CDZ There may be hope for the Republican party after all

What's his double standard? He is just taking a political shot at Cruz nothing to get excited about. I think I will go with Reagan on this, where he said to never say a bad word about Republicans.

And don't you worry, there will be a double standard if Cruz gets close. The left will be all over it.

The problem, is that the issue was actually settled two elections ago with McCain. Maybe that is why and maybe because Michelle called Kenya, Obama's "home" country.

Rand Paul, by definition, can't be the hope of the Republicans. He's an outlier. He's a rarity in that I do think he believes in the Libertarian principles he espouses, and he's pragmatic about them. He'll bend where he has to bend. In a primary season which has brought a fair share of surprises, I have been third most surprised (behind Trump and Walker) at how poorly Rand Paul has done. I though he had hordes of pumped up collegians behind him.

Ah, this is a really serious subject, although I can't see what anyone can do about it. A party in need of rescuing. I wouldn't mind if the whole system was revamped. No more two party nonsense. I'm afraid it will break before it's modified, though.

What's his double standard? He is just taking a political shot at Cruz nothing to get excited about. I think I will go with Reagan on this, where he said to never say a bad word about Republicans.

And don't you worry, there will be a double standard if Cruz gets close. The left will be all over it.

The problem, is that the issue was actually settled two elections ago with McCain. Maybe that is why and maybe because Michelle called Kenya, Obama's "home" country.

and you've never heard that expression before huh?

President_Reagan_in_Ballyporeen_Ireland.jpg

Rand Paul, by definition, can't be the hope of the Republicans. He's an outlier. He's a rarity in that I do think he believes in the Libertarian principles he espouses, and he's pragmatic about them. He'll bend where he has to bend. In a primary season which has brought a fair share of surprises, I have been third most surprised (behind Trump and Walker) at how poorly Rand Paul has done. I though he had hordes of pumped up collegians behind him.

Ah, this is a really serious subject, although I can't see what anyone can do about it. A party in need of rescuing. I wouldn't mind if the whole system was revamped. No more two party nonsense. I'm afraid it will break before it's modified, though.

Yes, well, FWIW, and I know it's not worth much, were I going to align with any political party, and I am not going to, it'd be the Libertarians. There was a time when I was a Libertarian, but I couldn't remain one. I could not because for however "great" I thought Libertarian principles be, I could not find one thing in their "mantra" that accounted for human nature and its shortcomings.

You should probably watch the video at the link in the OP. He wasn't at all taking a "pot shot" at Mr. Cruz.

You should probably watch the video at the link in the OP. He wasn't at all taking a "pot shot" at Mr. Cruz.

Prime Minister of Canada? To whom was he making that remark?

and you've never heard that expression before huh?

President_Reagan_in_Ballyporeen_Ireland.jpg

Not by a first lady during a controversy about where her husband was born. I doubt you could quote Nancy Reagan saying Ronald Reagan was born anywhere other then America, or even implying as much.

As I wrote earlier....You should probably watch the video at the link in the OP.

As I wrote earlier....You should probably watch the video at the link in the OP.

I have now watched it twice, Paul is not only taking a shot at Cruz, prime minster, but a shot at Trump and the Republican party.

I have now watched it twice, Paul is not only taking a shot at Cruz, prime minster, but a shot at Trump and the Republican party.

Watched it twice and neither time heard Mr. Paul chuckling as he said following his words about Mr. Cruz being qualified to be Prime Minister of Canada, "Well, that's kind of a joke." What about that led you to believe he was at all intimating that Mr. Cruz might not be eligible to serve as President of the U.S?

Moreover, his "shot" was not at the Republican party in general, but rather at the individuals who in prior election cycles raised the "birther" issue and who are now silent. He was pointing out their hypocrisy more so that condemning the entire party.

Accually, I beleive it was Barry Goldwater (born in Arizona before it was a state), that settled this issue. If one does a quick Google search for "presidential candidates born outside us", one would find several links to informative sites on the topic.

As for Mr. Paul being the "hope" for the Repiblican party... That's a streatch at best, at present he is little more than an "also tried and is failing" in the race. He doesn't have any real hope of getting the nod from his party. Some "hope".Personally, I don't think there is any hope for either party, long term. The GOP is little more than Democrat Light, and the Democrats will, eventually implode when one of two things happen:
  1. People realize they are Communist Light, or
  2. This, once great country, sadly, fails.

A double standard? We haven't ever had a president born outside the United States before.

Yes, well, FWIW, and I know it's not worth much, were I going to align with any political party, and I am not going to, it'd be the Libertarians. There was a time when I was a Libertarian, but I couldn't remain one. I could not because for however "great" I thought Libertarian principles be, I could not find one thing in their "mantra" that accounted for human nature and its shortcomings.
The point about being a hope is that you've got to be a party boy. Scott Walker would have made Preibus and Co. very happy. Jeb!, Rubio, Christie, Kasich, Jindal would all have been satisfactory. Cruz though, would be a disaster for them. Ditto Trump, Carson or Fiorina. In other words, all the people likely to succeed in winning the nomination.

Can the Republican party survive if their nominee is not a party devotee?

Can the Republican party survive if they don't win the White House? Chairman Reince sez no, but he may have just been trying to get people fired up.

Forum List

Back