Things the wackjob right wants to get rid of

According to the OCED. the top 3 nations in Education, China, Finland, and Korea all have something in common and that is they are all state funded, and mandatory. The United States currently ranks 17th and in 2011 we climbed to 14th. If this nation ever hopes to compete in the Global economy in the future, we will need to educate our young people in math and science and invest in them. It would seem to me that this sort of investment is the best sort of tax investment our nation could make for the long term future of our nation. If we as a nation retract from this and raise the white flag to nations such as China, then we have already left our young people with a dim future and one they do not deserve.

From the inception of the Dept of Ed, our children's education has deteriorated, not improved.

they want the post office dead too.

its in the constitution.

that proves they dont give a rats ass about the constitution.

they want what gorver wants.

USA lying dead in the tub with its lungs full of water and its heart motionless

we don't have to want the post office dead, it already is..but hey, lets just let us taxpayers keep throwing money at it...it brings all your junk mail
Post Office has made its own money since the 70's......

Yeah, we just don't spend enough money on education compared to those countries....not.

Uh, last time I checked the TOP universities in the world mostly reside in the USA, not Finland, China, South Korea, etc. Those countries send their students in mass to our country, not the other way around.

Oh, you need to work on your education because there isn't a country called Korea. :clap2::badgrin: No wonder we're so bad in education.....

So we don't compete in the Global Economy right now? People around the world don't use Macs, Iphones, Microsoft, our airplanes, our cars, etc.....what planet do you live on?

According to the OCED. the top 3 nations in Education, China, Finland, and Korea all have something in common and that is they are all state funded, and mandatory. The United States currently ranks 17th and in 2011 we climbed to 14th. If this nation ever hopes to compete in the Global economy in the future, we will need to educate our young people in math and science and invest in them. It would seem to me that this sort of investment is the best sort of tax investment our nation could make for the long term future of our nation. If we as a nation retract from this and raise the white flag to nations such as China, then we have already left our young people with a dim future and one they do not deserve.

wow a whole lot of righties who hate the founders and the constitution.

big fucking lying going down here on the right

Look who is now interested in respecting the constitution. :lol::lol::lol:

The Post office should have been privatized 50 years ago, unfortunately, now it is so over burdened with pension fund liabilities and federal laws prohibiting tampering with those funds it's worthless. One fact remains, this government couldn't run a cool aide stand on the corner without screwing it up.

what?.....

In 2006, Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. This law requires the Postal Service to do something that no other business or government agency has to do–pre-fund its FUTURE retiree health care benefits. This is a 75 year liability that has to be paid in 10 years. The Postal Service makes a payment of approximately $5.5 billion on September 30 at the end of every fiscal year to meet this obligation. The Post Office has been paying these benefits the past four years into a trust fund for employees who have not even been born yet. This is the burden that is creating the “financial crisis” for the Post Office. The recession that has gripped America the past few years has undoubtedly affected the Postal Service, but even in the worst economic times since the great depression, the USPS has had a net profit of $611 million dollars. Unfortunately, the red ink associated with the post office is the mandated pre-funding since 2006.

This onerous payment is barely being reported in the media. Another fact not being widely circulated is that independent agencies and the government itself have concluded that the USPS has overpaid into its two retirement systems. The Post Office has excessively funded the Civil Service Retirement System by at least $50 billion dollars, and the Federal Employees Retirement System around $7 billion dollars. This gives Congress an opportunity to fix the problem by passing H.R 1351, the United States Postal Service Pension Obligation Recalculation and Restoration Act of 2011. This bill, among many introduced in Congress, is the only one that will address the pressing financial concerns of the post office in a responsible manner without eliminating jobs and services to the American public. The bill introduced by Rep. Stephen Lynch has 211 co-sponsors. This will not be a bailout or cost the citizens of the United States a single penny in taxes. It will simply transfer the overpayments in the retirement system into the future retiree health care obligation. If this law is passed there will be no other company in the United States that can claim two fully funded pensions and a fully funded current and future retiree health care benefits plan.

From the inception of the Dept of Ed, our children's education has deteriorated, not improved.

The Dept of Education provides only about 10% of the funding for our childrens education. The rest is provided at the state and local level. Curriculum, textbooks, teacher hiring and standards are decided at the state and local level

The US has a hodgepodge of school systems with differing standards. Don't like our schools blame states rights

According to the OCED. the top 3 nations in Education, China, Finland, and Korea all have something in common and that is they are all state funded, and mandatory.

The ones at the bottom of the list also have those same exact things in common.

it's a rat hole in which to piss away money.

The USPS hasn't gotten taxpayer dollars since the 80's genius.

And it still operates at an annual loss which means the money to offset that loss comes from where exactly? The Obama printing press of course... Thin air.

except for a good deal of the nineties it has usually always operated at a loss,it is suppose to hopefully break even......and since 2006 (thanx to those who purposely passed a bill in 06 designed to cripple it and hopefully lead to the privatization of it) it has never been hurting financially like it is.....if they stop having to make those payments every year,even with the asshole in charge now,there should some improvement....

The founders wanted to PAY for the post office.

why do you want to kill it?

:eusa_shhh:We don't want to kill the Post Office. We just want the gov't to leave their hands off the money the Post Office makes so they can run it. Each year the gov't takes more and more from the profits the P O makes and the P O just gets weaker.

:eusa_clap:you must be a fellow worker......

its in the constitution.

The Post Office is hemorrhaging money. Mostly due to outrageous Union benefits.

As for "not giving a rat's ass about the constitution", Obama's sure proven lately that he doesn't give a fig about it.

bullshit.....

its in the constitution.

The Post Office is hemorrhaging money. Mostly due to outrageous Union benefits.

As for "not giving a rat's ass about the constitution", Obama's sure proven lately that he doesn't give a fig about it.

bullshit.....
It's mostly due to the massive inefficiencies, and terrible methodology created by monopoly that is proving to be obsolete and outperformed by private providers.

i'm not a right winger but i will say, that this was the biggest mistake this country ever made electing a Muslim to lead this country. He has done more damage then any president in our history. i can not and will not vote for Obama or any of the incumbents in washington. Its time to clean house

i'm not a right winger but i will say, that this was the biggest mistake this country ever made electing a Muslim to lead this country. He has done more damage then any president in our history. i can not and will not vote for Obama or any of the incumbents in washington. Its time to clean house

Second biggest, Bush was the biggest seeing as Obama has carried out all of Bush era policies and Bush was so horrid it made a ridiculous human like Obama look believable as President.

POst office - OUT OF CONTROL! And unconstitutional, right?
Giant money pit...You cannot deny that.

its just terribly managed....i mean the Post Master general started out as a clerk .....and this guy is controlling a multi-billion Dollar agency.....the guy could not run a 7/11.....
It's a monopoly and a borderline anachronism...The only reason it's still in business is the feds propping them up,

The right wants to get rid of:

The entire Department of Education, which includes but is not limited to:

Elimination of Pell Grants
Elimination of federally subsidized student loans

Hell yes.

The entire Department of Energy, which includes but is not limited to:

Elimination of Nuclear weapons - these weapons, while its arguable we don't need so many, are crucial to our national security. Why the right would want to eliminate them is beside me.

Elimination of Nuclear weapons intelligence - also handled by the DOE, our knowledge of our enemies AND friends nuclear weapons arsenal - even today - are crucial.

What, these responsibilities could not be reassigned? I'm guessing you don't deal well with change...just a guess.

Elimination of Marketing of hydroelectric power from existing hydroelectric structures to consumers. whatever you feel about developing future hydro-power, why wouldn't we want to use hydro-power that's already available?

Relax, the market will respond...unless of course it's hindered by the EPA, environment laws, and all the wonder that is the federal government crawling up the ass of business.

The Dept of Education provides only about 10% of the funding for our childrens education. The rest is provided at the state and local level. Curriculum, textbooks, teacher hiring and standards are decided at the state and local level

The US has a hodgepodge of school systems with differing standards. Don't like our schools blame states rights

Perhaps true, but with HUGE strings attached. Way to much central control at the state level, much less having the feds involved. 'No Child Left Behind' is but one very bad idea, in my opinion.

If that's the case then what the fuck does it actually DO for it's $77 billion?

:lol:

The founders wanted to PAY for the post office.

why do you want to kill it?

Because it is helping bankrupting the country. If all these unions did not expect unrealistic benefits it might still be ok but the money that we have to pay out in pensions is crazy

If that's the case then what the fuck does it actually DO for it's $77 billion?

Almost 2/3 are for Pell Grants. The rest is for aid and incentives to local districts

http://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/budget/history/edhistory.pdf

Forum List

Back