There Isn't Going To Be A War With Iran -- Relax & Calm Down

Iran tends to be peaceful, I doubt if there would be war

They aren't that peaceful, after all, they just attacked out embassy in Baghdad.

However, President Trump's Operation Tough Love is designed to put the mullahs in their place and chastise them. The message is that none of their people are untouchable. Soleimani was a highly ranked evildoer, his demise is probably even more significant than Trump's whacking of al-Baghdadi

Would you have felt the same if obama had did this in 2011? I think not.

Trump tweets predicting Obama would start a war with Iran to get reelected are coming back to haunt him

Obama was a close ally of Iran. You forgot the absurd "deal" he signed with them, or the pallets of cash money, or the fact that his chief advisor was actually born in Iran?
Whose money was that?

They aren't that peaceful, after all, they just attacked out embassy in Baghdad.

However, President Trump's Operation Tough Love is designed to put the mullahs in their place and chastise them. The message is that none of their people are untouchable. Soleimani was a highly ranked evildoer, his demise is probably even more significant than Trump's whacking of al-Baghdadi

Would you have felt the same if obama had did this in 2011? I think not.

Trump tweets predicting Obama would start a war with Iran to get reelected are coming back to haunt him

Obama was a close ally of Iran. You forgot the absurd "deal" he signed with them, or the pallets of cash money, or the fact that his chief advisor was actually born in Iran?
Whose money was that?

It was the money of the freedom loving Iranian people, not the illicit despotic terrorists in charge now in Tehran.

Remember, the Iranian Mullahs are the senior members of the AOE- Axis of Evil

Query: IS Iran trying to start a war?

I study a lot of history and of course sometimes countries do want a war. Why? Two reasons:

1. They think they can win. (Germany, I'm looking at you.)
2. They think they can get relief from sanctions by backing off the hegemon. (As when Japan hit Pearl Harbor because we refused to sell them anymore scrap metal or oil -- they thought if they hit us hard enough, they'd have a free hand conquering Asian colonies like Singapore and the Dutch oil islands and could get what they needed to build a world-class military that way.)

Iran has shelled Saudi Arabia twice, is helping the enemy in Yemen and pretty much everywhere else; they've attacked shipping a number of times and briefly held our sailors captive. Did I miss anything? Well, trying to take over Iraq, of course. So is it No. 2, they are trying to be so much trouble that we'll take off the sanctions?

Or do they think they can win? It doesn't have to make sense to us, remember: Germany was CERTAIN they would win twice. Didn't, though. If they think they can win, that implies employing some serious hardware and going after Israel, as well as Saudi Arabia.

Anybody?

Query: IS Iran trying to start a war?

I study a lot of history and of course sometimes countries do want a war. Why? Two reasons:

1. They think they can win. (Germany, I'm looking at you.)
2. They think they can get relief from sanctions by backing off the hegemon. (As when Japan hit Pearl Harbor because we refused to sell them anymore scrap metal or oil -- they thought if they hit us hard enough, they'd have a free hand conquering Asian colonies like Singapore and the Dutch oil islands and could get what they needed to build a world-class military that way.)

Iran has shelled Saudi Arabia twice, is helping the enemy in Yemen and pretty much everywhere else; they've attacked shipping a number of times and briefly held our sailors captive. Did I miss anything? Well, trying to take over Iraq, of course. So is it No. 2, they are trying to be so much trouble that we'll take off the sanctions?

Or do they think they can win? It doesn't have to make sense to us, remember: Germany was CERTAIN they would win twice. Didn't, though. If they think they can win, that implies employing some serious hardware and going after Israel, as well as Saudi Arabia.

Anybody?

Why wouldn't Iran wait until 2021 for this war? That's the question I have.

They will be in better position to wage war if they can get The Deal back if Sleepy Joe is elected. Further, the Dems won't be anxious to respond, they remember Obama's "Red Line".

Sure, your right that they want to fight, but I don't see the timing here.

Why wouldn't Iran wait until 2021 for this war? That's the question I have.

They will be in better position to wage war if they can get The Deal back if Sleepy Joe is elected. Further, the Dems won't be anxious to respond, they remember Obama's "Red Line".

Sure, your right that they want to fight, but I don't see the timing here.[/QUOTE]

Well, a lot of people think the leftwing crazies can't win the presidency; Iran may agree with that and be hoping to put pressure on Trump this way in an Election Year. That could backfire on them, however.

I'm not worried about the timing --- when it's time to railroad, people railroad, as Robert Heinlein said. I'm more interested in whether they are trying to start a REAL war (with our firing the first shot --- they want that, of course, every country wants to blame the other. The Germans blamed the Belgians in 1914. Yes, they did.). Or whether they are just hoping to make themselves such pests (in an election year) that we'll call off the sanctions thing.

That Iran is constantly attacking at a low level now is obvious. They are up to SOMEthing. I just can't figure out what.

Iran Gets incinerated on the Mountains of Israel. They lose 90% of their total military force and it takes 7 months to bury their bodies. Ezekiel 38-39

Maybe you should go join the Iranian Military since you love them so much, Comrade.

That's because The Iranians are cowards and Sheep Fornicators.
Tell us more from your position of expertise, Comrade.

Last edited:
This was just a retaliation for what Iran did to us. They killed one of our civilian contractors, a non-combatant. And that, is clearly a War Crime, the punishment is death and it was delivered. The matter is closed now.
Do you have any proof Soleimani was responsible for our "civilian" contractor's demise? It appears Soleimani's death was a political assassination of a foreign government official which is illegal under international and domestic law.

This was just a retaliation for what Iran did to us. They killed one of our civilian contractors, a non-combatant. And that, is clearly a War Crime, the punishment is death and it was delivered. The matter is closed now.
Do you have any proof Soleimani was responsible for our "civilian" contractor's demise? It appears Soleimani's death was a political assassination of a foreign government official which is illegal under international and domestic law.

Its really up to Trump's Accusers to prove that Soleimani was just minding his own business, and was unjustly killed.

Not for the accused to prove his innocence.

Its really up to Trump's Accusers to prove that Soleimani was just minding his own business, and was unjustly killed.

Wow. You people have lost it.

Is it time for Trump to live up to his campaign rhetoric and bring all US troops and contractors home from Iraq?

Iraqi Parliament Votes To Expel Foreign Troops After Soleimani Killing | HuffPost

"Iraq’s parliament voted to demand the withdrawal of foreign troops from the country on Sunday following U.S. President Donald Trump’s order to assassinate a high-profile Iranian military leader there."

Not really.

I didn't know much about this Soleimani fellow before this past week.

If he's the swell guy, the stand up fellow, that liberals are glorifying him as, I'd really love to hear how libs came up with that assessment.

Because I've heard the exact opposite, he's a piece of poo who got exactly what he deserved.

Not really.

If he's the swell guy, the stand up fellow, that liberals are glorifying him as, I'd really love to hear how libs came up with that assessment.

Because I've heard the exact opposite, he's a piece of poo who got exactly what he deserved.

No one is saying he's a swell guy. That's just in your imagination.

The question is whether assassinating foreign leaders is acceptable foreign policy. Are you ok with other countries doing the same thing?

Not really.

The question is whether assassinating foreign leaders is acceptable foreign policy. Are you ok with other countries doing the same thing?

The Iranian mullahs put an $80 Million open contract on President Trump. That's a big bounty, more than what was put on George Zimmerman by the Black Panther Party. Should they withdraw it as it is the wrong thing to do?

Not really.

The Iranian mullahs put an $80 Million open contract on President Trump. That's a big bounty, more than what was put on George Zimmerman by the Black Panther Party. Should they withdraw it as it is the wrong thing to do?

Not really.

some people need hangin' It would have been a good idea to knock
saddam off------sometime around 1970. It would have been a good idea
to knock Adolf off-----sometime around 1935. It would have been a good
idea to get rid of the ASSADS in the early 70s. If the only reason not to
get rid of a monster is that his friends will get annoyed------Elliot Ness
could not have gone after Al Capone

Not really.

Other countries are doing it. That's the point.

Actually , I had no problem with trying to assassinate Mr. Hitler during WWII, or clipping Osama Ladin like Obama claimed to do.

Not really.

some people need hangin' It would have been a good idea to knock
saddam off------sometime around 1970. It would have been a good idea
to knock Adolf off-----sometime around 1935. It would have been a good
idea to get rid of the ASSADS in the early 70s. If the only reason not to
get rid of a monster is that his friends will get annoyed------Elliot Ness
could not have gone after Al Capone

I suppose that makes sense from a childish, "Dirty Harry" mindset, but foreign policy is more complicated than that. A nation that presumes it can kill at will, is soon killed.

Forum List

Back