Zone1 There is a punishment (we hope not an eternal one) for not listening to Christ's Church

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
There's a Scripture psg about how if you have a problem with a brother, take it to the Church and if the person will not even hear the Church, he is to be treated like an infidel (unbeliever)

But if thy brother shall offend against thee, go, and rebuke him between thee and him alone. If he shall hear thee, thou shalt gain thy brother. 16And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more: that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. 17And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican. 18Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven.

Matthew 18:15

Me

So this is the reason Catholics do not.. wait, it is at least one reason anyhow.. Catholics say that no one can be saved outside the Church.

Jesus did not establish a Church and then say or imply that there was no need to enter or remain in it... THAT makes ZERO sense

Last edited:
There's a Scripture psg about how if you have a problem with a brother, take it to the Church and if the person will not even hear the Church, he is to be treated like an infidel (unbeliever)

So this is the reason Catholics do not.. wait, it is at least one reason anyhow.. Catholics say that no one can be saved outside the Church.

Jesus did not establish a Church and then say or imply that there was no need to enter or remain in it... THAT makes ZERO sense
Show us the Scripture.

But if thy brother shall offend against thee, go, and rebuke him between thee and him alone. If he shall hear thee, thou shalt gain thy brother. 16And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more: that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. 17And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican. 18Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven.

Me

Which church is that exactly?

Which one of all the flavors of Christian churches is the "right" one?

Cultists trying to frighten Sheeple with threats .
The sooner the Christian Cultists are disbanded the nicer the world we live in becomes .

I have always thought that the punishment of separation from God of the unbelievers would not be eternal, though it might last a damned long time (pun intended). I don’t believe that God’s victory over Satan in the battle for the souls of the men, women and children He created was ever destined to be anything but a complete shutout.

At some point, all of the lost souls will be reclaimed, having suffered the punishment they themselves selected. Yes, I believe that even Satan will return to his father’s house. If biblical precedent is followed, Satan will be given a place of honor and his return celebrated more gloriously even than that of the faithful. (Luke 15:11 - 32)

Me

So, what ordinance in the Catholic Church done by the priesthood binds or seals in heaven?

Me

They cant be. They must be taught by the ones whom Jesus appointed and where he is head of the congregation. Coll 1:18,,Luke 10:16--otherwise will be taught by blind guides= 99% of all the religions that claim to belong to Jesus. He started 1, 1 is all he is with. A true mark= 1 Cor 1:10--Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division=1 single religion has Jesus. The one everyone hates. The one that actually listens to Jesus.

Me

The "Church" is the body of believers in whom the Holy Spirit dwells. You've bought into the teachings of your cult leaders over the easy to understand teachings of Jesus and his apostles

They cant be. They must be taught by the ones whom Jesus appointed and where he is head of the congregation. Coll 1:18,,Luke 10:16--otherwise will be taught by blind guides= 99% of all the religions that claim to belong to Jesus. He started 1, 1 is all he is with. A true mark= 1 Cor 1:10--Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division=1 single religion has Jesus. The one everyone hates. The one that actually listens to Jesus.
Sorry, but that isn't your organization either

Forum List

Back