They Needed A Study To See This Is True?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I never looked for an "official" excuse to teach my children about how amazing their Black race was in general. I was taught not only about great Black americans, I was also taught everything my parents knew about global Black history. From the Sumerians to the Egyptians to the Nubians to the Dravidians of the Indus valley and the great West African empires, I was taught it all and passed this on to my children. This study voices agreement with what my parents did and what I do now with my children and other Black and east Indian children.

New Study: Black Students Who Are Taught Racial Pride Do Better In School

From the actual study.

"Using data from a longitudinal study of an economically diverse sample of 630 African American adolescents (mean age = 14.5) from a major East Coast metropolis, the results revealed that cultural socialization attenuated the effect of teacher discrimination on grade point average (GPA) and educational aspirations, as well as the effect of peer discrimination on GPA. Also, preparation for bias and cultural socialization interacted to make unique contributions to African American adolescents’ educational outcomes. Finally, there was some evidence that teacher discrimination was more detrimental to the academic engagement of African American males than females. Implications for research and practice are discussed."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back