They are trying to erase Captain James T. Kirk from history........how dare they....

That's a great episode.

Sisko was a great Commander/Captain, but rarely commanded a ship. That series is very good, but they lost me frequently with the Kai Winn Adami/Bajoran mysticism stuff.

Yeah.....the Bajoran stuff was boring......the show was better quality than most of the Next Generation Episodes.....but the Next Generation had about 5 excellent episodes, including Yesterday's Enterprise, and Oh What a Wonderful Q......

That's a great episode.

Sisko was a great Commander/Captain, but rarely commanded a ship. That series is very good, but they lost me frequently with the Kai Winn Adami/Bajoran mysticism stuff.
Yeah, they dove a bit too deep into the religious aspects, and they made Sisko a Captain in hindsight in Season 3, but they got there. What I liked about DS9 are the parallels to our modern world, the grind of war, the loss, the politics, the messiness. Things that were glossed over in TOS and TNG. Those last 8 episodes of DS9..not a stinker among them. :)

I think the best Captain in Star Trek is Sisko. Deep Space Nine was dark and gritty. In retrospect, it was the best of the Star Trek series. Took a bit of getting used to after TOS, the movies, and STNG

"In The Pale Moonlight" for me anyway ranks as the BEST Star Trek episode ever made.
Generally acknowledged as the best Star Trek episode ever is recognized as The City On The Edge of Forever by Harlan Ellison.
The episode received widespread critical acclaim and has been frequently stated to be the best episode of the entire Star Trek franchise. Elements such as the tragic ending were highlighted by several reviewers. It won several awards, including the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Episodic Drama on Television (Ellison, 1967) and the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation (Ellison and Pevney, 1968).

I have all seven of the original Star Trek movies which are classics. I watch reruns of the original TV series frequently.

Star Trek was pure imaginative, creative entertainment in its day and now still. The characters, even the Klingons and Vulcans, Khan, etc., were believable and seemed be belong in that time and setting. And not only did it entertain, but it made you think, stretch your imagination and perspective. You were torn between appreciating Spock's impeccable ethics by denying emotional responses vs Kirk's more emotional intuitive and creative ability that often found solutions that pure reason could not.

But for sure men were men in Star Trek, especially Kirk, and despite their rank, status, ability, importance, women were women. There was absolutely no gender confusion ever. And women were neither oppressed nor suffered any form of disrespect, at least because they were women. That was way WAY ahead of its time.

But alas. Normal men and women are now allowed in the world of 'woke'. So like all American history, traditions, customs that don't fit the 'woke' doctrines, Kirk must be destroyed, denied, forever buried from the human experience, forgotten.

Just one more reason to despise 'wokeism' and all it is trying to force upon us.
These new guys are taking a line from S1E8 Bonk bonk on the head. No more grups.

Generally acknowledged as the best Star Trek episode ever is recognized as The City On The Edge of Forever by Harlan Ellison.
The episode received widespread critical acclaim and has been frequently stated to be the best episode of the entire Star Trek franchise. Elements such as the tragic ending were highlighted by several reviewers. It won several awards, including the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Episodic Drama on Television (Ellison, 1967) and the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation (Ellison and Pevney, 1968).
That gets high marks from me as well. For the best?? Not quite..but damn close. :)

Yeah.....not my favorite episode.....I think they just didn't have much going on back then, and that is the only reason they liked it so much....

I don't click on Breitbart. Sorry.
Meaningless.

But I'd bet folding money that it's inaccurate. Which would make it flawed, by definition.
Dollar bills are folded money, big spender. So you will bet folded money but are too lazy to prove the story is false because you might find you are wrong. Got it.

Captain Kirk is the best Captain in Star Trek.....he was the first, and best.......the new movies didn't do him justice....

Now?

The leftists....the fascists....are erasing Capt. Kirk from history...

“Has anyone at Paramount come out with an official explanation for this MASSIVE FLUB?” someone asked.

“It’s not the first time it’s been going on for years,” Shatner replied. “It makes no difference to me that a group who think they are ‘enlightened’ (or whatever they think they are) obviously feels threatened by the Kirk character.”

“It’s a character from a 1960’s TV show- get over it.”

To prove this point, Shatner included a promotional photo celebrating Star Trek Day, where much less popular characters are front and center. Shatner’s Kirk is nowhere to be seen:
-----
Shatner added:

And it shouldn’t bother Shatner because consider the source: blacklisting fascists threatened by 1) Kirk’s unapologetic masculinity, 2) Kirk’s eternal popularity, and 3) Shatner’s incredible success.

How many people can come close to replicating William Shatner’s success?
-----

But in this near-dystopia, heroic, masculine men like James Kirk and icons unafraid to speak their piece like William Shatner must be silenced, purged, and punished. Shatner’s James Kirk must be erased for the same reason Indiana Jones is emasculated, Luke Skywalker is branded a child killer, and one icon after another is eliminated and replaced with affirmative action hires.

One of the few cool Canandians we have and they want to whack him?! Canadianphobic sobs

It's part of the racist DEI, CRT, ESG cultural erasure agenda.
It's a lot like what the Taliban does.

Captain Kirk is the best Captain in Star Trek.....he was the first, and best.......the new movies didn't do him justice....

Now?

The leftists....the fascists....are erasing Capt. Kirk from history...

“Has anyone at Paramount come out with an official explanation for this MASSIVE FLUB?” someone asked.

“It’s not the first time it’s been going on for years,” Shatner replied. “It makes no difference to me that a group who think they are ‘enlightened’ (or whatever they think they are) obviously feels threatened by the Kirk character.”

“It’s a character from a 1960’s TV show- get over it.”

To prove this point, Shatner included a promotional photo celebrating Star Trek Day, where much less popular characters are front and center. Shatner’s Kirk is nowhere to be seen:
-----
Shatner added:

And it shouldn’t bother Shatner because consider the source: blacklisting fascists threatened by 1) Kirk’s unapologetic masculinity, 2) Kirk’s eternal popularity, and 3) Shatner’s incredible success.

How many people can come close to replicating William Shatner’s success?
-----

But in this near-dystopia, heroic, masculine men like James Kirk and icons unafraid to speak their piece like William Shatner must be silenced, purged, and punished. Shatner’s James Kirk must be erased for the same reason Indiana Jones is emasculated, Luke Skywalker is branded a child killer, and one icon after another is eliminated and replaced with affirmative action hires.

This is the dumbest, pants-wettingest, thread I've seen here in a long time.

Congratulations, now go change your underwear.

So you will bet folded money but are too lazy to prove the story is false because you might find you are wrong.

But in this near-dystopia, heroic, masculine men like James Kirk and icons unafraid to speak their piece like William Shatner must be silenced, purged, and punished. Shatner’s James Kirk must be erased for the same reason Indiana Jones is emasculated, Luke Skywalker is branded a child killer, and one icon after another is eliminated and replaced with affirmative action hires.​

This is RW panic and hysteria.

This is the dumbest, pants-wettingest, thread I've seen here in a long time.

Congratulations, now go change your underwear.
It's actually a small slice into the window of why people love and support Donald Trump. I knew that when I saw the OP...that this thread was a crystalization of the cornerstone reason why a sect of our population loves and worships Trump. They really do believe that he alone will preserve the dominance of the white race, that it will not disappear into the sludge of multi-culturalism and our country becoming the melting pot our forefathers envisioned. But I resisted assigning political meaning to it. :)

Forum List

Back