“Think about negative consequences”.

Never heard of that paper...

As I've heard Putin was informed of the attack and told to get out of the way, rumors are circulating the two agreed upon the attack as Putin wasn't a fan of gas either. ~shrug~

As I've heard Putin was informed of the attack and told to get out of the way, rumors are circulating the two agreed upon the attack as Putin wasn't a fan of gas either. ~shrug~

tons more sources, same story google it.

I would rather be positive than negative. I doubt Trump is too worried about Putin.
Guess Putin doesn't have Trump in his pocket after all, huh?

9:40 a.m.

A communication link between the U.S. and Russia used to protect their pilots flying sorties over Syria was used ahead of an American missile strike on the country.

The so-called “deconfliction line” is operated by the U.S. military’s Central Command at the sprawling al-Udeid Air Base in Qatar. It serves as a crucial link to make sure the increasingly crowded Syrian airspace doesn’t see any accidental collisions or attacks on each other.

Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis says: “U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield” targeted in Syria’s Homs province. U.S. Central Command did not immediately respond to an Associated Press query on specifics of how the line was used.

About 60 U.S. Tomahawk missiles launched early Friday hit the Shayrat air base, southeast of the city of Homs, a small installation with two runways. The attack came in response for a chemical weapons attack Tuesday in Syria.

--

The Kremlin says President Vladimir Putin believes that the U.S. strike on a Syrian air base is an “aggression against a sovereign state in violation of international law.”

Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in Friday’s statement carried by Russian news agencies that Putin believes that the U.S. has dealt the strikes under “far-fetched pretext.”

Russia has argued that the death of civilians in the Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun on Tuesday resulted from Syrian forces hitting a rebel chemical arsenal there.

Peskov said that the U.S. has ignored past incidents of the use of chemical weapons by Syrian rebels. He argued that the Syrian government has destroyed its chemical weapons stockpiles under international control.

The Express is an English right-wing jingoistic newspaper. It is a reliable source of information if not the spin.

The Russians gave their assurance some time ago that it would remove all declared Syrian gas stock. For Trump to claim that the attack by the Syrians involved the use of a nerve gas has questioned Russia. It must be admitted that Trump acted quickly and there is truth in the Russian claim that such action must have been planned for some time. This would not be unusual because the U.S. military has plans at-the-ready in preparation for any eventuality.

Putin must be furious to witness the attack on one of his client states in the Middle East and home to the Russian Mediterranean fleet. It is quite believable that he will condemn it as an attack on a United Nations sovereign country and likely to help radical terrorist forces in Syria. As for future co-operation between the United States and Russia in the Middle East, all bets are off now. The United States, in the Russian view, by this attack, has placed itself in the position of a supporter of terrorism.

The only negative consequence is why we waited so long and allowed Assad to gas so many people. Obama's "Red Line in the Sand" is a sad reminder to that fact.

Yeah! And China was at the dinner table.

Watching poor little Siete chase her own tail is fall down hilarious. First she creates the false narrative that President Trump is Putin's bitch. But when that fails, she attempts to generate a new false narrative - that President Trump is pissing off Putin and that that is somehow bad for the U.S.

Which is it, snowflake? :laugh:

Yesterday I watched "The Rachel Maddow Show" and under it found an interesting comment:

I'm an Orthodox Christian with family missing in Syria. Obama's position - that Assad must go - was dictated to him by his (and Hillary's) Saudi masters, who wants to replace Assad with a Wahabbi satellite state with the intent of wipping out Christians and other religious minorities. I'm not a fan of Assad, but he is the only thing standing beetwen these groups and complete genocide. Obama and Hillary have willingly turned their back on these groups in exchange for money from Saudis. They would have continued to do so until every last member of a religious minority was dead. Say what you want about Trump, but he's right on this one. Hillary's loss most likely saved my family.

It is hilarious and the paranoid schizophrenic babbling of elected democrats are going to make dealing with Russia harder. Democrats are assholes.

Watching poor little Siete chase her own tail is fall down hilarious. First she creates the false narrative that President Trump is Putin's bitch. But when that fails, she attempts to generate a new false narrative - that President Trump is pissing off Putin and that that is somehow bad for the U.S.

Which is it, snowflake? :laugh:
Why did that narrative fail ? Its not been proven or disproved.

Why did that narrative fail ? Its not been proven or disproved.
It's juvenile, not befitting a national dialogue about the future of our country. Its a distraction and an obvious propaganda campaign aimed at creating a liberal class willing to elevate the provocations against Russia.

Syria isn't our problem. The Middle East isn't our problem. A tribal people cannot be bombed into becoming civilized. Stop it Trump.

The Express is an English right-wing jingoistic newspaper. It is a reliable source of information if not the spin.

The Russians gave their assurance some time ago that it would remove all declared Syrian gas stock. For Trump to claim that the attack by the Syrians involved the use of a nerve gas has questioned Russia. It must be admitted that Trump acted quickly and there is truth in the Russian claim that such action must have been planned for some time. This would not be unusual because the U.S. military has plans at-the-ready in preparation for any eventuality.

Putin must be furious to witness the attack on one of his client states in the Middle East and home to the Russian Mediterranean fleet. It is quite believable that he will condemn it as an attack on a United Nations sovereign country and likely to help radical terrorist forces in Syria. As for future co-operation between the United States and Russia in the Middle East, all bets are off now. The United States, in the Russian view, by this attack, has placed itself in the position of a supporter of terrorism.

Putin is laughing his ass off that we just wasted 70 million dollars blowing up a Syrian air base.

Forum List

Back