They’re Coming for Mike Lee

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
They re Coming for Mike Lee RedState

It is extremely notable that Manu Raju of the Politico has written that the establishment intends to destroy Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)See Full Scorecard97%. Raju serves as the court stenographer for the Senate GOP leadership. His pieces are routinely littered with the conventional wisdom and talking points of the Senate GOP leadership. He has more than once anticipated Senate GOP leadership strategy based on their conversations with him.

So when Manu Raju says the establishment intends to go on offense against the tea party by beating Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)Heritage ActionScorecardSen. Mike Lee97%Senate Republican Average63%See Full Scorecard97% in the Utah Republican Primary, we can be sure Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)67%, the NRSC, etc. will be stepping aside and failing to give Lee the support they gave Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS)51%, etc.

Of note, the story focuses on Jon Huntsman, Sr., who remains well respected in Utah. Huntsman, you will recall, is the man who spread the rumors about Herman Cain in 2012, in an effort to help his son, Jon Huntsman the lesser, run for President. All he managed to accomplish was taking out Herman Cain and getting his granddaughter an MSNBC show.

Get out your checkbook's and be prepared to plant your knee in the tiny balls of Karl Rove if he tries this.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/connca...-establishment-want-to-compromise-on-n1934709

“He’s been a tremendous embarrassment to our family, to our state, to our country to have him as a U.S. senator," Huntsman, last seen feeding Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) false rumors about Mitt Romney, told Politico.

John Huntsman is about to make a lot of enemies.

If he goes after Lee, his son will feel it for as long as he is in politics.

Utah is as conservative as it gets and Huntsman will rip apart loyalties like nothing else.

But that is his choice....afte rall, cons go after mods all the time (and have been steadily winning).

But Huntsman risks a great deal more than his name (which is going to get pretty muddy).

Me, I welcome the fight. It will shut the fucker up.

From the comment section.....

Mike Lee is the best and I would vote for him for President in a minute if he were ever to run. I hope he wipes the floor with Huntsman.

Just keep in mind that it is his son that might run against him.

Huntsman won't make that case in Utah.

Not be a long shot.

Additionally (and this would be good), he'd wake a sleeping giant. Utah conservatives have gotten to complacent. They need to start kicking ass and taking names.

Forum List

Back