These Voters Share Almost No Political Beliefs, but They Agree on One Thing: We’re Failing as a Nation

Of which has been going on at the state level since the Civil War.
Men are corrupt, but when left unchecked destroy society.

And I will tell you a little secret, men have been corrupt way before the Civil War as well.

It will be our little secret.

There are few things that Republicans and Democrats agree on. But one area where a significant share of each party finds common ground is a belief that the country is headed toward failure.

Overall, 37% of registered voters say the problems are so bad that we are in danger of failing as a nation, according to the latest New York Times/Siena College poll.

Fifty-six percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents said we are in danger of such failure. This kind of outlook is more common among voters whose party is out of power. But it’s also noteworthy that fatalists, as we might call them, span the political spectrum. Around 20% of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents say they feel the same way.

And the failure has two things in common, republicans and democrats.

Yet you have a substantial number of the very same people that "feel" that we need to go further in debt as a nation and have more laws and government programs....We are pretty much fucked.

That's what comes from a solid 25% of the country drinking the water instead of helping to carry it.....And they still get a vote.
repubs think we are failing because of Biden. Dems think we are failing because of the threats from the insurrectionist, trump. So....Duh

Men are corrupt, but when left unchecked destroy society.

And I will tell you a little secret, men have been corrupt way before the Civil War as well.

It will be our little secret.
They centralized more proportionally at the aggregate of war and the need to organize.

They centralized more proportionally at the aggregate of war and the need to organize.
War is just one of many excuses to centralize power.

The key is using a crisis for such changes, whether it be war or economic crisis or simply making a crisis up, like a climate crisis.

repubs think we are failing because of Biden. Dems think we are failing because of the threats from the insurrectionist, trump. So....Duh
Actually, we are failing on our own, no help needed from Biden or Trump.

Compare that to when I was growing up and 100% of people on tv were whites.

I believe 51% of America is white and soon we will finally be a minority for once. 49% of the population. But here's the deal. When a hispanic or muslim has a child in America, that person basically grows up to assimilate into "white" society. No accent? Not black? Then you're basically white.

get off the boards you ignorant rotten egg breathed loon.

The only problem is that when they die in that old folks home, they have also figured out a way to screw us on that too. My buddy just told me his step father has to go to a home. $7500 a month.

My mom had to go into a home. Thank god she only lasted 1 month. It was $22,000 a month. Why would we put her there? Because there was a HOPE we would have her on medicare/medicaid (I forget which) before the 2nd month. The place had to accept Medicare/Medicaid. The places that cost $7500 a month don't. The ones that do, charge $22,000 for people paying out of pocket.

And you would think that place was a wonderful place with plenty of staff? Not even close.

Here is another reason I vote Democratic. Credit card companies. Predatory lenders. Charging high interest rates. Hidden fees. Republicans allow credit card companies to do all these shady practices. Democrats regulate them.

Are Democrats perfect? No. They're just the lesser of two evils. They need to fight harder for us too.

lying baboon brained tomato balled goof. Stuff it.

another genius level load of pablam spewed the wrong direction. Get off this sirte maggot.

Americans have been dissatisfied with the direction of the country for decades.

That goes for whoever is leading it.

The main problem is the rampant partisanship, unwillingness to compromise and partisan media that convinces the public that everything is horrible
No one had to be convinced. They are living it.

No one had to be convinced. They are living it.
People can change everything for the better. Sadly, they don't want to. Even the media is 'normalizing' obesity by including more fat people in their advertising. Most of our self-inflicted problems have been normalized into our culture. So, we're doomed. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back