They are too aggressive!

I am not saying this is what happened...but all indications are that it is similar to what happened.....

if an officer pulls you over...and you innocently reach under your seat for your wallet that fell earlier while you were driving, and the officer orders you to NOT reach under your seat (for obvious reasons)...and the officer then asks you to exit the car so he/she can feel safe that you can not reach "whatever may be under the seat"...and you refuse.....and the officer continually orders you to exit the car...and you still refuse......exactly what is the officer to do? Stand there wondering when you may reach under the seat for a gun? Turn his back and walk back to his patrol car giving you the time to reach under your seat for the gun? Leave you alone and ask you to drive off and have a nice day?

It is easy to say they were too aggressive....but exactly what should the officer have done when he refused to leave the car AFTER reaching back for something several times?

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

And all it would have been is a seat belt stop if the dumb shit would have obeyed the police.

Put yourself in the cops' shoes. He's not cooperating and not keeping his hands where they can see them. I might have have popped that window a lot sooner under the circumstances.

By law they did not have the right to ask for the passengers ID. He did nothing wrong, but kneel and bob on the cops and their unlimited ability to break the law while enforcing the law..

And all it would have been is a seat belt stop if the dumb shit would have obeyed the police.

Put yourself in the cops' shoes. He's not cooperating and not keeping his hands where they can see them. I might have have popped that window a lot sooner under the circumstances.

He was respectful and non-threatening

He was respectful and non-threatening

but he was respectful while being black which is totally the wrong thing to do. They asked for his info and he gave it. Like, what an asshole.

By law they did not have the right to ask for the passengers ID. He did nothing wrong, but kneel and bob on the cops and their unlimited ability to break the law while enforcing the law..

If he wasn't wearing a seatbelt either they do.
Seat belt laws area joke...if the speed limit is 25-30 miles an hour you have no need for them...

I'm not a big fan of mandating seat belt use myself but after one saved my life I wear mine.

Forum List

Back