They're doing it again: Media starts picking 2012 GOP candidates

Some tough days are coming and that calls for a tough guy. Newt Gingrich. I'd love to see Obama and Newt one on one. BO would piss his pants.

Newt is a lightweight, he always was. Even as Speaker he was in over his head and was an embarassment.

Obama would crush him on the issues and on personal integrity, which Newt sorely lacks

You're here ten minutes and already you're denying you said what can easily be quoted from the post you said it in.

And it's YOU who has proclaimed Foxnews a non-reputable pollster.

btw, what was your point again? Specifically, in regards to what you allege the CNN poll is doing? You really didn't make that clear in the OP.

Same posting pattern.
Same side-step avoidance of substantive debate and discussion.

I've seen your act before.
It's old.

Don't hold out for a Tony...You won't win.

I'm trying to debate you, but you have to have a point first, AND, you can't deny what you've said in one post 2 posts later.
:lol:

Oh my point is made...But YOUR inability to recognize it isn't my fault, nor is it anyone else's fault.

Seek out ex-lax.
Maybe that will clear things up for you.

But if Palin doesn't run, it throws the whole calculus out the window. Another name that gets a lot of attention is Newt Gingrich. I think it's a 50/50 chance at least one of the four won't run.

If Palin doesn't run it's a huge boost to Huckabee because they're the two Christian fundies in the race. If Palin runs, and hangs in there, she will pretty much guarantee Romney wins.

Palin is in headlong downslide now, btw, her chances are all but dead.
You may be onto something with the Palin vs. Huckabee dynamic. I can imagine a big battle in Iowa for evangelical voters between those two, then Romney takes New Hampshire. No idea how Gingrich fits into it though.

Huckabee snuck up on the rest of the GOP in Iowa in '08, unless people like Romney are idiots, they won't let that happen again.

Romney has been quietly building up his bid, much of it out of the attention of the media.

Oh Cantor. I would vote for Cantor in a heartbeat. But he is in the house, and I don't see him giving up that job for a run.
....Not without all o' his props, anyhow.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_AkcwoFwk&NR=1[/ame]

(...Besides....does he really want to risk being "outted", during a Presidential-run?? :eusa_eh: )​

Same posting pattern.
Same side-step avoidance of substantive debate and discussion.

I've seen your act before.
It's old.

Don't hold out for a Tony...You won't win.

I'm trying to debate you, but you have to have a point first, AND, you can't deny what you've said in one post 2 posts later.

Oh my point is made...But YOUR inability to recognize it isn't my fault, nor is it anyone else's fault.

Seek out ex-lax.

If your point is that the media is manipulating the polls to make certain candidates look stronger or weaker than they are then you have to provide some evidence of that, other than just saying so.

Since you haven't done that, you haven't done anything of substance.

Throw Pence into the mix. He could be a "spoiler".
Please!!

That gutless, little wimp can barely look Obama in-the-eyes, when asking a question!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ[/ame]

Shit! He'd pass-OUT, during an actual-debate!!!!

Obama would turn him, every-way-but-LOOSE!!!

493.gif

Why do we take the mainstream media seriously? It's propaganda, not to mention a mouthpiece representing the government or military. The lies, omission of information, fear-mongering and blithering nonsense never stop on CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/FOX.

Last edited:
This is the $64,000 question... who is actually going to throw their hat in the ring? It's hard to know who the front runner is unless we know who's going to be in it. One thing's for sure though, this race is going to get interesting.

The front runners are already clearly Palin, Huckabee, and Romney.
But if Palin doesn't run, it throws the whole calculus out the window. Another name that gets a lot of attention is Newt Gingrich.
BZZZZZZT!!!!!!!

Sorry. He's got impeachable-tendencies.....​

"One woman, Anne Manning, has come forward and confirmed a relationship with him during the 1976 campaign. "We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'"

gingrich.gif

Last edited:
In 2008 the Republicans in Ohio had no voice in who was to be the Nominee. McCain had already been chosen. Had he had anyone left on the ballot i doubt he could have carried the Ohio Primary.

I hope that next election we do get a chance to be heard (after all it seems we are so important in the general election) And I hope I can vote for someone instead of against Obama. And I would vote for almost anyone against Obama.

Seek out ex-lax.

If your point is that the media is manipulating the polls to make certain candidates look stronger or weaker than they are then you have to provide some evidence of that, other than just saying so.

Well...Why?

Liberals, such as yourself, get to make these kinds of assumptive comments all the time, without providing unbiased proof.

I provided logical cognitive reasoning, given the facts at hand....And you dismiss it.
Again, that's not MY problem. It's yours.
It always HAS been yours, and it always WILL be yours :lol:

You've always believed that because YOU dismiss something out of hand (which is only a cutsie little trick to get under the skin of your online 'prey')...That truly makes the thing invalid. Newsflash for you -- it doesn't.

It's not always about you. :eusa_shhh:

Ok...I'll admit....that YOU believe I haven't done that.

:cool:

Please!!

That gutless, little wimp can barely look Obama in-the-eyes, when asking a question!!!!

493.gif

Who would WANT to look the man in the eyes...He's an empty suit.

:eusa_eh:

Why do we take the mainstream media seriously? It's propaganda, not to mention a mouthpiece representing the government or military.
Please!!!!

It's bu$ine$$; nothing-more, nothing-less.....as it's ALWAY$ been.

All the networks are trying to out-scoop each-other....and, ALL the $pon$or$ want to back the winner (for their increased-exposure).​

Please!!

493.gif

Whew!!! That gutless, little coward (Pence) is afraid of an empty-suit???? :eusa_eh:

Hell.....he's (even) more-useless than I thought!!!!

Please!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ

493.gif

Whew!!! That gutless, little coward (Pence) is afraid of an empty-suit???? :eusa_eh:

Hell.....he's (even) more-useless than I thought!!!!

Naaahh....He just doesn't want to waste his time on him.
Like all those voters did a few years ago.

This is the $64,000 question... who is actually going to throw their hat in the ring? It's hard to know who the front runner is unless we know who's going to be in it. One thing's for sure though, this race is going to get interesting.

The front runners are already clearly Palin, Huckabee, and Romney.
But if Palin doesn't run, it throws the whole calculus out the window. Another name that gets a lot of attention is Newt Gingrich. I think it's a 50/50 chance at least one of the four won't run.

Agreed, and I'm starting to get teh feeling it's gonna be Palin.........:(

In the last presidential election cycle, we saw some solid conservative candidates get blown out of the water by the media's unspoken but tenacious insistence that THEY pick the GOP candidate for president.

And, like lambs to the political/proverbial 'slaughter'...Most didn't even realize it was happening, and/or, didn't care one whit about it. They followed along, and put their mark on the ballot, like good little children, accepting the media's choice in the race against "the one".

Well...It's beginning again, and is shouldn't surprise anyone.
These kinds of stories have been few and far between over the past year, but I've seen at least 3 different polls come out over the past few weeks, with differing results. All done by media outlets and NOT reputable polling orgs.

Link: CNN 2012 Poll: Obama and Palin going in different directions?
(snip)
Two-thirds of Republicans questioned say they would likely support Huckabee as their nominee in 2012. The former Arkansas governor and 2008 GOP presidential candidate is considering another bid for the White House. So is another candidate from the last election, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Fifty-nine percent of Republicans say they would likely support Romney. That number drops to 54 percent for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, who is also contemplating a run for the White House.
Read the rest at the link....

Huckabee?
Are you serious?

*He favors a total ban on smoking in public, even outdoors.
*He agrees with Michelle Obama's "food police" notions.
*He used his faith in an attempt to gain votes in the Iowa caucus (I attended the caucus in my district), and then dropped his faith like a hot 'tater when he made his way to New Hampshire. (Yes, this tactic could be chalked up to simple campaign strategy, but, for a "man of the cloth" who apparently wants to reform our constitutional republic into a quasi-theocracy, this was a man merely "pimping" his faith when necessary). He then used his faith again, telling voters that he didn't understand why Christians weren't voting for him, and that they weren't thinking of their faith first, if they didn't vote for him.

I wouldn't vote for him for dog-catcher, much less president.

Just be good little mediabots and do as they direct you to do.
Resistance is futile.

And you know...If we're all going to be honest, we DO look to certain pundits who we usually agree with, to give their input/feedback as to the "worthyness" of a candidate.

However, simply doing as they say....Is, by default, letting THEM make up YOUR mind for you.

A vote is too important to do such a thing.

Listen to them if you must...Take their advice if you feel it necessary.
But, think through your final decision on your own.

Seek out ex-lax.

Well...Why?

Liberals, such as yourself, get to make these kinds of assumptive comments all the time, without providing unbiased proof.

I provided logical cognitive reasoning, given the facts at hand....And you dismiss it.
Again, that's not MY problem. It's yours.
It always HAS been yours, and it always WILL be yours :lol:

You've always believed that because YOU dismiss something out of hand (which is only a cutsie little trick to get under the skin of your online 'prey')...That truly makes the thing invalid. Newsflash for you -- it doesn't.

It's not always about you. :eusa_shhh:

Ok...I'll admit....that YOU believe I haven't done that.

:cool:

Is there something I've claimed as fact that I haven't provided enough evidence for that you would like to challenge me on?

I CAN dismiss what you've claimed out of hand because there is nothing that needs to be refuted.

You're claiming the media is picking your candidate. What does that even mean? In 2007 at this time the polls had Giuliani leading. So was the media picking Giuliani? Did he win?

You're just throwing a fit because Mike Huckabee did well in one poll and you don't like Mike Huckabee. That's really all that's going on here.

Forum List

Back