There is no life after death

Its scary as hell but it does not exist

Do you ever wonder what you were thinking during the French Revolution or the Roman empire. I have .,,.. and its zero

I did not exist and we all wont when we die

I believe in Jesus Christ and His promise of eternal life, which was paid for by His own blood on the cross. I believe that death is only physical, but the soul remains forever. At some point in time, all souls will be called to judgment. On that day you'll either have eternal life with God, or eternal damnation.

The choice is yours.

I believe in Jesus Christ and His promise of eternal life, which was paid for by His own blood on the cross. I believe that death is only physical, but the soul remains forever. At some point in time, all souls will be called to judgment. On that day you'll either have eternal life with God, or eternal damnation.

The choice is yours.

YES I agree but keep in mind that 100 percent of all scientific data strongly suggests that there is no afterlife.

The electicial/ chemical signals that make you JGALT all shut off and stop in your brain areas

YES I agree but keep in mind that 100 percent of all scientific data strongly suggests that there is no afterlife.

The electicial/ chemical signals that make you JGALT all shut off and stop in your brain areas

Science can't even disprove the existence of God. Nor can it create new forms of life, a sunrise or a planet. It's probably better to err on the side of God's word, and believe there is an afterlife. Like He said in Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

Do you ever wonder what you were thinking during the French Revolution or the Roman empire. I have .,,.. and its zero

If what you believe is true, NONE OF US will ever know. If "we" are right, you will find that you made a VERY foolish choice. I believe Jesus, the apostles and the prophets. I don't recognize your authority

The choice is yours.
If primitive people wrote it in a book 1500 years ago it has to be true.

Science can't even disprove the existence of God.

They aren't obligated to prove a negative. The onus is on you

Sure, and the brain dies too. The question remains over the kind of existence we can have w/o our brains free from the limits of space & time. There's no way to scientifically analyze an existence outside of space/time yet we ourselves do it all the time.

It's easy to say we're material beings, and at the same time virtually every atom in ur body gets replaced over and over. At the same time we all agree that ur the same person.

Think about it. The same person, a different body.

If primitive people wrote it in a book 1500 years ago it has to be true.

Primitive people didn't write the scriptures. They were transcribed by the hand of man, directly from the mouth of God. As in Jeremiah 1:9 -

"Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."

Even you'd have to admit that a book that foretold the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ a thousand years before He was born, is something to think about. There are many prophesies in the Old Testament that did exactly that.

Primitive people didn't write the scriptures. They were transcribed by the hand of man, directly from the mouth of God. As in Jeremiah 1:9 -

"Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."

Even you'd have to admit that a book that foretold the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ a thousand years before He was born, is something to think about. There are many prophesies in the Old Testament that did exactly that.

Yes, written to you by the same primitive people....

Please read the book The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It addresses all the usual objections and misconceptions people have about the Bible, and it's an excellent book, whether one is a believer or not.

It's true that no book has been published as much as the Bible, no book has has as many other books written about it, but it's not on topic. What we're talking about here is the kind of existence do we have after our bodies cease functioning.

My personal take is that the nature of that existence is open for a lot of conjecture, and that while it can be fun to consult about it by and large we really do got better things to do.

Primitive people to whom God gave rules we still live by to this very day: You shall have no other Gods before me, Honor your father and mother, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, etc.

The same rules that are the basis for all society, law, moral conduct, etc.

It's true that no book has been published as much as the Bible, no book has has as many other books written about it, but it's not on topic. What we're talking about here is the kind of existence do we have after our bodies cease functioning.

My personal take is that the nature of that existence is open for a lot of conjecture, and that while it can be fun to consult about it by and large we really do got better things to do.

I've already stated that: The existence you will have will either be eternal life, or eternal suffering. The choice is yours.

I disagree. I think there is a next life, in some form. I don't quite buy the "streets of gold" or "lakes of fire" parts. But there is something after. I am fine to leave it a mystery.

Primitive people to whom God gave rules we still live by to this very day: You shall have no other Gods before me, Honor your father and mother, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, etc.

The same rules that are the basis for all society, law, moral conduct, etc.

The first one you listed is strictly Judeo-Christian. The second one is sometimes listed. The next 3 are in sets of laws that predate the 10 commandments. Such as the Code of Hammurabi.

Forum List

Back