There is hope for this nation young Maryland teen is a inspiration

29 college applications, with the interviews, fees, etc., involved, sounds like a lot of work.

He probably should have done his research first, and narrowed it down to 3 or 4 at most and save time as well as money.

After all, he can only attend one.

29 college applications, with the interviews, fees, etc., involved, sounds like a lot of work.

He probably should have done his research first, and narrowed it down to 3 or 4 at most and save time as well as money.

After all, he can only attend one.
That is what most HS students do

He was just showing off.

With application fees at top universities running $80, he spent almost $2500 on just applying

He obviously has money to throw away

I'm more impressed with how well the young man was able to keep all of the paper straight and meet all of those different deadlines. A lot of people have money to burn, but he showed a lot of organizational skills here.

He was just showing off.
Or he was just being thorough if it is true that one school rejected him. To me, it is no different when a person goes out there and applies for a job. Applying to several places may be the smart thing to do because you don't know how things are going at each of the places as far as how desperate they may be for employees. Just like choosing what job to go with, the boy of course may choose which ever school is offering the most to their students. :) :) :)

God bless you and him boy always!!!

Holly

Or he was just being thorough if it is true that one school rejected him. To me, it is no different when a person goes out there and applies for a job. Applying to several places may be the smart thing to do because you don't know how things are going at each of the places as far as how desperate they may be for employees. Just like choosing what job to go with, the boy of course may choose which ever school is offering the most to their students. :) :) :)

God bless you and him boy always!!!

Holly

He knew his grades and his student profile
He was not applying to 29 schools just hoping one would accept him

He wasted not only his time, but the time of schools he had no interest in attending

He wasted not only his time, but the time of schools he had no interest in attending
Universities in the United States compete for students and will offer a number of incentives to attract new students. With being accepted at multiple universities, it is absolutely possible that additional incentives will be offered and they want to attract the best students to their campus.

This may include additional financial aid, scholarships, personalized visits and guaranteed admission programs. How is this a waste of time if the candidate is able to secure additional funding and benefits?

Universities in the United States compete for students and will offer a number of incentives to attract new students. With being accepted at multiple universities, it is absolutely possible that additional incentives will be offered and they want to attract the best students to their campus.

This may include additional financial aid, scholarships, personalized visits and guaranteed admission programs. How is this a waste of time if the candidate is able to secure additional funding and benefits?

He is supposed to be a very intelligent student.

He should be able to tell which schools meet his needs and ambitions and his chances of acceptance

He is just showing off ………Look how many schools I got accepted to

He is supposed to be a very intelligent student.

He should be able to tell which schools meet his needs and ambitions and his chances of acceptance

He is just showing off ………Look how many schools I got accepted to
How do you know why he applied to so many schools? How do you know he's not driving more incentives to make a decision?

If he saves thousands of dollars, it was an investment of his time and minimal funds that pays dividends.

He's the black face of white supremacy, as we all now know, thanks to the enlightened among us, that hard work, perseverance, and a desire to achieve are all badges of whiteness.

How do you know that he didn't have interest in going to all of them? If he was truly just showing off, he would've applied to every school on the planet.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Considering the way that things are now in the world, I wonder what would've been sent to him in return if he had applied to the all-girl schools?

Even though I knew I would not be attending college I applied anyway and was rejected by one and accepted by three. So right-winger is right about high school kids applying to schools. ;)
I had to go to work full-time right out of high school but it was nice to know I could have gone. The University of Tennessee was the most well-known of the three.

^^^ To me, what you did wasn't showing off. I can understand you wanting to know if any school would accept you. Because you went ahead and applied to a few, you won't have to spend the rest of your life wondering if you are good enough for college. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The University of Tennessee is just 45 minutes away from me. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back