Second Seattle Victim Dies as Community Grieves

When I was a kid, all guns had trigger locks and were also locked in a gun cabinet or rack. I do the same...

Mine too...and my father's before...yet I never had a problem finding where he hid the key to the gun locker or the liquor cabinet when I was a kid. When he got a locker with a combination lock I was able to hone my future hacking skills figuring out the combination....which turned out to be easy, he had it written down on a piece of paper he kept in his wallet.

Point is...there is no such thing as foolproof security and an determined person will find a way to breach security standing in between themselves and what they want. That's not saying not to take reasonable security measures...but it's not a panacea.

Rule 1: Shit happens
Rule 2: When all your best precautions fail, refer to rule 1.

You're probably right.
From all accounts, the shooter was a well liked, normal boy. It was just a quick mindless action that prompted the boy because he was embarrassed. The locked gun would have saved lives.

It wasn't quick, he took the gun went to school, either drove or walked, took a bus?

The shooting took place at 10:43 am, several hours after school started.

This was a intentional shooting.
Yes, he had hours to change his mind.

So it wasn't a "quick mindless action," he had time to think over his actions.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Your are right it was not a quick mindless action. Today I read he actually texted his friends and family members ( who he shot) to meet him in the cafeteria.

We have no good reason. He had hours to change his mind. If only...

I'm proud to say that I voted for I 594. Hopefully it will pass. The last poll I saw on it had 72% approval and support for be initiative. We will find out a week from tomorrow.
Gonna have to cancel out your vote. The initiative wouldn't have prevented this.

I agree, it might have been another law broken, however it would prevent what happened.
How so?

What is I-594?
Initiative 594 is the latest and most comprehensive attempt to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners in the Evergreen State. Although proponents describe it as a “universal background check” measure, Initiative 594 is in reality a universal handgun registration scheme. Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.

Sorry Ice, I meant it would not prevent what happened, just another law possibly broken. Thanks for catching that.

When I was a kid, all guns had trigger locks and were also locked in a gun cabinet or rack. I do the same...

Mine too...and my father's before...yet I never had a problem finding where he hid the key to the gun locker or the liquor cabinet when I was a kid. When he got a locker with a combination lock I was able to hone my future hacking skills figuring out the combination....which turned out to be easy, he had it written down on a piece of paper he kept in his wallet.

Point is...there is no such thing as foolproof security and an determined person will find a way to breach security standing in between themselves and what they want. That's not saying not to take reasonable security measures...but it's not a panacea.

Rule 1: Shit happens
Rule 2: When all your best precautions fail, refer to rule 1.

You're probably right.
From all accounts, the shooter was a well liked, normal boy. It was just a quick mindless action that prompted the boy because he was embarrassed. The locked gun would have saved lives.

It wasn't quick, he took the gun went to school, either drove or walked, took a bus?

The shooting took place at 10:43 am, several hours after school started.

This was a intentional shooting.
Yes, he had hours to change his mind.

So it wasn't a "quick mindless action," he had time to think over his actions.

Your are right it was not a quick mindless action. Today I read he actually texted his friends and family members ( who he shot) to meet him in the cafeteria.

We have no good reason. He had hours to change his mind. If only...

It was premeditated, I am changing my mind on him, it wasn't a mental issue, he was a cold blooded murderer. He was an evil person.

I'm proud to say that I voted for I 594. Hopefully it will pass. The last poll I saw on it had 72% approval and support for be initiative. We will find out a week from tomorrow.
Gonna have to cancel out your vote. The initiative wouldn't have prevented this.

I agree, it might have been another law broken, however it would prevent what happened.
How so?

What is I-594?
Initiative 594 is the latest and most comprehensive attempt to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners in the Evergreen State. Although proponents describe it as a “universal background check” measure, Initiative 594 is in reality a universal handgun registration scheme. Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.

If you're a law abiding citizen of Washington state no one is going to prevent you from buying a gun. If you're a criminal or have a history of domestic abuse or have mental problems you won't be able to get a gun.

Stop lying about the law. It's for background checks. If you're a criminal or a domestic abuser or have mental problems then I can see why you don't want this law.

It seems to me that you might fall within one of those three categories since you feel the need to lie about the initiative.

You're out of luck again. Us liberals are going to vote for that initiative. There are more of us liberals here in Washington than of you conservatives. I'm sure you're used to losing at the ballot box if you've lived in Washington for very long.

Both my husband and I voted for it. Everyone I know is voting for it. The last time I checked the polls it had 72% in favor for the initiative. Now that this shooting has happened, I'm sure more will want to vote for it. While it might not have stopped this shooting from happening, it will stop future crazy people from legally getting a gun. Innocent lives will be saved and that's the whole purpose of this initiative.

You have to register your car as being sold or that you bought one to the state. No one is confiscating cars. The federal background check has been in place for years. No one is confiscating guns because of that law.

Your paranoia and lies won't work here in Washington and you know it. So why not just be honest?

What is I-594?
If you're a law abiding citizen of Washington state no one is going to prevent you from buying a gun. If you're a criminal or have a history of domestic abuse or have mental problems you won't be able to get a gun.

Stop lying about the law. It's for background checks. If you're a criminal or a domestic abuser or have mental problems then I can see why you don't want this law.

It seems to me that you might fall within one of those three categories since you feel the need to lie about the initiative.

You're out of luck again. Us liberals are going to vote for that initiative. There are more of us liberals here in Washington than of you conservatives. I'm sure you're used to losing at the ballot box if you've lived in Washington for very long.

Both my husband and I voted for it. Everyone I know is voting for it. The last time I checked the polls it had 72% in favor for the initiative. Now that this shooting has happened, I'm sure more will want to vote for it. While it might not have stopped this shooting from happening, it will stop future crazy people from legally getting a gun. Innocent lives will be saved and that's the whole purpose of this initiative.

You have to register your car as being sold or that you bought one to the state. No one is confiscating cars. The federal background check has been in place for years. No one is confiscating guns because of that law.

Your paranoia and lies won't work here in Washington and you know it. So why not just be honest?
You're talking out of two sides of your ass. You claimed it was about background checks and then admit it IS about registration. It's none of your or the government's business what I own. The federal check has been in place so this doesn't help with those ineligible. This bill would have done NOTHING about the school shooting but libs respond to headlines and eat the propaganda, and unfortunately vote.

This is a classic example of why the initiative process is wrong, most people don't understand or even read it. And there's no right to own a car here, you are the one doing the spin.

What is I-594?

You're talking out of two sides of your ass. You claimed it was about background checks and then admit it IS about registration. It's none of your or the government's business what I own. The federal check has been in place so this doesn't help with those ineligible. This bill would have done NOTHING about the school shooting but libs respond to headlines and eat the propaganda, and unfortunately vote.

This is a classic example of why the initiative process is wrong, most people don't understand or even read it. And there's no right to own a car here, you are the one doing the spin.

I said that to show you that doing the background check, like dealers have to do, has not resulted in any gun being confiscated. Which means your assertion about lists and confiscation is nothing but paranoia garbage or lies to make sure you can get a gun when you shouldn't have one. I don't think they have to report the sale. All that's required is that a background check is done. If the person is shown to be a criminal, have mental problems or is a domestic abuser won't get a gun.

You may like living in your fantasy world where everyone is out to get you but here in reality we use our brains and realize that not everyone should have a gun. The honor/ trust system we've endured all these years has not worked thus far. Too many crazy people end up being able to buy gun and innocent people die. Too many criminals can just walk into a gun show or go on line and buy a gun for their next crime.

Sane, rational people realize the only way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, people with mental problems and those who commit domestic violence is to check to see if that person buying a gun is a criminal, has mental problems or is a domestic violence abuser. The loophole that allows certain gun sales to not check out who they're selling to has caused innocent lives to be lost. The background checks that dealers have to do has not caused gun confiscation. It has helped to make it impossible for those who shouldn't have a gun to get one legally.

I will never understand why you people think it's just fine and dandy for a criminal to walk into a gun show or go online to buy the gun they're going to use in their next crime. Or that you value life so little that you would put your fantasy paranoia before innocent lives and common sense laws.

How so?

What is I-594?

Please, I tire of the liberal conservative rhetoric. What part of initiative 594 would have prevented this cold blooded killer from getting a gun?

I said that to show you that doing the background check, like dealers have to do, has not resulted in any gun being confiscated. Which means your assertion about lists and confiscation is nothing but paranoia garbage or lies to make sure you can get a gun when you shouldn't have one. I don't think they have to report the sale. All that's required is that a background check is done. If the person is shown to be a criminal, have mental problems or is a domestic abuser won't get a gun.
We've seen examples in other countries on what happens once government has a list of what you own. If I want to sell a tool to someone I don't want to be on a list.
You may like living in your fantasy world where everyone is out to get you but here in reality we use our brains and realize that not everyone should have a gun. The honor/ trust system we've endured all these years has not worked thus far. Too many crazy people end up being able to buy gun and innocent people die. Too many criminals can just walk into a gun show or go on line and buy a gun for their next crime.
You're full of shit. Which is typical. Online purchases have to go through a FFL. But they don't keep a list. I'd rather all gun sales go through a FFL than what you're wanting but your side is filled with the clueless masses manipulated by those marching towards registration and confiscation. I didn't imagine what went on in Canada, England, Australia, etc.
I will never understand why you people think it's just fine and dandy for a criminal to walk into a gun show or go online to buy the gun they're going to use in their next crime. Or that you value life so little that you would put your fantasy paranoia before innocent lives and common sense laws.
I will never understand why people like you don't look at the facts and argue purely from emotional appeal.

When I was a kid there was no such thing as school shootings.
Only after the flood of Saturday Night Specials, the glorification of the gun culture and the evolution of the NRA from a hunter safety organization into a lobby for gun manufacturers have we been saddled with school tragedy after tragedy.

When I was a kid there was no such thing as school shootings.
Only after the flood of Saturday Night Specials, the glorification of the gun culture and the evolution of the NRA from a hunter safety organization into a lobby for gun manufacturers have we been saddled with school tragedy after tragedy.
LOL! A liberal excusing the fact that moral decay is the culprit. People used to be able to order guns from a Sears catalog. Guns weren't the problem then, libs think it is because they are too intellectually dishonest to face facts. I've never seen the NRA publish anything but responsible gun ownership. FAIL.

Forum List

Back