Zone1 Project H.O.O.D success story: Orphaned Chicago teen accepted into NASA intern program.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
They are not all drug gang bangers. Given the right guidance and opportunity, young men like Demario can beat the odds and succeed.

Dear michael,

We are excited to share a heartwarming success story that is made possible through your continued support. Meet Demario Slaughter, a shining example of the incredible transformations happening within our neighborhood through Project H.O.O.D.

Demario, a proud member of New Beginnings Church, has been a part of Project H.O.O.D since his early years. As a young participant, he eagerly engaged in our summer programs, soaking up knowledge and inspiration from our dedicated mentors and counselors. His passion and dedication led him to become one of our first high school summer camp counselors, serving as a role model for younger generations.

With the help of a scholarship, Demario began his college education at the University of Iowa, where he excelled academically while never forgetting his roots. He later transferred to the esteemed University of California, Berkeley, where his commitment to learning and pursuit of excellence continued to thrive.

Incredibly, we are overjoyed to announce that Demario has been accepted into the prestigious NASA L'SPACE Academy as a mission intern for the NASA Lucy project. This incredible opportunity will allow him to work alongside renowned scientists and engineers, gaining valuable experience in the aerospace industry. Demario's acceptance into this program is a testament to his unwavering determination and the bright future that lies ahead.
fYk6JPNju6cxoz0kthx4ko526Oko_NHppvhhTNnBfJC7IAJve-rFAcgL7GeZkKKblNn3NFtnwIPq3KnSLn5bZAz-Q7r8jTIl3k3oRTkzM8SDuihuO4ca9P1Dk-bFyHENVIjeC4U=s0-d-e1-ft
Demario's journey has not been without its challenges. He faced the devastating loss of his mother during his senior year of high school, leaving him to navigate life's hurdles alone. However, with the unwavering support of his community and the guidance of Pastor Corey Brooks, Demario has triumphed over adversity and become an inspiration to us all.

It is with immense gratitude that we thank you, our generous donors, for making stories like Demario's possible. Your unwavering support has paved the way for countless young individuals in our neighborhood to rise above their circumstances and reach for the stars.

As we celebrate Demario's achievements, we are reminded of the profound impact that Project H.O.O.D and your contributions have on our community. Together, we are sowing seeds of hope, nurturing dreams, and creating opportunities for a brighter future.

Once again, we extend our heartfelt appreciation for your continued support. It is through your generosity that we can empower individuals like Demario and shape a better tomorrow for our neighborhood.

With gratitude,

Pastor Corey Brooks
Project H.O.O.D Founder & CEO

He is lucky to be an American. This kid would be born poor and die poor in the Canadian caste system enforced by the creepy Police State. Be!lieve me when I say this and do NOT trust Canada. Do as Reagan did, lean on our politicians and demand they change. Congrats on this kid and the country that embraced his talent rather than wasting it as loser nations would have.

• Banned
He is lucky to be an American. This kid would be born poor and die poor in the Canadian caste system enforced by the creepy Police State. Be!lieve me when I say this and do NOT trust Canada. Do as Reagan did, lean on our politicians and demand they change. Congrats on this kid and the country that embraced his talent rather than wasting it as loser nations would have.
I find it astounding that American "Liberals" fawn all over non-citizen illegals while ignoring poor American citizens like Demario. I don't know much about Canada, I do know that the US continues to fail the poorest American citizens as neither DEM nor GOP gives a hoot about them.

I find it astounding that American "Liberals" fawn all over non-citizen illegals while ignoring poor American citizens like Demario. I don't know much about Canada, I do know that the US continues to fail the poorest American citizens as neither DEM nor GOP gives a hoot about them.
If true it is sad. A wise nation wll realize that it is to everones advantage to harness talent and potential. Failure to do so costs everyone.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back