Think about it

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
I rant about how dumb the republican pr machine is so let me show you how easy it can be to turn this thing around without spending all that money on consultants.

We need a new campaign with the motto: think about it!

Here is the first ad to kick it off:

A father and mother and their ten year old daughter named Julia are having a private conference with Julia's teacher. Julia has been caught giving a classmate the answers to a test and then lying about it. The teacher says that the girl Julia helped was the most popular girl in class and Julia thought that by giving her the answers to a test Julia might then be able to get into their clique. When the teacher noticed that two tests had the same answers she asked Julia about it and Julia told her she didn't know how that happened. Julia's parents tell their daughter she doesn't need the approval of other girls to be a wonderful person and that lying is not honest and often brings harm to other people. Julia looks up and with tears in here eyes asks her mother,"why is lying bad? Barack Obama lies all the time and he is President! Mom and dads and the teachers eyes get real big and they look at each other speechless and in disbelief.

The screen goes black and in white letters LYING MATTERS appears, a few seconds later WHO YOU VOTE FOR MATTERS TOO appears in white letters underneath. Finally at the bottom of the screen comes the new motto of the campaign THINK ABOUT IT!

Now you can do similar ads with themes from Benghazi, the irs, obamacare, foreign policy, and executive orders all ending with Think About It. Keep it on issues and not on personalities. This will get peoples attention and bring association to a new motto.

See! That wasn't so hard.

Now, how do we pay for the ads? By getting rid of the middlemen and the gatekeepers. The tea party needs to set up a website where anyone can submit their political ads or offer up specific election strategies. Then we could use the strategies of kick starter. Let the bigwigs and money men pick the ads they would like to run. This would harness the imagination and skill of thousands of conservatives creating a kind of public relations Borg.

Think about it.

I need to expand a little on the kick starter analogy. I am definitely not computer literate but as I understand it kick starter works by letting people contribute money to ideas that they like. So that if a lot of people really like something the contributions can add up to serious money that the creator can use to put his product on the market. I feel the same could be done with ads as well, with the added benefit of them being market tested. Besides, I would much rather contribute money to causes in that way instead of throwing away whole forests of paper that come to me every day with requests for money, which go straight from the mailbox to file 13. This could be a game changer.

Thank you HH. I read the promo and like a bunch of stuff lately I read it over again and I'm still not getting it. Sounds like regular partisan organization showered with used bit coins. I'm just not feeling it, but thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention.

Julia's parents are at fault for not teaching her all politicans lie and to never put her faith in a single one.

(Oh and Mom and Dad should have taught Julia, cheating and lying are wrong)

it sounds like Julia will grow up to be the perfect politican.

I'm curious of an example of where President Obama lied? I grant you his comments on keeping your existing healthcare policy was a mistake as who knew just how bad much of the coverage was. That though is not a lie. Show us a genuine lie. Please be very specific for I doubt you can even do it.

"The most common lie is that which one lies to himself; lying to others is relatively an exception." Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm curious of an example of where President Obama lied? I grant you his comments on keeping your existing healthcare policy was a mistake as who knew just how bad much of the coverage was. That though is not a lie. Show us a genuine lie. Please be very specific for I doubt you can even do it.

"The most common lie is that which one lies to himself; lying to others is relatively an exception." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Show us a genuine lie. Except the obvious one. That doesn't count for some odd reason."

The coverage wasn't bad. If it was, people wouldn't have wanted to keep their policies.

However, if you really want another lie, how about his bogus claims about focusing like a laser on the economy. The man has claimed at least 29 times that now his administration is going to be focused on fixing the economy. And yet he still hasn't done a thing.

Or how about "Im going to close Guantanamo Bay on day one of my Presidency."

Still not closed.

"Or I will bring transparency to the white house"

Seriously, do you really need us to continue? We could fill pages of discussion with his lies.

Thank you HH. I read the promo and like a bunch of stuff lately I read it over again and I'm still not getting it. Sounds like regular partisan organization showered with used bit coins. I'm just not feeling it, but thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention.
I looked it over, too. Appears to me like a sort of networking and organizing clearing house.

Want to eliminate regressive sales taxes on grocery items? Start a group and see how many like-minded people you can attract.

[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]

Just as I thought all fails. First, healthcare should be healthcare, that it didn't meet certain basic standards is hardly the fault of the president. This is about knowledge not lying. America is rated 37th maybe he should have known but.

Guantanamo was stopped by congress, you do realize we have a system of checks and balances. The issue became explosive quickly, it was a partisan neocon circus, and all you have to say is 'potential terrorist' and the Chickhawks pee their pants. Also a promise un-kept is not a lie.

Transparency is the same as above, talk rather than reality. Overall though I see transparency as partisan blather, meaningless spin to confuse the easily confused. What is it that is hidden? I see nothing substantive.

Did you forget the stimulus and how much good that did? Again the republicans have stopped every job's bill put forward. And how about minimum wage? A great tool for the economy. No lie there.

I think when it comes down to reality about the Obama presidency, the right will never acknowledge how well we are doing now compared to republican rule. They cannot bring themselves to be honest about Barack Obama's accomplishments.

Next, please.

Thank you avatar for pointing out the obvious. One of the reasons the lie ad works so well is because it cannot be refuted. It is factual. People like midcan worry me because they will not recognize this. They would follow Obama right over the cliff irregardless. The companion point to this is that people like midcan apparently put partisan politics above their country no matter how much harm their party does to the country. Let's go over the points midcan makes.

First he(or she) poo poos the lies about healthcare. You all know what they were. The point is these were not small white lies these were lies affecting one sixth of the us economy and these were lies that tipped the scales of the laws passage and were used to reelect Obama. Had the truth been known the law would not have passed, so obamas lies are no small matter. So as far as the country goes our healthcare is in worse shape than before the laws passage and we are spending more money than before. As far as how bad everyone's insurance was that is only a myth perpetuated by democrats with no proof. 85 per cent of people insured were happy with their insurance.

Guantanamo. Ah yes. Heretic Holder wanted to try these bad boys on the continental US in our own courts and then house them in our prisons. Would you midcan take responsibility for anyone killed by terrorists trying to make a statement during a trial in NYC? Ok we won't call it a lie, we will just call it grandstanding by a politician that didn't know what he was talking about.

Transparency, only a rabid partisan would try to spin that one so that Obama really didn't say it. Do some research midcan if you want to have any credibility and you want to make your fellow partisans proud. The Obama administration has prosecuted more whistleblowers than any other administration in history.

Jobs bills. I think there are something like 150 pieces of legislation passed by the house waiting for the senate to take them up. They aren't all jobs bills but Harry Reid is the greatest obstructionist in modern American history. He is the gatekeeper and heavy as he does obamas bidding and makes the president look above it all. And midcan, can you say Obama is for jobs when he won't approve the keystone pipeline, a project even wanted by the unions. I guess you missed the memo about the union boss that called Obama gutless for his decision on the pipeline.

Other lies
Shovel ready projects
Red lines
Not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS scandal
Phony scandals

Think about it

"Show us a genuine lie. Except the obvious one. That doesn't count for some odd reason."

The coverage wasn't bad. If it was, people wouldn't have wanted to keep their policies.

However, if you really want another lie, how about his bogus claims about focusing like a laser on the economy. The man has claimed at least 29 times that now his administration is going to be focused on fixing the economy. And yet he still hasn't done a thing.

11931_760172030671331_5668679221747033267_n_zps68d63ae9.jpg

But, he cannot do it alone. As long as the Repubs are fighting against jobs and economic recovery, it will be slow going.

Yes luddly that is what has been reported. What has also been reported is that the economy grew at 0.1 per cent last quarter, and that the labor participation rate is at its lowest level in forever. More people, not just retires, are leaving the labor force and will have to be supported in some way.

Food prices have skyrocketed as has gas. Most of which don't get reported as part of govt consumer statistics. Housing is hitting the skids. Student loans have blossomed to 1.2 TRILLION. And our debt keeps expanding even as people like you talk about how the deficit is coming down.

Here's an example of liberal rationale when it comes to the economy. When most of America wanted to drill drill drill for oil liberals said under Obama that it would take 5-7 years to bring production on line. Now that we are producing more oil than ever Obama likes to tout how much oil we are producing, as if it is because of his policies, when in reality it is because of bushes policies 5-7 years ago.

The employment situation is the same deal, by historical standards we should be creating twice as many jobs and having twice the growth rate. If it wasn't for obamas policies we would be helping many more Americans get work, and what Obama and his supporters can't conceive of is that the American people won't wait for someone else to put their shoulder to the wheel, they will do it themselves. Just like the oil and gas boom, if the economy is improving it isn't because of Obama but in spite of him.

I can see now why you consider Obama a liar as your reply is the usual partisan blather. People see the world as they are not as it is. As far as healthcare I've heard nothing but good things so far. Your negative remark is simply off the point and wrong. Dishonest under the circumstances considering America ranked 37th in healthcare before the ACA. Eight million now with HC proves something.

Holder is a heretic? What does that even mean? Again you give yourself away as a thoughtless partisan. America tries criminals all the time. That's what we are about, law and a fair trial, and we have tried terrorists, they are locked up right here in the US of A. Your fears and assumptions make no sense to me. Fear is not a useful position.

I've read they prosecuted five whistle blowers. I don't know the details on these so I'd have a hard time seeing how they fit. But transparency and leaking secrets are different things. Look them up. If you were in the military or worked in a large corporation you may understand what a code of conduct was and then could make an informed comment rather than broad brush criticism. Show the lie not the assumption.

The house republicans have not done a single job's bill, if they have please reference it. Their bills are usually to lower taxes or destroy regulations, nothing new here, it all they've ever done. Fifty votes to repeal a law of the land should strike any sane person as absurd. The Keystone pipeline will create few permanent jobs, that is fact. Saying it would and knowing the facts would be a lie. The other items you mention are not lies either. So far no lies have been substantiated, but I already knew that. It may just be you believe the BS machine that takes form after the republicans lose elections, the presidency twice.

Here's a piece you may enjoy. http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ning-and-otherwise-engaging-in-criticism.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/321885-rat-lies.html#post8078590
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...241-answers-to-all-your-questions-on-uhc.html

Yes luddly that is what has been reported. What has also been reported is that the economy grew at 0.1 per cent last quarter, and that the labor participation rate is at its lowest level in forever. More people, not just retires, are leaving the labor force and will have to be supported in some way.

Food prices have skyrocketed as has gas. Most of which don't get reported as part of govt consumer statistics. Housing is hitting the skids. Student loans have blossomed to 1.2 TRILLION. And our debt keeps expanding even as people like you talk about how the deficit is coming down.

Here's an example of liberal rationale when it comes to the economy. When most of America wanted to drill drill drill for oil liberals said under Obama that it would take 5-7 years to bring production on line. Now that we are producing more oil than ever Obama likes to tout how much oil we are producing, as if it is because of his policies, when in reality it is because of bushes policies 5-7 years ago.

The employment situation is the same deal, by historical standards we should be creating twice as many jobs and having twice the growth rate. If it wasn't for obamas policies we would be helping many more Americans get work, and what Obama and his supporters can't conceive of is that the American people won't wait for someone else to put their shoulder to the wheel, they will do it themselves. Just like the oil and gas boom, if the economy is improving it isn't because of Obama but in spite of him.
He does not care.

It is just another opportunity for him to race bait. It really is all they have left.

Forum List

Back