead of Michael Sam the gay football player.”

EQUALITY

I understand what he is saying....and agree....BUT...he is the one that decided to share his sexual preferences. I don't see a straight guy in sports announcing "btw, I like women". Like...and? Why should the public care? It's kinda like "I like to wear diapers and suck on a pacifier when I retire after a game". Um. Ok. Thanks for the visual. Not.

So people who see Sam the football player as gay, or sucks a pacifier, or whatever...that is all on Sam, isn't it?

And wishing to wear diapers and suck on a pacifier as an adult isn’t the same as being gay.

My point is...why is it so important to announce to the world what sex one prefers??? He is a football player. Great! He is gay. Great! But why the need to tell what one does in the bedroom or with which sex? I don't get it.

My point is...why is it so important to announce to the world what sex one prefers??? He is a football player. Great! He is gay. Great! But why the need to tell what one does in the bedroom or with which sex? I don't get it.
Because it gives liberals a chubby

Sure...and Jackie Robinson could have stayed in the Negro League, or Rosa Parks Parks could have quietly gone to the back of the bus, and women could have stayed barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and not worry about voting, or the black soldier could have not demanded the right to fight at his fellow countryman's side.

It's 2014. Welcome to the 21st century.

Last edited:

Sure...and Jackie Robinson could have stayed in the Negro League, or Rosa Parks Parks could have quietly gone to the back of the bus, and women could have stayed barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and not worry about voting, or the black soldier could have not demanded the right to fight at his fellow countryman's side.

So...was Sam kicked out of the football team because he said he was gay?
Don't get angry with me. Explain to me so I understand.

You didn't answer her question.

And since when do gays sit in the back of the bus? Equating gay and black history is dumb.

Why do gays "announce" their sexual preference to the world? We don't care. Seriously, most people truly do not give a shit. I get telling your family and friends (although I suspect that most know before they are told) but this whole "coming out" thing is just ridiculous.

Want equality? Then live your life and stop making announcements. Wouldn't it be retarded if people started 'announcing' their heterosexual preferences?

Why do gays "announce" their sexual preference to the world?

If you got it you not only flaunt it, you forcibly shove it down the throats of all heterosexual monogamous peoples. Because you can. You can because you are allowed to by law. You are allowed to by law because the legal system has fallen prey to special interests. The legal system has fallen prey to special interests through intimidation of the Liberal agenda.

Three years to go, folks. IF we make it that far.

Scenario:

The congregation is in church. Let's say Baptist. There are many there. Prayers ensue, singing gospels, the pastor gives his lesson for the day. Some people stand up and ask for prayers for a loved one. Or just to say hallelujah. This has been going on for years at this church. But one of the members brings a friend this time. The friend listens to the days lessons, and may even sing some of the songs. But then that person stands when all the others have finished and says "I am a witch. I do magic. Sometimes white magic..sometimes black magic". Some are aghast. Some shrug. Some don't care. They came for God. The members have nothing to do with their individual relationship with God, but they like gathering in that church so there they are. Doing their thang.

Now why would this person announce that? For what purpose? To be accepted by christians who study the bible and will not suffer a witch? Just for the attention? Just because?
And if some of the members that care begin to rant and rave at this person, why would this person be angry? If they had kept their mouth shut about their own belief, no angst would have happened.

So tell me the whys and wherefores of this..compared to this guy who said he was gay. I don't care if he is gay. If he is a good football player, great! But some DO care. And he knew that before he announced it. And finally...has he been kicked out because he is gay?

You don't see the correlation? And I'm not angry at you, sweetie. Your little innocent questions that lend nothing to the conversation merely amuse me. Read the OP again to see where you erred or wander off nonchalantly...I don't care.

You don't see the correlation? And I'm not angry at you, sweetie. Your little innocent questions that lend nothing to the conversation merely amuse me. Read the OP again to see where you erred or wander off nonchalantly...I don't care.

Wow. Ok then. I know where the door is.

Toodles.

It's going to be really awkward is some NFL team showers next year

And since when do gays sit in the back of the bus? Equating gay and black history is dumb.

Why do gays "announce" their sexual preference to the world? We don't care. Seriously, most people truly do not give a shit. I get telling your family and friends (although I suspect that most know before they are told) but this whole "coming out" thing is just ridiculous.

Want equality? Then live your life and stop making announcements. Wouldn't it be retarded if people started 'announcing' their heterosexual preferences?

Heterosexuality is shoved down our throats every day. Nobody thinks twice when they see a man and a woman kissing or holding hands because they love each other. Gays wish for the day when they can kiss or hold hands because they love each other with the same lack of notice.

That's the problem. You don't want to discuss homosexuality because you fear it and it's place in your comfortable little world.

so...was sam kicked out of the football team because he said he was gay?
Don't get angry with me. Explain to me so i understand.

you don't see the correlation? And i'm not angry at you, sweetie. Your little innocent questions that lend nothing to the conversation merely amuse me. Read the op again to see where you erred or wander off nonchalantly...i don't care.

wow. Ok then. I know where the door is.

Toodles.

ttfn!

Heterosexuality is shoved down our throats every day. Nobody thinks twice when they see a man and a woman kissing or holding hands because they love each other. Gays wish for the day when they can kiss or hold hands because they love each other with the same lack of notice.

That's the problem. You don't want to discuss homosexuality because you fear it and it's place in your comfortable little world.

Well that's just it. Heterosexuality isn't shoved down your throat. No one is "coming out" or "announcing" their hetero preference (that's part of the shoving) we are just living our lives. <--- pssst, that isn't "shoving" anything. The gays say they want equality. Ok, then do what heteros do ... live your life, stop 'announcing' your sexual preference (most of us don't care. Really). The more you react to any 'looks' the more you stand apart. Put on your big pants and ignore those who have a problem with your lifestyle (and there will always be those people, deal with it).

Right. Which is why gays "come out" and "make an announcement" to the world ... so they don't get noticed and draw attention to being gay. :rolleyes:

I 'fear' the gay? :lol: What a bs talking-point bubble you live in. I don't want to discuss heterosexuality either. Am I afraid of that too? Just live your life and be happy and stop worrying about what the other guy thinks.

btw, you still haven't answered Gracie's questions.

Forum List

Back