$450,000 1957 Chevrolet Coup with 750 HP

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This man's daughter is very famous racing Dragsters. Jay Leno got the chance to have him and his car on his youtube show. This was the Chevy I have driven, never owned. Mine back then was a pair of 1956 Chevys.

Anyway, for we car fans, this is worth seeing. This Chevy has a 6 speed manual transmission and disc brakes and modifications up the wazoo. But it looks pretty stock.

Enjoy:

Way, way back in the day.
57 Chevy Bel Air 2 door like in the video was what I drove in High School
Bought it for $700 with American mag wheels and a rebuilt 327 hot rod engine. Loved that car.
I still can't believe the prices cars from the 50's to the 70's sell for today!!

Bought it for $700 with American mag wheels and a rebuilt 327 hot rod engine. Loved that car.
I still can't believe the prices cars from the 50's to the 70's sell for today!!
Those were girl magnets at the time. I owned a speed shop for over a year until I got drafted into the Army. I sold 327 engines and 409s at low prices due to the assistance of the local Chevrolet dealer. I want to drive the 57 coupe again. What fun.

Between those two men is at least 150 years of car loving.
DeJoria who is a Billionaire commented to Jay that he had a teacher who told the class that DeJoria never would amount to thing. DeJoria later after he got super rich had the teacher over to reminisce.

I got a ton of tickets in my 57 Chevy for speeding and once for drag racing a 67 Barracuda stop light to stop light on a city street.
Back then there wasn't a point system where you could lose your drivers license. And the fine on a traffic ticket was like $15 bucks.

I got a ton of tickets in my 57 Chevy for speeding and once for drag racing a 67 Barracuda stop light to stop light on a city street.
Back then there wasn't a point system where you could lose your drivers license. And the fine on a traffic ticket was like $15 bucks.
I also got a ton of tickets back in those days. I made friends with a State of CA highway patrol important trooper and he killed over half a dozen of my tickets.

Forum List

Back