They Don't Care Who Has A Gun

Without universal background checks, you are guaranteeing that bad guys will more easily be able to get guns.

The NRA opposes universal background checks, and want's everybody (even crooks) to be easily able to buy from a private seller with no checks of any kind.

You figure it out.
Fallacy. Even with universal background checks bad guys will get guns.
What do you think? Bad guys will be deterred by a background check? No one will sell to a bad guy without a bvackground check? Think, man! Think!!

so there shouldn't be any laws because some bad guys do bad things?

okie dokie.
Uh? Typical response from the retarded poseur of this board.
If a law is ineffective at its purpose it shouldnt exist.

I still gotta ask about your thoughts on rape or murder. Obviously, those laws aren't 100% effective, so should we just take them off the books?
Alrady answered.

Got it

They Don t Care Who Has A Gun Page 19 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Laws against rape and murder are clearly ineffective at their purpose, (plenty of rapes and murders out there) so they shouldn't exist.

His good guy statues as you put it,goes away just like for everyone else,when he commits a crime,he is convicted,doesn't get his guns back.

This is easy stuf for rational people,not so much for the emotionally crippled.

I'm glad to hear it works out like that, but I just have one question. What's to stop him from buying more guns from a private seller? The NRA is on the forefront when it comes to guaranteeing his ability to do that.
Nothing,freedom is like that. whats going to stop a bad guy from buy from a bad guy? back ground checks?

Who said it would be 100% effective? Is that what your gauge is? Outlawing murder does not prevent some people from killing others, so lets just forget about that law. Is that what you are saying?
That argument has been debunked about a gazillion times.
Murder is forbidden because it is forbidden. Because murder is in itself a bad thing.
Carrying a gun is not in itself a bad thing. People want to regulate it as a way to decrease crime. So the two are not comparable.

Got it. You don't think a thug with a record carrying a gun is a bad thing. Thanks for pointing out that difference.
Dont put word in my mouth, you dishonest piece of shit.

His good guy statues as you put it,goes away just like for everyone else,when he commits a crime,he is convicted,doesn't get his guns back.

This is easy stuf for rational people,not so much for the emotionally crippled.

I'm glad to hear it works out like that, but I just have one question. What's to stop him from buying more guns from a private seller? The NRA is on the forefront when it comes to guaranteeing his ability to do that.
Care to articulate just how the NRA supports illegal gun sales?

Who said anything about illegal gun sales? It's perfectly legal for a thug to buy a gun from a private seller, and the NRA's actions are assuring that ability for them.
No it is not legal. A prohibited person is prohibited from possessing a firearm, period.

Great, now we are getting somewhere. How exactly is a person selling a gun supposed to know if that person is prohibited? Do we just depend on the prohibited person being honest enough to tell the seller?
They dont. BUt maybe they dont care because they are prohibited themselves.

Really? You can't figure it out?

He stops being a good guy the second he shoots the clerk.

What special kind of retard do you have to be to think the NRA would consider a someone who shoots a clerk a good guy?

Without universal background checks, you are guaranteeing that bad guys will more easily be able to get guns.

The NRA opposes universal background checks, and want's everybody (even crooks) to be easily able to buy from a private seller with no checks of any kind.

You figure it out.
What do you think? Bad guys will be deterred by a background check? No one will sell to a bad guy without a bvackground check? Think, man! Think!!

Sure, they will be deterred. Background checks will eliminate the possibility of many guns from their purchase. I never said it would make it impossible, just that it would be much harder.
It wont. It hasnt'. It is literally unprovable that gun control jhas prevented single prohibited person from getting a gun who wanted it.
Meanwhile looser gun laws over the last 20 years has coincided (maybe caused) fewer violent crimes. So more guns=more crime is patently untrue.

Background checks keep lots of people from buying guns from dealers. If you don't think limiting gun sources for bad guys isn't a good thing, then I don't know how to respond to that.
But they dont keep criminals from getting guns. Which is the point here.

Nothing,freedom is like that. whats going to stop a bad guy from buy from a bad guy? back ground checks?

Who said it would be 100% effective? Is that what your gauge is? Outlawing murder does not prevent some people from killing others, so lets just forget about that law. Is that what you are saying?
Murder is forbidden because it is forbidden. Because murder is in itself a bad thing.
Carrying a gun is not in itself a bad thing. People want to regulate it as a way to decrease crime. So the two are not comparable.

Got it. You don't think a thug with a record carrying a gun is a bad thing. Thanks for pointing out that difference.

You put those words there. I just quoted you.

Who said anything about illegal gun sales? It's perfectly legal for a thug to buy a gun from a private seller, and the NRA's actions are assuring that ability for them.
No it is not legal. A prohibited person is prohibited from possessing a firearm, period.

Great, now we are getting somewhere. How exactly is a person selling a gun supposed to know if that person is prohibited? Do we just depend on the prohibited person being honest enough to tell the seller?

I'm guessing that the large majority of people selling used guns probably aren't prohibited. Do you have any reason to believe they are?

okie dokie.

I still gotta ask about your thoughts on rape or murder. Obviously, those laws aren't 100% effective, so should we just take them off the books?
Alrady answered.

Got it

They Don t Care Who Has A Gun Page 19 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Laws against rape and murder are clearly ineffective at their purpose, (plenty of rapes and murders out there) so they shouldn't exist.
No, you ar wrong. This is because you are stupid.
Laws against rape and murder are effective at their purpose. Because their purpose is not to prevent the act but to punish those who commit it. Unlike gun laws whose purpose is to prevent something that criminals will not be deterred by anyway.
Tell me, what harm is caused by a criminal carrying a firearm? The answer is none btw.

It is illegal to sell a firearm to a person that is prohibited (convicted felon, people under indictment for a felony, people who are addicted to illegal drugs, people deemed to have mental impairments, people in the country illegally or anyone that has a dishonorable discharge from military service). A person convicted of doing so could face five to ten years in prison and huge fines.

And honest person would not make such a sale.

You are absolutely right, but without some sort of background check, how will they know?

It's called common sense. Don't sell to strangers. No honest person would risk prison to sell a firearm.

Lots of honest people sell to strangers. How are they risking prison just by selling a gun to someone who you have no way of knowing shouldn't be able to buy one?

Lots of people do? Then it should be easy for you to provide evidence of that.

I'm guessing that the large majority of people selling used guns probably aren't prohibited. Do you have any reason to believe they are?
Doesnt matter. A large majority of criminals buy their guns from other criminals who in turn stole them from honest citizns. That is in fact the main way guns get into criminals' hands. Which law do you propose that will stop that from occurring?

It is illegal to sell a firearm to a person that is prohibited (convicted felon, people under indictment for a felony, people who are addicted to illegal drugs, people deemed to have mental impairments, people in the country illegally or anyone that has a dishonorable discharge from military service). A person convicted of doing so could face five to ten years in prison and huge fines.

You are absolutely right, but without some sort of background check, how will they know?

It's called common sense. Don't sell to strangers. No honest person would risk prison to sell a firearm.

Lots of honest people sell to strangers. How are they risking prison just by selling a gun to someone who you have no way of knowing shouldn't be able to buy one?

I'm sure its' the case. I've sold plenty of personal guns to complete strangers. And bought plenty. And I know lots of people who do similar.
But so what? Criminals get guns largely from other criminals.

This is the NRA mentality. They don't care who has guns.

US appeals court deems gun law unconstitutional Fox News US appeals court deems gun law unconstitutional

s.”

Cuban born Judge Danny Julian Boggs remembers that in Cuba and the former USSR they classified those who oppose the revolution as mentally ill in order to incarcerate them and deprive them of their rights.

Excellent ruling judge Boggs.

:dance::dance::dance:

okie dokie.

Alrady answered.

Got it

Laws against rape and murder are effective at their purpose. Because their purpose is not to prevent the act but to punish those who commit it. Unlike gun laws whose purpose is to prevent something that criminals will not be deterred by anyway.
Tell me, what harm is caused by a criminal carrying a firearm? The answer is none btw.

So laws against rape and murder have nothing to do with preventing either? That's just stupid.

BUllshit. You are a dishonest, lying and stupid piece of shit who cannot win an argument. You cover by makign stuff up.

Alrady answered.

Got it

So laws against rape and murder have nothing to do with preventing either? That's just stupid.
The purpose is not to prevent them but to punish those who commit them.

No problem.
ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds

Doesnt matter. A large majority of criminals buy their guns from other criminals who in turn stole them from honest citizns. That is in fact the main way guns get into criminals' hands. Which law do you propose that will stop that from occurring?

You got anything to back that up?

BUllshit. You are a dishonest, lying and stupid piece of shit who cannot win an argument. You cover by makign stuff up.

You're the one who said laws that don't work shouldn't be on the books. I just pointed out that laws against those two crimes don't prevent them from happening. What about theft? DWI? Cheating on your taxes. Those laws don't prevent all those things from happening, so should we do away with them to? Should we have any laws at all?

Alrady answered.

Got it

The purpose is not to prevent them but to punish those who commit them.

Rabbi.......You lost this one. You can go on forever repeating the same silly things with different words, but you still lost this one. Walk away, get something to drink, and come back refreshed with a different subject. Perhaps something about birther claims, or black helicopters, but this one is in the can.

You got anything to back that up?
Sure.
Bureau of Justice Statistics BJS - Firearms Stolen during Household Burglaries and Other Property Crimes 2005-2010

You're the one who said laws that don't work shouldn't be on the books. I just pointed out that laws against those two crimes don't prevent them from happening. What about theft? DWI? Cheating on your taxes. Those laws don't prevent all those things from happening, so should we do away with them to? Should we have any laws at all?
I see you are slow to learn.
Some things are prohibited because they are bad. Laws allow society to punish people who do them. Secondarily they serve as some sort of deterrent. Those include murder, rape, etc.
Others are prohibited for some other reason. Failing to report certain events under some kinds of regulation. Gun laws are similar. There is nothng inherently wrong with a person possessing a gun. Even a criminal. There is no real crime committed. The purpose of the law is to prevent guns from coming into the hands of prohibited people. That is the stated reason. And it is a failure. It is a gross failure. It is such an epic failure that if the law were repealed tomorrow there would be no more shootings than there are today. In fact maybe fewer.

Forum List

Back