There is No Home in the Universe but Earth

We’re either alone or we’re not.

Both ideas are equally disturbing.
I dont believe we are alone at all, but EVERY planet we encounter seems to be a nightmarish world where no living thing can survive
Those are only the ones in our solar system. There’s billions of planets out there.
Which is why it is absurd beyond reason to say we are the only planet with life forms.half of mankind is in denial mode like the op that there are alien life forms out there that hover in our sky’s observing us everyday with ships that are a thousand times more advanced than us able to easily leave our planet within a second or two. Man I sure hate being in agreement with two of our resident trolls.

Why is it absurd?

We have absolutely no proof that life exist elsewhere.

Our scientists have not been able to produce life in a laboratory after decades of research, which means it is a very difficult process. Maybe that process only happened once under a very unique set of circumstances.

How do you know that life on earth is not unique?
This is an example of "faith" in the left

That is the same as believing in magic if they think the universe magically created itself out of nothing. Some real serious magic.

This "faith" that there just has to be life elsewhere simply comes from being brainwashed by Science Fiction.

Hell, they see aliens and starships and other worlds every time they turn on the TV or go to the movies. It just has to be that way, doesn't it?
We have an entire generation that now believes aliens are scattered throughout the galaxy, and we can hop into our starship and go visit them in a matter of hours.

The truth is, if Adam got into his spaceship and began 6,000 years ago, he'd still need another 60,000 years to get to 5he nearest star.

But we have faith now in "warp drive" and maybe wormholes to get around those pesky laws of physics

I dont believe we are alone at all, but EVERY planet we encounter seems to be a nightmarish world where no living thing can survive
Those are only the ones in our solar system. There’s billions of planets out there.
Which is why it is absurd beyond reason to say we are the only planet with life forms.half of mankind is in denial mode like the op that there are alien life forms out there that hover in our sky’s observing us everyday with ships that are a thousand times more advanced than us able to easily leave our planet within a second or two. Man I sure hate being in agreement with two of our resident trolls.

Why is it absurd?

Our scientists have not been able to produce life in a laboratory after decades of research, which means it is a very difficult process. Maybe that process only happened once under a very unique set of circumstances.

Life on Earth is unique, but what is to say that some other life form is on a 3rd planet from its sun, has nitrogen and oxygen, and water? Billions on billions of stars and planets out there, the odds are that we arent the only ones.

It takes more than water, O2 and whatever. Our scientists have been trying to turn chemistry into biology for decades and they have nothing.

If it is was common for life to be created from simple ingredients then it would be a classroom science experiment in every jr High school science class, wouldn't it?

It is a very complex thing and we have no proof that it has ever happen before.

That may change in the future as we learn more but then again we may never know.
Flying had never happened before. Until Wright did it. The Speed of sound was impossible until it was done. Speed of Light? Impossible. Until someone figures it out.

Just show me the money. Just show me where there is life elsewhere in the universe.

Until you do you have nothing but your Science Fiction brainwashing.
Prove there is not. As far as light speed ,it could be done. If we could develope a FUSION reactor. Maybe 100 years away.

The set of things that humans think COULD be done is always larger than the set of things that HAVE been done, isn't it?
Ever heard of Edison? Bell? Oppenheimer? Goddard? Von Braun?

If you want to believe we can go star trekking across the universe screwing pretty green Orion slave girls then go for it Sport.
A constant boost Fusion engine could reach light speed in 6 months using a 1 Gee boost.
Nope. Fusion can get you maybe 1/10 lightspeed

Depending on the concept, the exhaust velocity of a fusion-propelled rocket would be in the range of 150-350 kilometres per second. Planet Mars could be reached in 90 days or even less, as compared to eight months with a conventional propulsion

Fusion Drive will get you from earth to mars in 90 days.

Light can travel from the sun to mars in 12 minutes.

It takes INFINITE ENERGY to get any mass to light speed

Last edited:

Why is it absurd?

That is the same as believing in magic if they think the universe magically created itself out of nothing. Some real serious magic.

This "faith" that there just has to be life elsewhere simply comes from being brainwashed by Science Fiction.

Hell, they see aliens and starships and other worlds every time they turn on the TV or go to the movies. It just has to be that way, doesn't it?
We have an entire generation that now believes aliens are scattered throughout the galaxy, and we can hop into our starship and go visit them in a matter of hours.

The truth is, if Adam got into his spaceship and began 6,000 years ago, he'd still need another 60,000 years to get to 5he nearest star.

But we have faith now in "warp drive" and maybe wormholes to get around those pesky laws of physics

Why is it absurd?

Life on Earth is unique, but what is to say that some other life form is on a 3rd planet from its sun, has nitrogen and oxygen, and water? Billions on billions of stars and planets out there, the odds are that we arent the only ones.

It takes more than water, O2 and whatever. Our scientists have been trying to turn chemistry into biology for decades and they have nothing.

If it is was common for life to be created from simple ingredients then it would be a classroom science experiment in every jr High school science class, wouldn't it?

That may change in the future as we learn more but then again we may never know.
Flying had never happened before. Until Wright did it. The Speed of sound was impossible until it was done. Speed of Light? Impossible. Until someone figures it out.

Just show me the money. Just show me where there is life elsewhere in the universe.

Prove there is not. As far as light speed ,it could be done. If we could develope a FUSION reactor. Maybe 100 years away.

The set of things that humans think COULD be done is always larger than the set of things that HAVE been done, isn't it?

If you want to believe we can go star trekking across the universe screwing pretty green Orion slave girls then go for it Sport.
A constant boost Fusion engine could reach light speed in 6 months using a 1 Gee boost.

Depending on the concept, the exhaust velocity of a fusion-propelled rocket would be in the range of 150-350 kilometres per second. Planet Mars could be reached in 90 days or even less, as compared to eight months with a conventional propulsion

Theory. Has anyone TESTED it? If you accelerate 20 feet per second every second ,how fast will ya be going after 6 months? That is starting at escape velocity. PS--That includes DECELERATION time in your Mars trip.

Smartass San Souci: "A constant boost Fusion engine could reach light speed in 6 months using a 1 Gee boost.

Can't help it if ya can't read."

----------------------------

1. Nobody has come close to your wishful thinking. Cross your anti-scientific fingers and click your red heels together. It'll come true!

2. Your unmitigated gall of fatuous arrogance is typical of the godless, insufferable, destructive Left.
My Ignore List just increased by you, smartass.

"How is (SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) different from fantasy and pseudoscience?"- Demon Haunted World, by Carl Sagan, page 178

(A good question, never answered. But partaking in fantasy and pseudoscience for seven or eight figures was just fine with wealthy Carl, who asked me to buy his latest book when I sent critiques of several of his books to his publisher. I sold his letter on eBay for $125.)

Why is it absurd?

It would take all the energy that is produced on earth for three years to get a Shuttle size craft to 60% of the speed of light.

Why is it absurd?

You may not know how enormous space is. In Science Fiction that distance is covered lickety split but reality is different.

If the sun was the size of a golf ball the earth would be about the size of a pea. The nearest star would be over 700 miles away.

Last edited:
In the end we have to accept that God created ONLY the earth for Mankind.

There is no other world in the solar system or the universe

God was created as a patch for all things we don't know.

And you seem to be using this for its intended purpose. Well done.

In the end we have to accept that God created ONLY the earth for Mankind.

There is no other world in the solar system or the universe

God was created as a patch for all things we don't know.

And you seem to be using this for its intended purpose. Well done.

There are a lot of things in Astro Science that was invented as a patch for the unexplainable.

For instance: "The Laws of Physics did not exist until after the Big Bang".

The Moon Bat Environmental Wackos (with the help of the stupid Democrats) were able to get the best test bed for fusion in the world (FFTF at Hanford) mostly shut down so good luck with that idea.

Why is it absurd?

Why is it absurd?

Got to start somewhere....

All plasma rockets operate on the same type of principle: Electric fields and magnetic fields work side by side to first transform a gas – typically xenon or krypton – into plasma and then accelerate the ions in the plasma out of the engine at over 45,000 mph (72,400 kph), creating a thrust in the direction of desired travel [source: Science Alert ].
How Plasma Rockets Work | HowStuffWorks

science.howstuffworks.com/plasma-rockets.htm

Why is it absurd?

You may not know how enormous space is. In Science Fiction that distance is covered lickety split but reality is different.

If the sun was the size of a golf ball the earth would be about the size of a pea. The nearest star would be over 700 miles away.

Is there any FRICTION in space? Any Gravity? Do you know anything about continuous acceleration? Yes. Space is enormous. But the nearest Star is 4 years away a 99% of Light speed. Of course we can't do it today. Maybe not for 100 years. But how about this? What would an 1850 man say about the possibility of "The Internet" ? Well ,Einstein? Ever heard of PROGRESS? (It is the opposite of Progressivism)

Smartass San Souci: "A constant boost Fusion engine could reach light speed in 6 months using a 1 Gee boost.

Can't help it if ya can't read."

----------------------------

1. Nobody has come close to your wishful thinking. Cross your anti-scientific fingers and click your red heels together. It'll come true!

2. Your unmitigated gall of fatuous arrogance is typical of the godless, insufferable, destructive Left.
My Ignore List just increased by you, smartass.

"How is (SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) different from fantasy and pseudoscience?"- Demon Haunted World, by Carl Sagan, page 178

(A good question, never answered. But partaking in fantasy and pseudoscience for seven or eight figures was just fine with wealthy Carl, who asked me to buy his latest book when I sent critiques of several of his books to his publisher. I sold his letter on eBay for $125.)
My grandpappy cain't do it ,so it cain't be did. "Christopher ,you will fall off the edge of the world". "Orville ,that thing hain't never gonna fly". It is ignorant Nay-Sayers like this piece of shit that has stopped all human progress for centuries. Nobody has TRIED yet. So how the FUCK do you know?

Why is it absurd?

Is there any FRICTION in space? Any Gravity? Do you know anything about continuous acceleration? Yes. Space is enormous. But the nearest Star is 4 years away a 99% of Light speed. Of course we can't do it today. Maybe not for 100 years. But how about this? What would an 1850 man say about the possibility of "The Internet" ? Well ,Einstein? Ever heard of PROGRESS? (It is the opposite of Progressivism)

Keep on believing in your Science Fiction religion. Maybe you will get to screw one of those green Orion Slave girls one of these days.

Abiogenesis remains scientifically unproven.
Abiogenesis is a fact and a foregone conclusion. Once there was no life. Then, there was life. Abiogenesis connects these two states, just as star formation connects the states of "no star" and "star". What is not "proven" is how it happened, i.e., the Theory of Abiogenesis.

Abiogenesis remains scientifically unproven.
Abiogenesis is a fact and a foregone conclusion. Once there was no life. Then, there was life. Abiogenesis connects these two states, just as star formation connects the states of "no star" and "star". What is not "proven" is how it happened, i.e., the Theory of Abiogenesis.
It remains scientifically unproven just like the existence of a god. We can give it a name but that in no way means we understand how it happened if we don't know how it happened then we cannot repeat the process therefore it isn't scientifically proven.

So we have the religious people theorizing that a god created life and we have others saying abiogenesis created life.

Either theory can be considered valid until we can scientifically prove the existence of a god or recreate abiogenesis.

So until we figure it out and open the box we can say that both theories are true and false at the same time.

It remains scientifically unproven just like the existence of a god.
It is a foregone conclusion. It is a fact. I don't think you are following. We have never "proven" star formation as fact, nor have we observed the entire process. But it is a foregone conclusion that star formation is a fact. Similarly, abiogenesis is a fact.

Abiogensis did create life. Just as star formation created stars. Abiogenesis is just a term for the formation of life.

It remains scientifically unproven just like the existence of a god.
It is a foregone conclusion. It is a fact. I don't think you are following. We have never "proven" star formation as fact, nor have we observed the entire process. But it is a foregone conclusion that star formation is a fact. Similarly, abiogenesis is a fact.

Abiogensis did create life. Just as star formation created stars. Abiogenesis is just a term for the formation of life.

We can also describe the star formation process in detail.

Abiogenesis is still a black box and thus the process is not understood. And creation is also a term for the formation of life. Right now for all we know either one could be true.

As I said we have to either prove that a god exists or crack the code of abiogenesis. Until we do either of those neither theory is better than the other.

Forum List

Back