They Don't Care Who Has A Gun

A few questions for you.

A man walks into a convenience store carrying a 38. He picks up a loaf of bread, and a gallon of milk and walks to the counter. Next, he shoots the clerk and takes the money from the cash register and runs.

1. The NRA spends millions fighting for him to be able to carry that gun into the store, so do they have any responsibility for the shooting when they know some of the people they are fighting for will shoot the clerk?

2. At exactly what point does the NRA stop calling him a good guy with a gun?

3. If he gets away, will the NRA continue calling him a good guy with a gun the next time he walks into a store?

His good guy statues as you put it,goes away just like for everyone else,when he commits a crime,he is convicted,doesn't get his guns back.

This is easy stuf for rational people,not so much for the emotionally crippled.

I'm glad to hear it works out like that, but I just have one question. What's to stop him from buying more guns from a private seller? The NRA is on the forefront when it comes to guaranteeing his ability to do that.
Care to articulate just how the NRA supports illegal gun sales?

Who said anything about illegal gun sales? It's perfectly legal for a thug to buy a gun from a private seller, and the NRA's actions are assuring that ability for them.
You did,you postulated about a criminal committing more crimes.

In my postulation, he didn't get caught, hence no record. Not that having a record would in any way slow him from easily buying his next gun.

His good guy statues as you put it,goes away just like for everyone else,when he commits a crime,he is convicted,doesn't get his guns back.

I'm glad to hear it works out like that, but I just have one question. What's to stop him from buying more guns from a private seller? The NRA is on the forefront when it comes to guaranteeing his ability to do that.

Who said anything about illegal gun sales? It's perfectly legal for a thug to buy a gun from a private seller, and the NRA's actions are assuring that ability for them.
No it is not legal. A prohibited person is prohibited from possessing a firearm, period.

Great, now we are getting somewhere. How exactly is a person selling a gun supposed to know if that person is prohibited? Do we just depend on the prohibited person being honest enough to tell the seller?

It is illegal to sell a firearm to a person that is prohibited (convicted felon, people under indictment for a felony, people who are addicted to illegal drugs, people deemed to have mental impairments, people in the country illegally or anyone that has a dishonorable discharge from military service). A person convicted of doing so could face five to ten years in prison and huge fines.

And honest person would not make such a sale.

you have the right to self-defense. that does not mean an unlimited right to arm yourself to the teeth because you live in fear.

it does, however, mean, that self-defense is NOT shooting someone in the back as they're fleeing or staling them because you're rabid.

The problem you have is something called "the Constitution." I realize, as does the rest of the forum, that you have utterly no grasp of concepts of law, but your rabid partisanship coupled with gross ignorance still does not negate the facts of the law of the land. You seek to repeal civil rights, but the courts may not be a reliable venue. It's unlikely that Obama will be able to replace the supporters of the Constitution on the SCOTUS. All he has done so far is replace two leftists with two other leftists. 5 Justices still support the Constitution. The next to go will be that shriveled Marxist twat Ginsburg - and it will be literally impossible to find anyone more hostile to the Constitution than her. So the dream of the left to repeal the Bill of Rights will not be realized under Obama. At this point, I don't see your shameful party retaining the Presidency in 2016, so it may be a generation until you can revoke civil rights from the citizenry at large.

Wow....I didn't know my party was really trying to do away with the Constitution. WHAT A SHOCK!! Please give me a credible link to that, and I will change my party immediately. Sorry, but I will require a credible link before I make such a drastic change, I won't accept some link from brain dead idiots like WND, or FOX who pull their crazy ideas out of their ass, but any credible source will do.
Shall not be infringed?

You did,you postulated about a criminal committing more crimes.

In my postulation, he didn't get caught, hence no record. Not that having a record would in any way slow him from easily buying his next gun.
Then he wouldn't have a record,and would pass a back ground anyway??!!!

Wow....I didn't know my party was really trying to do away with the Constitution.

That's because you are not sentient.

You are but a drone, an unthinking insect who obeys your party without thought.

WHAT A SHOCK!! Please give me a credible link to that, and I will change my party immediately. Sorry, but I will require a credible link before I make such a drastic change, I won't accept some link from brain dead idiots like WND, or FOX who pull their crazy ideas out of their ass, but any credible source will do.

Your posts here are a frontal assault on the 2nd Amendment, a crucial part of the Constitution. You don't grasp this because you don't have the capacity of thought.

Without universal background checks, you are guaranteeing that bad guys will more easily be able to get guns.

The NRA opposes universal background checks, and want's everybody (even crooks) to be easily able to buy from a private seller with no checks of any kind.

You figure it out.
Fallacy. Even with universal background checks bad guys will get guns.
What do you think? Bad guys will be deterred by a background check? No one will sell to a bad guy without a bvackground check? Think, man! Think!!

so there shouldn't be any laws because some bad guys do bad things?

okie dokie.
Uh? Typical response from the retarded poseur of this board.
If a law is ineffective at its purpose it shouldnt exist.

I still gotta ask about your thoughts on rape or murder. Obviously, those laws aren't 100% effective, so should we just take them off the books?
What,who said that besides you?

You do understand what a free nation is about right?

Your one of those thought police type? trying to prevent something that might happen at the expense of others rights,it doesn't work that way,well it shouldn't.

How is a universal back ground check going prevent a criminal from buy a gun,other than from a dealer,which they don't do.

I was responding to rabbi who said "If a law is ineffective at its purpose it shouldnt exist" Rape and murder laws are clearly ineffective.
You admit that dealers background checks are clearly effective. What makes you think universal checks wouldn't be just as effective other than when a thug is buying from another thug? I personally believe that the large majority of people who sell guns are not thugs, and would prefer not to sell to thugs. Why not give them the ability to find out?

Great, now we are getting somewhere. How exactly is a person selling a gun supposed to know if that person is prohibited? Do we just depend on the prohibited person being honest enough to tell the seller?

Comrade. how does a printer, printing a gun know that the person is prohibited?

Will the GLORIOUS PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY demand background checks and waiting periods to buy 3D printers?

Be careful stretching that far. You might hurt your back.

No it is not legal. A prohibited person is prohibited from possessing a firearm, period.

They won't nor would they care,bad guys don't go to wally world to by guns.You do understand that right?

you do understand that life in a free system has risk right? and if you strive to eliminate said risk,you eliminate said freedoms,you do undsrtatnd that right?

Walley world is a licensed dealer, and does background checks. Bad guys get guns lots of places. Most people selling guns aren't thugs and would prefer not to sell to thugs. Eliminating most of their sources for guns would be a good thing.

It is illegal to sell a firearm to a person that is prohibited (convicted felon, people under indictment for a felony, people who are addicted to illegal drugs, people deemed to have mental impairments, people in the country illegally or anyone that has a dishonorable discharge from military service). A person convicted of doing so could face five to ten years in prison and huge fines.

You are absolutely right, but without some sort of background check, how will they know?

If you were sentient, you would have seen the earlier post that showed this isn't any sort of stretch.

{When Cody Wilson revealed the world’s first fully 3-D printed gun last year, he showed that the “maker” movement has enabled anyone to create a working, lethal firearm with a click in the privacy of his or her garage. Now he’s moved on to a new form of digital DIY gunsmithing. And this time the results aren’t made of plastic.}

The 1 200 Machine That Lets Anyone Make a Metal Gun at Home WIRED

Wow....I didn't know my party was really trying to do away with the Constitution.

That's because you are not sentient.

You are but a drone, an unthinking insect who obeys your party without thought.

WHAT A SHOCK!! Please give me a credible link to that, and I will change my party immediately. Sorry, but I will require a credible link before I make such a drastic change, I won't accept some link from brain dead idiots like WND, or FOX who pull their crazy ideas out of their ass, but any credible source will do.

Your posts here are a frontal assault on the 2nd Amendment, a crucial part of the Constitution. You don't grasp this because you don't have the capacity of thought.

Oh my.....A gun nut says I'm not smart. I'll worry about that first thing tomorrow.

If you were sentient, you would have seen the earlier post that showed this isn't any sort of stretch.

{When Cody Wilson revealed the world’s first fully 3-D printed gun last year, he showed that the “maker” movement has enabled anyone to create a working, lethal firearm with a click in the privacy of his or her garage. Now he’s moved on to a new form of digital DIY gunsmithing. And this time the results aren’t made of plastic.}

The 1 200 Machine That Lets Anyone Make a Metal Gun at Home WIRED

Let me ease your mind. I don't have a problem with 3D printers, or any other equipment used to make guns. I just don't think their use for that particular purpose will become any more widespread than the many other methods available to make guns now. You want to prove me wrong? Fine. Go buy one and prove me wrong, but it's really a non issue for me.

You are absolutely right, but without some sort of background check, how will they know?

It's called common sense. Don't sell to strangers. No honest person would risk prison to sell a firearm.

Let me ease your mind. I don't have a problem with 3D printers, or any other equipment used to make guns. I just don't think their use for that particular purpose will become any more widespread than the many other methods available to make guns now. You want to prove me wrong? Fine. Go buy one and prove me wrong, but it's really a non issue for me.

You are not sentient, thus you post shit that is not rational..

You don't grasp that it is impossible to keep guns out of the hands of those who want them, even felons. Your attacks on civil rights have zero impact on criminals. But then, the purpose of the hive has nothing to do with keeping guns from criminals.

A few questions for you.

A man walks into a convenience store carrying a 38. He picks up a loaf of bread, and a gallon of milk and walks to the counter. Next, he shoots the clerk and takes the money from the cash register and runs.

1. The NRA spends millions fighting for him to be able to carry that gun into the store, so do they have any responsibility for the shooting when they know some of the people they are fighting for will shoot the clerk?

Really? You can't figure it out?

He stops being a good guy the second he shoots the clerk.

3. If he gets away, will the NRA continue calling him a good guy with a gun the next time he walks into a store?

What special kind of retard do you have to be to think the NRA would consider a someone who shoots a clerk a good guy?

Without universal background checks, you are guaranteeing that bad guys will more easily be able to get guns.

The NRA opposes universal background checks, and want's everybody (even crooks) to be easily able to buy from a private seller with no checks of any kind.

You figure it out.
What do you think? Bad guys will be deterred by a background check? No one will sell to a bad guy without a bvackground check? Think, man! Think!!

Sure, they will be deterred. Background checks will eliminate the possibility of many guns from their purchase. I never said it would make it impossible, just that it would be much harder.
It wont. It hasnt'. It is literally unprovable that gun control jhas prevented single prohibited person from getting a gun who wanted it.
Meanwhile looser gun laws over the last 20 years has coincided (maybe caused) fewer violent crimes. So more guns=more crime is patently untrue.

What special kind of retard do you have to be to think the NRA would consider a someone who shoots a clerk a good guy?

You figure it out.

so there shouldn't be any laws because some bad guys do bad things?

okie dokie.
Uh? Typical response from the retarded poseur of this board.
If a law is ineffective at its purpose it shouldnt exist.

I still gotta ask about your thoughts on rape or murder. Obviously, those laws aren't 100% effective, so should we just take them off the books?
Alrady answered.

It's called common sense. Don't sell to strangers. No honest person would risk prison to sell a firearm.

Lots of honest people sell to strangers. How are they risking prison just by selling a gun to someone who you have no way of knowing shouldn't be able to buy one?

You are not sentient, thus you post shit that is not rational..

You don't grasp that it is impossible to keep guns out of the hands of those who want them, even felons. Your attacks on civil rights have zero impact on criminals. But then, the purpose of the hive has nothing to do with keeping guns from criminals.

You can't justify the NRA fighting to make sure everyone, including thugs, is able to easily buy a gun from a non dealer, so you call me names. Typical teabagger.

A few questions for you.

You figure it out.

Sure, they will be deterred. Background checks will eliminate the possibility of many guns from their purchase. I never said it would make it impossible, just that it would be much harder.
It wont. It hasnt'. It is literally unprovable that gun control jhas prevented single prohibited person from getting a gun who wanted it.
Meanwhile looser gun laws over the last 20 years has coincided (maybe caused) fewer violent crimes. So more guns=more crime is patently untrue.

Background checks keep lots of people from buying guns from dealers. If you don't think limiting gun sources for bad guys isn't a good thing, then I don't know how to respond to that.

Forum List

Back