Thirty years of dot-com: relive the 1990's World Wide Web

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
hp-90s-website.gif

With more @ Thirty years of dot-com relive the 1990 s World Wide Web - Telegraph

Dot-com at 30: will the world's best-known web domain soon be obsolete? @ Dot-com at 30 will the world s best-known web domain soon be obsolete - Telegraph

Should I relive all the frustration and angst when owning a computer in the 1990's?

One of the true surprises to me was the death of the Commodore system.
The Commodore 128 was a great computer. A HUGE library of software including Word Perfect, DBase and some of the best print options at the time.
The Amiga computer was at least 5 years ahead of IBM and Mac. And in the 90's five years ahead of others would be like 20 years ahead today.
Hands down the Amiga OS was better than M$ and Mac. For one - it didn't crash 35 times a day.
But it had terrible management, the Commodore management plan was - "hey our system is obviously faster, 100 times more reliable and our software library for business use is more than our competitors..so we don't need to advertise...they will realize for themselves and come running!!!" --- Not.

To this day, my favorite computer was my old C-128. I did everything with that thing. Including, all joking aside, I made one of the first "e-cards" anywhere.
In 1986 I made an interactive graphical "card" for my girlfriend. Depending on her answers, the graphics would change. It was my VERY geeky way of asking her to go steady with me. She did.

Forum List

Back