they raised taxes on the wealthy

the year of the crash what was the top tax rate?

Doesn't really matter. It's irrelevant.

Crashes are supposed to happen. It's how the market corrects itself when we are dishonest, proud, and careless with our money. It's nature's way (And Nature's God's way) of telling us to get our lives back in order.

It's when government tries to manipulate the economy to "prevent" these crashes that we have problems. That's what Hoover's response was. And FDR piled on even more and the Depression that could have lasted mere months ended up lasting for 12 years.

So you're going to try to say im stupid for saying that your premise that only government can build infrastructure by citing links showing private companies building infrastructure costing more?

You do realize that if your argument is correct and private individuals building infrastructure costs more than having the government build it, then you've just proven my point that private individuals and businesses can build infrastructure, right? You've destroyed your own argument and you dont even realize it.

Sometimes watching how people think is the most peculiar thing.

If you admit the fact that the government is more efficient in building infrastructure and supply utilities then I will happily admit that the private sector can do it more shittly.

I don't admit it whatsoever. You've already proved my point. I have no need to admit something I see no support for.

Now the game is afoot.

Your lies wont hold up anymore.

leaving millions of Americans without a home of their own is real class warfare

Please explain the connection between a rich Californian and millions of Americans without a home that justifies raising the rich guy's taxes. You have evaded answering for 16 pages now.

Last edited:
If only the Libs could suck every dollar from the people who actually have money.
I wonder if they would be happy then....

You people are claimig the rich would leave the country when they didnt leave at 90+%

No. We are claiming the rich would leave the state of MD because of increased cost of living there.

We didnt comment anything about Federal tax rates, which are incredibly misleading because they had significantly more tax deductions and exemptions when the tax code was that high.

TM makes the funniest threads. Everyone is a liar that does not agree with her... That is pretty ,uch every single person in this or any of TM's threads.

dear idiot that is the republican claim on why we cant raise rich peoples taxes

What was the top tax rate from 1920S TO THE CRASH OF 1929?

When you adjust the top income bracket into today's dollars, you had to earn $35,000,000 before you hit the top bracket of 67% in 1917.

In 1936, you had to earn about $80,700,000 before you were in the top bracket of 79%.

1936 was the peak, with the income you had to earn to reach the top bracket steadily dropping until today you only have to earn $379,000 to be in the top bracket.

The point is that looking at top tax rates in a vacuum is a fool's game.

The end result is that the amount of revenue the federal government takes in has been fairly stable since the end of WWII, regardless of what the top tax rate was.

Government SPENDING, on the other hand, has NOT been stable.

21dlq38.jpg

in what link was this?

did you answer?

When you adjust the top income bracket into today's dollars, you had to earn $35,000,000 before you hit the top bracket of 67% in 1917.

In 1936, you had to earn about $80,700,000 before you were in the top bracket of 79%.

1936 was the peak, with the income you had to earn to reach the top bracket steadily dropping until today you only have to earn $379,000 to be in the top bracket.

The point is that looking at top tax rates in a vacuum is a fool's game.

The end result is that the amount of revenue the federal government takes in has been fairly stable since the end of WWII, regardless of what the top tax rate was.

Government SPENDING, on the other hand, has NOT been stable.

21dlq38.jpg

in what link was this?

did you answer?

Yes. Are you reading your own topic? I provided the link after the first time you asked. Your tax bracket theory is trounced.

And I have asked you since page one to please explain the connection between a rich guy in California and millions of people who lost their homes that justifies raising the rich guy's taxes.

dear idiot that is the republican claim on why we cant raise rich peoples taxes

We have countless reasons why raising taxes on successful people is a bad idea.

Yet you can't name one that has any bassis in reality. Perhaps if you where to leave your fantasy world...
Furthermore that BP oil spill was so succufl. JP mo2bil losing 2 billion dollars was also a huge succusss, those bankers destroying the economy that was also a huge succuss.

90fucking % and they did not leave as claimed

It's amazing that you can't see how stupid you make yourself out to be... The top rate was 90% before deductions, we have gone over this with you so many times it's ridiculous of you to even try and drop the "90% tax rates!!!" bomb.

No one paid 90% of their taxes TM.... You sound ignorant of basic taxes yet you make threads about it.

Repeating the same lie over and over does not have the effect of making you right, it makes you look desperate and dim witted. And yes, claiming people paid 90% taxes and yet they didn’t leave the country is a lie because NO ONE EVERY IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICA PAID 90% of their income to taxes.

Just like today you could be in a 30% taxes bracket and still only pay 22% when all is said and done… deeeeduuuuctions….

We've got one in this thread. When you have high taxes, people go into wealth protection mode rather than wealth creation. That can include moving them or their money out of state thus hurting State revenues.

If you cut taxes and broaden your tax base, rather than raising taxes and narrowing the tax base, you bring in more revenues.

Forum List

Back