This CNN article was trolling for a response

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Obama apologizes for Okinawa incident - CNNPolitics.com

The title kind of suggest that Obama apologized for nuking Japan during WWII but when you read it he was talking about a particular crime committed by a US marine a few years ago. On this I think Obama is correct because US soldiers can't violate the laws of the countries they are in. However, CNN worded the title in such a way as to get someone to click it in anger. Some people don't even bother to read the articles and would just look at the title.

Why is the media exaggerating and misleading it's readers? Shouldn't the readers demand accurate information? It is a part of the product that they purchased.

What does Okinawa have to do with Hiroshima/Nagaski?

It does plainly say "Okinawa" in the article title, does it not?
You know that Okinawa's an island not on, or even near, mainland Japan, do you not?

Maybe not. So blame CNN.

• Banned

Why point out he is kind of saying he was sorry when their is speculation that he might do that in the other two cities? They know that someone who doesn't know or didn't read enough of it will click it in anger and they get a tick in their advertisement revenue.

Why point out he is kind of saying he was sorry when their is speculation that he might do that in the other two cities? They know that someone who doesn't know or didn't read enough of it will click it in anger and they get a tick in their advertisement revenue.

Once again ---- where does this title "speculate" any such thing?

You insert something that clearly isn't there, and then want to blame the headline that never said that? Reading comprehension... not to mention -- who would ever refer to Hiroshima/Nagasaki as an "incident"? :rolleyes:

"A poor workman blames his tools".

The gonad is always apologizing for something,how about an apology for the last seven and a half years of total fuck ups on his part

• Banned

You insert something that clearly isn't there, and then want to blame the headline that never said that? Reading comprehension... not to mention -- who would ever refer to Hiroshima/Nagasaki as an "incident"? :rolleyes:

We know Obama and the democrats like to soften their words to hide what they really mean. I know some people are already speculating that because I have read articles on some web pages. I don't have to validate every fucking think I say either. It is the truth. Some people already think this is going to happen because I know how a lot of right wingers think. The people at CNN probably know that as well so they create a title that is going to get a response. It is called trolling. It obviously worked because it got me. I don't see why CNN has to use such deceptive tactics with their readers.

We know Obama and the democrats like to soften their words to hide what they really mean. I know some people are already speculating that because I have read articles on some web pages. I don't have to validate every fucking think I say either. It is the truth. Some people already think this is going to happen because I know how a lot of right wingers think. The people at CNN probably know that as well so they create a title that is going to get a response. It is called trolling. It obviously worked because it got me. I don't see why CNN has to use such deceptive tactics with their readers.

So you pluck stuff out of your own Imaginarium ---- with no printed word suggestion whatsoever ---- and then you want to blame what the printed word didn't even say. Now you're having diaper rash because the story didn't say what you hoped it would have said despite the title already spelling that out.

Can't make this shit up.

Let me guess --- you'd say CNN should have titled the article "Obama Apologized for Okinawa Incident But For You Partisan Wankers Looking For Hiroshima Dirt, This Story Does Not Involve That "Incident"".

Amirite? :rofl:

• Banned
Let me guess --- you'd say CNN should have titled the article "Obama Apologized for Okinawa Incident But For You Partisan Wankers Looking For Hiroshima Dirt, This Story Does Not Involve That "Incident"".

Correct. They know people are going to click to find information about Obama apologizing for nuking them. I didn't say every reader would do this but a sizable percent would. It is a little deceptive but it works.

So you pluck stuff out of your own Imaginarium ---- with no printed word suggestion whatsoever ---- and then you want to blame what the printed word didn't even say. Now you're having diaper rash because the story didn't say what you hoped it would have said despite the title already spelling that out.

Can't make this shit up.

I did speculate and I assume other people were speculating as well since the democratic party wants to apologize for everything that the United States did to them and don't call that speculation because there is proof that democrats have done this. There is no written evidence that Obama is going to do this but judging by the pattern of the democratic party and considering that this is the first time ever that a president has visited this site it is conceivable that he is planning to apologize. Whether or not he does is a different matter all together but I don't see why I have to work so hard to point out the obvious to other people. It makes me wonder if you are brain dead retarded if I have to connect the dots for you!

Correct. They know people are going to click to find information about Obama apologizing for nuking them. I didn't say every reader would do this but a sizable percent would. It is a little deceptive but it works.

So you actually clicked in to look for O'bama apologizing for nuking Okinawa.

'Nuff said.

Can't make this shit up.

I did speculate and I assume other people were speculating as well since the democratic party wants to apologize for everything that the United States did to them and don't call that speculation because there is proof that democrats have done this. There is no written evidence that Obama is going to do this but judging by the pattern of the democratic party and considering that this is the first time ever that a president has visited this site it is conceivable that he is planning to apologize. Whether or not he does is a different matter all together but I don't see why I have to work so hard to point out the obvious to other people. It makes me wonder if you are brain dead retarded if I have to connect the dots for you!

Exactly -- you ass-umed. On no evidence whatsoever.
Even given "Okinawa".

Forum List

Back