Third Marysville Student dies.

That is your claim, but you have no evidence to show it is accurate. But I have numbers from other countries who introduced very strict gun laws, and they show quite the opposite.

Yeah, you can say that, but it's horseshit. The only country you cite is Japan, which has a history of thousands of years of ritual suicide.

Bullshit. I posted a link to suicides in Australia. And the number of suicides went up after they introduced very strict gun laws, and then cam back down to a level slightly higher than before. So stricter gun laws had no beneficial effect on suicides.

And you forgot about defensive use of a gun which didn't result in a death. Many times merly showing the gun stops the incident. I'll show you my links after you show me yours.

FBI mdash Expanded Homicide Data Table 15

Here you go, guy, from the FBI, no less.

201 self defense deaths by civilian shooters.

And sorry, no, given the way you gun nuts jizz on this board with the fantasies of all the people you just can't wait to fucking shoot, I find it hard to believe you show that much restraint.

What you believe is not relevant. That civilians use guns to stop crimes, and do so without killing anyone is accepted by everyone BUT you. The argument is over how many times it happens.

Your claims at the bloodthirstiness of gun owners is nothing but you projecting.

What you believe is not relevant. That civilians use guns to stop crimes, and do so without killing anyone is accepted by everyone BUT you. The argument is over how many times it happens.

No, it's never been over. It'll be over when you guys actually come up with studies that aren't all over the map.

But the real number- 201 fatalities - most of those probably domestic arguments - shows guns don't save lives.

They just take them.

So rare they barely register?? LMAO!!!

That is hilarious, since the number you use is still higher than the number of people killed in mass shootings by crazies. And yet, you demand we change teh gun laws because of these rare events.

The FBI says that the incidence of mass shootings is up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html?_r=1

And even with the "increases", they are still around 1/4 of the 201 number that you like to spout.

So why is one relevant and the other rare and insignificant? You spent numerous pages going on and on about Lanza and Holmes. You based your arguments on them and their ilk. And yet you ridicule the people who claim guns are used for self defense, and do so by claiming it has only happened 201 times.

Well according to the FBI there have been 486 people killed in mass shootings in the last 13 years, and 366 in the last 7 years. So there is an increase, yes. Over 13 years we averaged 37 deaths by mass shooting, and the increase in the last 7 gives us an average of 52 deaths from mass shooter.

Why are those numbers relevant, but the 201 is not? Aside from your laughable idea that the 201 represents the entire number of times guns were used to stop a crime, why are those justifiable homicides not relevant? If they are truly justifiable, the criminal was shot for threatening someone's life.

People kill a criminal in defense of their life almost 4 times more often then a crazed mass shooter kills anyone. But you ridicule one and focus your gun fantasies on the other.

No, it's never been over. It'll be over when you guys actually come up with studies that aren't all over the map.

But the real number- 201 fatalities - most of those probably domestic arguments - shows guns don't save lives.

They just take them.

Those are listed as Justifiable Homicides. In order for it to be that, someone must have been defending their life when they killed someone. If you are against that, you are not just insane, but an idiot. Oh....wait....

Oh you like FBI crime stats? I like FBI crime stats, too.....
Correlation doesn't equal causality.
Inverse correlation disproves your argument that access to guns causes mass shootings.

Mass shootings are caused by mental illness, not access to guns.

Crime is down because our population is aging.
Link?

And Joey here claims that people who died in drunk driving accidents were not killed by the booze. It was the car that killed them.

They just take them.
You only show the fatalities. Why aren't you also showing non-fatal defensive shootings?

Why are you so ashamed of your position that you feel the need to knowingly lie, especially since it's obvious that everyone check your work?

They just take them.
You only show the fatalities. Why aren't you also showing non-fatal defensive shootings?

Why are you so ashamed of your position that you feel the need to knowingly lie, especially since it's obvious that everyone check your work?

And there you have the crux of arguing with Joey. His claim is that gun owners are so bloodthirsty that they would kill every time they used a gun to defend themselves or stop a crime. So his conclusion is that it only happened 201 times per year.

And there you have the crux of arguing with Joey. His claim is that gun owners are so bloodthirsty that they would kill every time they used a gun to defend themselves or stop a crime. So his conclusion is that it only happened 201 times per year.

Actually, it isn't my claim.

It's the reality of listening to all you fucks get on here and fantasize about all the kids you want to shoot.

It's listening to you guys cheer when an unarmed child like Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown are shot in the street.

If I think you're bloodthirsty, it's because you keep thirsting for blood here.

If crazy people can't get guns, they cant do mass shootings. This really isn't complicated.

The British, Canadians, Germans, Japanese, Italians and French have ALL FIGURED THIS OUT.

So mass killings are ok, as long as they don't use guns??

Well, they area lot harder to pull off when you don't have one, aren't they?

Actually, it isn't my claim.

It's the reality of listening to all you fucks get on here and fantasize about all the kids you want to shoot.

It's listening to you guys cheer when an unarmed child like Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown are shot in the street.

If I think you're bloodthirsty, it's because you keep thirsting for blood here.

Really? Because I am the one you have argued with the most on gun topics. And you include me in that "bloodthirsty" category. Can you show any links to my cheering anyone being murdered??? (I can show YOU cheering a couple)

Oh, and why is your cheering the murders of people based on their beliefs just fine. But being willing to shoot a criminal in defense of your life, or your family, being "bloodthirsty"?

Those are listed as Justifiable Homicides. In order for it to be that, someone must have been defending their life when they killed someone. If you are against that, you are not just insane, but an idiot. Oh....wait....

dead husband, wife with a black eye, the cops call it "justified".

If he was threatening her life, I call it "justified" too.

If crazy people can't get guns, they cant do mass shootings. This really isn't complicated.
Crazy people will always get guns if they want them, and in the rare case they can't, they'll make bombs out of pressure-cookers. #BostonMarathon

The British, Canadians, Germans, Japanese, Italians and French have ALL FIGURED THIS OUT.
Are you sure you want to say that after the Canadian Parliament shooting earlier this year, or the 43 students shot in a school in Mexico?

So mass killings are ok, as long as they don't use guns??

Well, they area lot harder to pull off when you don't have one, aren't they?

Not at all. I could kill a hundred people and spend less than the cost of a nice gun. And do so with one trip to the grocery store.

Forum List

Back