There is no life after death

That is a bold-faced lie. There is no proof whatsoever, one way or the other concerning life after death. And we are not talking about corporal death, the physical body is obviously dead forever, but whether or not some sort of spirit or energy transcends death is undetermined.
Of course there is

I'm not here to convince you of anything. I don't know who you are, neither do I care. You can Google the scriptures I cite ...
We're going around in circles here. In the post u responding to I showed u--
...There's a lot in the Bible about life after death. Stuff like (from here):
--a HUGE set of life after death quotes that either didn't support your understanding or rebutted it. So I guess that my mistake here was I thought u were interested in looking at scriptures w/ me but that's not the case.

Enjoy your beliefs,

Cheers!

Science can't even disprove the existence of God. Nor can it create new forms of life, a sunrise or a planet. It's probably better to err on the side of God's word, and believe there is an afterlife. Like He said in Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

Science doesn’t need to disprove anything. Science isn’t making the claim that god exists. A bunch of old guys from 2000 years ago did. It is always the job of those making the claim to prove it.

Science doesn’t need to disprove anything. Science isn’t making the claim that god exists. A bunch of old guys from 2000 years ago did. It is always the job of those making the claim to prove it.

Science needs to disprove that it is a cult. I can't call it "science" if I'm not allowed to question it.

Therefore, science should be called a "belief system", a "religion" of the leftists, and a "cult."

Science needs to disprove that it is a cult. I can't call it "science" if I'm not allowed to question it.

Therefore, science should be called a "belief system", a "religion" of the leftists, and a "cult."

:cuckoo:

See? You just proved my point by the insinuation of your little "crazy" emoji.

Much like all Stalinists, the classic defense used by the secular left is to label as "defective", anyone who disagrees with their cult of "science."

You probably think all Christians are perfect little hippie peaceniks, don't you?

Most people who are not Christians honestly think the Amish are the perfect paragons of Christian behavior. Gentle, honest, hardworking people living in quaint homes, wearing quaint clothing (libs love them some "costume-y" clothing for whatever reason), going around in quaint buggies. Amish people pass no judgment and keep to themselves.

Right. sure. But this is only on the surface.

In reality, the Amish have made for themselves rules having nothing to do with Christianity at all. Rules like: no zippers on clothing (!). No faces on children's dolls (!). In reality, Amish faiths are a legalistic nightmare and their shunning is the pinnacle of that nightmare. If you decide you don't care for the legalism, you lose your family. You are "shunned".

But unbelievers can never seem to puzzle to the end of this. If we speak with salt and light, we're terrible people, patently unchristian. But those Amish! So nice!

Golfing Gator

Dead folks have zero brain signals

They are dead

The science on space and time in the last....I guess 50 years, give or take, is pretty astounding. String theory, parallel universes, etc. We don't know A LOT about a lot. It makes the afterlife seem more possible than ever, even "scientifically".

Most people who are not Christians honestly think the Amish are the perfect paragons of Christian behavior. Gentle, honest, hardworking people living in quaint homes, wearing quaint clothing (libs love them some "costume-y" clothing for whatever reason), going around in quaint buggies. Amish people pass no judgment and keep to themselves.

Right. sure. But this is only on the surface.

In reality, the Amish have made for themselves rules having nothing to do with Christianity at all. Rules like: no zippers on clothing (!). No faces on children's dolls (!). In reality, Amish faiths are a legalistic nightmare and their shunning is the pinnacle of that nightmare. If you decide you don't care for the legalism, you lose your family. You are "shunned".

But unbelievers can never seem to puzzle to the end of this. If we speak with salt and light, we're terrible people, patently unchristian. But those Amish! So nice!

Golfing Gator

Good thing I am not most people.

What I am is someone who would put the training/education/experience with the bible and Christianity up against anyone's.

Let me ask you this, if someone read your post daily, minus any where you mention you are a Christian, would anyone deduce from your words on here that you are a follower of Christ?

Good thing I am not most people.

What I am is someone who would put the training/education/experience with the bible and Christianity up against anyone's.

Let me ask you this, if someone read your post daily, minus any where you mention you are a Christian, would anyone deduce from your words on here that you are a follower of Christ?

"Woe to you, blind guides!

"You fools!"

"You blind men!"

"You blind guides!"

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape the sentence of Hell?"

All words of Jesus, even as He said to also turn the other cheek. It very much depends on context, and I am not even perfect, nor did I ever claim to be.

"Woe to you, blind guides!

"You fools!"

"You blind men!"

"You blind guides!"

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape the sentence of Hell?"

All words of Jesus, even as He said to also turn the other cheek. It very much depends on context, and I am not even perfect, nor did I ever claim to be.

You seemed to have missed the question...

Or lets try this...do you think you exhibit these while you are posting on here....

“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…”

– Galatians 5:22-23

You seemed to have missed the question...

Or lets try this...do you think you exhibit these while you are posting on here....

“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…”

– Galatians 5:22-23

The above were quotes from Christ Himself. In those few words, did He display love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, etc?

So what is going on here? Is it maybe necessary to judge "Fruits of the Spirit" on the whole and not just ripped out of context? Because according to you, The Triune Son of God did not display Fruits of the Spirit, and thus could not have been acting as a Christian---or something.

The above were quotes from Christ Himself. In those few words, did He display love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, etc?

You still will not answer the question.

I will be happy to answer yours if you will answer mine

I did. Read what I just wrote.

I read it. It is a simple yes or no question. I get why you are afraid to answer it.

But I will make it even more simple for you.

Do your postings on here do this....So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God

You still will not answer the question.

I will be happy to answer yours if you will answer mine

Same author, Paul. Same chapter, in Galatians. Verse 12: "As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!"

Huh. What gives with that, GG? Could it be that one can be growing in fruits--over time, being sanctified--and still get heated? Still sin? OR is it possible that some sins are so grievous we just can't "love them up"?

I read it. It is a simple yes or no question. I get why you are afraid to answer it.

Do your postings on here do this....So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God

Yes. 100%. I don't bat 1000 by an stretch but for the most part, absolutely.

For instance, on the one thread where you thought I lost my mind. Yes, standing up against unelected, unaccountable men with guns--a goon squad--who are now going after law-abiding Americans is absolutely 100% for the glory of God. Is it God's work? No. But for the glory of God, yes.

What if I posted, about the unbelievers here: "They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever."

You would accuse me of not displaying fruits of the Spirit, yes? But oh. That's from Jude 1:13

Context.

Same author, Paul. Same chapter, in Galatians. Verse 12: "As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!"

Huh. What gives with that, GG? Could it be that one can be growing in fruits--over time, being sanctified--and still get heated? Still sin? OR is it possible that some sins are so grievous we just can't "love them up"?

So, you still cannot answer the question. Odd.

The "agitators" Paul was speaking of was people within the church, not outside of it.

Yes. 100%. I don't bat 1000 by an stretch but for the most part, absolutely.

For instance, on the one thread where you thought I lost my mind. Yes, standing up against unelected, unaccountable men with guns--a goon squad--who are now going after law-abiding Americans is absolutely 100% for the glory of God. Is it God's work? No. But for the glory of God, yes.

Really? Did Jesus or Paul fight against the civil authority? Paul was arrested by a good squad, how did he handle it?

Jesus was arrested by a goon squad, what was His response?

Forum List

Back