Third Party or Party Loyalty?

Why do you think I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate?
Because you think voting for a candidate that has 3% support is the hipster thing to do.

So I am supposed to vote for a train wreck who isn't fit to lead the nation instead because they have more than 3% support?
Why participate at all if you know you can not win?
Likewise why vote at all if you know the person you're supporting can not win?
The same people run time after time on the third party tickets & they are soundly rejected by the voters time after time. How stupid do you have to be to not see you're wasting your time.

So unless you vote for the winner you're wasting your time? It's that kind of asinine thinking that sticks us with shitty people running our government year after year. Based on your logic, why hold elections at all?

Wasting my time would be voting for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton when neither one of them represent me.

Personally, I've never believed in voting third party. I feel that our President should have been voted for by the majority of Americans (over 50%, which is increasingly hard as more candidates are allowed to field themselves).

Well that's a stupid fucking reason. You may as well be against stem cell research because math skills are important to grocery shopping.

I'll be writing in.

I always planned on voting for Gary Johnson once Rand Paul left the race, so that has not changed any

With the electoral college , a third party candidate is a waste of time. That's just the way it is. Now MAYBE if it were a direct vote a third party candidate could get enough votes, but the electoral college guarantees a POTUS from one of the two major parties.

Personally, I've never believed in voting third party. I feel that our President should have been voted for by the majority of Americans (over 50%, which is increasingly hard as more candidates are allowed to field themselves).

Well that's a stupid fucking reason. You may as well be against stem cell research because math skills are important to grocery shopping.

I'll be writing in.
Or I could actually believe that it is important to have more than half of the population vote for their leadership rather than against it. Seems a bit like common sense to me.

I'll be writing in.
Or I could actually believe that it is important to have more than half of the population vote for their leadership rather than against it. Seems a bit like common sense to me.

You can believe it all you like. It's still a stupid fucking reason to not vote for a particular person you otherwise would support.

I'll be writing in.

You can believe it all you like. It's still a stupid fucking reason to not vote for a particular person you otherwise would support.
Did I ever say I voted for somebody I didn't support? In fact, I've said that in this election, where I would likely support neither candidate from a major party I am heavily considering a third party candidate...which would indicate that I tend to care about who I vote for rather than blindly vote by party.

I always planned on voting for Gary Johnson once Rand Paul left the race, so that has not changed any

With the electoral college , a third party candidate is a waste of time. That's just the way it is. Now MAYBE if it were a direct vote a third party candidate could get enough votes, but the electoral college guarantees a POTUS from one of the two major parties.

It does no such thing whatsoever

Forum List

Back