Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
This Energy Company Wants To Legally Dump Coal Ash Waste Into Virginia Rivers

This Energy Company Wants To Legally Dump Coal Ash Waste Into Virginia Rivers
by Alejandro Davila Fragoso Jan 12, 2016 8:00 am
76B0013-1024x683.jpg

CREDIT: Alejandro Davila Fragoso
The Possum Point Power Station will transfer millions of gallons of treated water from toxic coal ash ponds into Virginia's Quantico Creek if the state water board decides Thursday to allow Dominion, an energy company, to do so. The same could happen in the James River with another Dominion owned facility.

DUMFRIES, VA — From their spacious living room, Taya Barnett and her husband Donald could look out the window Sunday afternoon and see Virginia’s Quantico Creek in all its grandeur. It was rainy but pleasant. Droplets fell here and there on the back porch. All while the blue sky revealed itself through the clouds that reflected on waters that flow through the largest protected natural area in the D.C. metropolitan region, as it reaches the Potomac River.
“We just love it here,” said Mrs. Barnett, who alongside her husband has been enjoying old age by the creek for two decades.
But pretty as it is, Quantico Creek has been battered over the years by a great deal of man-made harm. Mining, silting from development, an invasive plant species and reportedly years of chemical leaching from a power station have scarred this 13-mile tributary that’s nonetheless home to myriad birds, fishes, and other wildlife. Human fallout on the creek isn’t finished, however, as it now faces a new source of contamination: coal ash polluted water.

WTF? I mean seriously, why would anyone support trashing this river?

Geeze...many industries treat waste water before releasing to waterways and it is all legal.

Dumbass.

Geeze...many industries treat waste water before releasing to waterways and it is all legal.

Dumbass.
The issue is what is left in the treated water, you stupid ass. If is not clean water, if it has unacceptable levels of toxins in it, then it will poison the river. Not that you give a damn in any case.

Dumbass.
The issue is what is left in the treated water, you stupid ass. If is not clean water, if it has unacceptable levels of toxins in it, then it will poison the river. Not that you give a damn in any case.
And yet, your beloved unlimited government allows it... Dumbass!!!

Dumbass.

Considering they will need a State issued discharge permit that sets limits for various contaminants, I would assume they would have to meet any requirements the State applies.

Also, the article writer needs to learn the difference between milligrams per liter and micrograms per liter.

Last edited:

Dumbass.

Well since the same government whom you praise to the heavens about their stance on Climate Change is the one approving it, you should be all for it.

I mean you said they're never wrong....

Hey under Snyder's watch in Michigan they made people pay for lead water. Its only middle and lower class people harmed. Nobig deal. I hope to god we start to see lawsuits over this. Bring in the lawyers I say.

Why do they HAVE to dump it in the river? Put it in peoples pools. See how they like it.

Hey under Snyder's watch in Michigan they made people pay for lead water. Its only middle and lower class people harmed. Nobig deal. I hope to god we start to see lawsuits over this. Bring in the lawyers I say.
You posted in the wrong thread.

Yes but my point is hey if people get sick or something no big deal. At least that's the way some see it.​

Forum List

Back