What Would Jesus Say To Republicans

Discombobulated

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2014
Everywhere, USA
If Jesus was here to see the mess we're in now what advice would he have for Republicans.....God's chosen people. Let's see where Jesus stands on contemporary issues.

On Defense: "Love your enemies" "Blessed are the peacemakers" " If someone strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also".

On Social Programs: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven".

On Rugged Individualism and Self Interest: "Love your neighbor as yourself" "So in all things, do unto others as you would have them do to you".

On Financial Success: " Truly I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" You cannot serve both God and money".

On Paying Taxes: " Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's".

On Crime and Punishment: " If any of you is without sin let him be the first to throw stones" "Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will measured upon you".

On Moral Absolutes: " If any of has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold and lift it out?" " The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath".

On Race Relations: In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus praised the morality of a hated foreigner over his own countrymen.

On Letting Others Pull Themselves Up By Their Own Bootstraps: " But when you give a banquet invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous".

Take heed sinners and repent before it's too late to save your immortal souls.

If Jesus was here to see the mess we're in now what advice would he have for Republicans.....God's chosen people. Let's see where Jesus stands on contemporary issues.

On Defense: "Love your enemies" "Blessed are the peacemakers" " If someone strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also".

On Social Programs: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven".

On Rugged Individualism and Self Interest: "Love your neighbor as yourself" "So in all things, do unto others as you would have them do to you".

On Financial Success: " Truly I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" You cannot serve both God and money".

On Crime and Punishment: " If any of you is without sin let him be the first to throw stones" "Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will measured upon you".

On Moral Absolutes: " If any of has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold and lift it out?" " The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath".

On Race Relations: In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus praised the morality of a hated foreigner over his own countrymen.

On Letting Others Pull Themselves Up By Their Own Bootstraps: " But when you give a banquet invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous".

i think he would have plenty to say to the Democrats too.....yea i know hard to believe....

Jesus wouldn't have much to say to either party. Note that he didn't have a lot to say to Rome when Rome was oppressing the Jews of His day. I can guarantee that He would be in the churches, getting them straightened out.

Bottom line, this is just another attempt to co-opt Jesus' message and use it as a political tool.

i think he would have plenty to say to the Democrats too.....yea i know hard to believe....

I'm sure he would. I'm also sure Jesus would find Republican sanctimony to be very selective.

Jesus wouldn't have much to say to either party. Note that he didn't have a lot to say to Rome when Rome was oppressing the Jews of His day. I can guarantee that He would be in the churches, getting them straightened out.

Bottom line, this is just another attempt to co-opt Jesus' message and use it as a political tool.

/thread

I'm sure he would. I'm also sure Jesus would find Republican sanctimony to be very selective.
yes your right....but he would also find that with other guys.....remember....one of the things "God" says he hates is Hypocrites....so im sure his rep here Jesus.....would be addressing a hell of a lot of people on both sides.....because thats one thing both sides have in abundance....

Jesus was a Liberal because he called for the Romams to pay their fair share, amiright?

Mocking Jesus and the Bible won't save you from the Muslims.

In the future, when you get stopped by Muslims and they ask you; "How many times do you pray in the Fajr?" and your answer is "Well I don't know but I made this really cool message board thread mocking Jesus! Haha!"

You head will be violently removed from your body.

Last edited:

Jesus was a Liberal because he called for the Romams to pay their fair share, amiright?

So then you're not really familiar with the New Testament.

Yes, every bit as much as he would find Democrat arrogance, venality, hypocrisy, and corruption.

I am, which is why I believe you're misguided and as nutty as Rdean to quote Scripture and bash Republicans in the same sentence.

Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well ..

It's a Clash of Civilizations. Muslim vs. Christian. You must choose a side and fight for it.

You think you'll be safe by not choosing a side and just watching? You won't be.

Not in this life or the one after.

I am, which is why I believe you're misguided and as nutty as Rdean to quote Scripture and bash Republicans in the same sentence.

But someone has to show Republicans the way to God. his son teaches love and forgiveness, not hate and vengeance.

But someone has to show Republicans the way to God. his son teaches love and forgiveness, not hate and vengeance.

Noted. But it won't be you

Forum List

Back